Gitzman's WFRP3 Platform

Moderator: emirikol

emirikol
Dragon

Gitzman's WFRP3 Platform

Post by emirikol »

If any of you decide you want to run any of the WFRP3 platform scenarios that Gitzman did up, please contact me.
http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/
Thanks,

Jay H

WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY ON MAPTOOL

Step 1: Download and extract Maptool (version b76): http://www.rptools.net/index.php

Step 2: Join the WFRP Maptool game scheduling and discussion board (moderated by me): forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php

Step 3: Download and extract A Day Late, a Shilling Short campaign file from Gitzman's Maptool Campaign Platforms: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/MapTools_WFRP/index.html

Step 4: Open Maptool and set your Launcher settings to: Max 1024, Min 256, Stack 5.

Step 5: In the menu bar, click File > Open Campaign. Then find your downloads folder and open the "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" .cmpgn file. Use your real name here.

Step 6: Go to the Staging Area map. Left click on the dice in the white box and click on "Launch Dice Tool" in the Selection window (you may have to open that windo). Make sure the dice roller window is open and test it out. If you accidently pin a window to the side and lose it, you can click Windows>Restore Layout and all of your checked windows will reappear.

Step 7: Click on the blue globe in the upper right hand corner and change the map view to: Forest Trail. Notice the location cards and characters.

Step 8: Test out the following: Map zoom in/out (+/- keys), dragging a token around, applying fatigue, stress, wounds, stance on your token.

Step 9: Move your central view of the map by right clicking and dragging the map

Step 10: Move a character token by left clicking on it and dragging it. Notice it tells you your movement in 5' increments. We use 30' per maneuver and "engaged" means in contact with a figure. Just like in a regular game, you only move your character during your turn. Close/Medium/Long = 0-30/31-90/91-180 feet

Step 11: Left double click on a token to see details inside of it. Your GM will set these details so don't mess with them.

Step 12: For the other tutorials, click on the HELP tab on the menu bar. You'll see a tab that reads tutorials.

Step 13: The GM will set up all the other stuff, but you cannot break it, just do NOT save the campaign when you close if you change anything.

Step 14: Stay connected: Get Skype set up and test your headset to make sure it works. Keep the Skype chat window open. Make sure you have everyone's emails.

Step 15: Set up your tabletop trackers: You will need your character sheet next to you with all your character cards. You will need all the cards for the game (including wound cards so you can track criticals).

HOW TO'S
* how to initiative: open and GM will select and roll
* there are macros to put fatigue, stress, wounds, stance on the character. Notice that if there are critical wounds, the total wounds will not go below that number
* how to get the pointer arrow to show up?
* Starting wounds show up???
* rule from GM's guide: sacrifice action, gain 2 maneuvers
* house rule: an engagement on maptool is anything touching somethign else.
* house rule: draw weapon free action (from sheath)
* Road: one free movement maneuver (30' free movement)
* monster get's a crit: just take extra damage instead
* for link up problems, trouble-shooting is in the tutorials. Also you may click the uphp box if necessary as we had an issue there. (see below)
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Illustrious
Kobold

Re: Gitzman's WFRP3 Platform

Post by Illustrious »

I'm going to run a game Thursday. I'd like to talk to you or Jesse about how to do it before then - hopefully I'll see one of you online.

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

I am available any time from 5pm to midnight PST. I know this isnt much help, but i'll do what i can. We could also take it to email and i can walk you through anything you like.

Gitz
Thought begets heresy,
Heresy begets Retribution.

Illustrious
Kobold

Post by Illustrious »

I'll stay up. It's not that late. I'll just play Red Dead Redemption till then.

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

Shoot me an email and suggest a few times we can get together. i'll let you know which i can do.

jburke dot design at gmail dot com

Gitz
Thought begets heresy,

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY ON MAPTOOL

Step 1: Download and extract Maptool (version b76): http://www.rptools.net/index.php

Step 2: Join the WFRP Maptool game scheduling and discussion board (moderated by me): forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php

Step 3: Download and extract A Day Late, a Shilling Short campaign file from Gitzman's Maptool Campaign Platforms: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/MapTools_WFRP/index.html

Step 4: Open Maptool and set your Launcher settings to: Max 1024, Min 256, Stack 5.

Step 5: In the menu bar, click File > Open Campaign. Then find your downloads folder and open the "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" .cmpgn file. Use your real name here.

Step 6: Go to the Staging Area map. Left click on the dice in the white box and click on "Launch Dice Tool" in the Selection window (you may have to open that windo). Make sure the dice roller window is open and test it out. If you accidently pin a window to the side and lose it, you can click Windows>Restore Layout and all of your checked windows will reappear.

Step 7: Click on the blue globe in the upper right hand corner and change the map view to: Forest Trail. Notice the location cards and characters.

Step 8: Test out the following: Map zoom in/out (+/- keys), dragging a token around, applying fatigue, stress, wounds, stance on your token.

Step 9: Move your central view of the map by right clicking and dragging the map

Step 10: Move a character token by left clicking on it and dragging it. Notice it tells you your movement in 5' increments. We use 30' per maneuver and "engaged" means in contact with a figure. Just like in a regular game, you only move your character during your turn. Close/Medium/Long = 0-30/31-90/91-180 feet

Step 11: Left double click on a token to see details inside of it. Your GM will set these details so don't mess with them.

Step 12: For the other tutorials, click on the HELP tab on the menu bar. You'll see a tab that reads tutorials.

Step 13: The GM will set up all the other stuff, but you cannot break it, just do NOT save the campaign when you close if you change anything.

Step 14: Stay connected: Get Skype set up and test your headset to make sure it works. Keep the Skype chat window open. Make sure you have everyone's emails.

Step 15: Set up your tabletop trackers: You will need your character sheet next to you with all your character cards. You will need all the cards for the game (including wound cards so you can track criticals).

HOW TO'S
* how to initiative: open and GM will select and roll
* there are macros to put fatigue, stress, wounds, stance on the character. Notice that if there are critical wounds, the total wounds will not go below that number
* how to get the pointer arrow to show up?
* Starting wounds show up???
* rule from GM's guide: sacrifice action, gain 2 maneuvers
* house rule: an engagement on maptool is anything touching somethign else.
* house rule: draw weapon free action (from sheath)
* Road: one free movement maneuver (30' free movement)
* monster get's a crit: just take extra damage instead
* for link up problems, trouble-shooting is in the tutorials. Also you may click the upnp box if necessary as we had an issue there. (see below)
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

How to get the pointer to show up: Press and hold the spacebar, an arrow with your name will appear to all the other players where your mouse is pointed. Good for pointing or indicating things on the board.

Displaying starting wounds: The health bar and starting wounds are invisible on a character unless that character has taken damage at which point the health bar will appear. So if you dont see a health bar, they are undamaged. This feature is in place to reduce clutter on the game table with unnecessary icons and bars.
Thought begets heresy,

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

I would suggest adding a section for hosting a game. Many people need to select the check box for UPHP or something like that for a server to launch properly (i do). James had an issue here, he resolved it but this was going to be my suggestion.

Lets take some notes when we start our game on sunday.
Thought begets heresy,

Illustrious
Kobold

Post by Illustrious »

Ticking the box did indeed fix it.

Cwell
Kobold

Post by Cwell »

For wounds card needed in case of Criticals, maybe you could use the GM guide preview table and implement a d100 roll based on it in Map Tools : GM Guide Crit table (19 Mo PDF)
Less cards to have along the keyboard ;)

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

Yea i'll certainly update the ruleset once the new books come out with the table versions. They are much more appropriate and MUCH easier to fold into the ruleset. They will consierdably reduce the campaign file sizes as well.

Just waiting for release.

Gitz
Thought begets heresy,

cylone
Kobold

Post by cylone »

I gave it a quick look-over, but was stumped when I realized maptools doesn't support custom fonts. I guess a workaround could be a separate separate table just for needed images/symbols and than have the original table call this one when needed.
But that was extra work and I sure wasnt gonna bother especially cause the real problem was being unable to copy paste from the sample pdf.
Come to think about it it might be easier to just have each entry as a .jpg
Hmm if I find the time I'm gonna give it a shot.

jesseburke
Cave Troll

Post by jesseburke »

Well rolling the D100 and displaying the text should be no problem at all. Actually a hell of a lot better than using the jpg i think. I'd love to drop the jpg files to reduce the campaign file sizes.

Why do we need custom fonts? Do you mean for the dice sumbols? I can come up with alternatives for that if needed i think.

Gitz
Thought begets heresy,

cylone
Kobold

Post by cylone »

Yes exactly that. (Symbols and dice)
It would just look pretty bleh if it was replaced with a BOON or BLACK or worse <B>.

Anyway its besides the point, I wouldve already done it like that but the preview didnt allow copy-pasting and I was to lazy to reinstall foxxit or any other feature-enabled pdf reader.

btw. with .jpg I actually meant a .png (to preserve readibility) and make a bunch of "strips" per line.
These can also later be used to show what critical wounds is the player suffering via macro on a token.

cylone
Kobold

Post by cylone »

Ha ha... I was tinkering with some frogs for that adventure I mentioned before, on my old half-finished framework.
Then I remember that there was a more up to date version of Rumbles dice roller in the campaign we are playing the framework you are using. So I load it to export the dice roller, when look and behold what do I find there, theres already criticals,insanities,etc. as scanned cards. Whew now I'm glad I didnt waste any time on making a text table or scanning cards myself. HA HA

Anyway while I'm here already, I guess I should ask permission to grab those scans and use them myself.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay”