Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

JoeDuncan
Giant

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.47 [SOUNDPADS]

Post by JoeDuncan »

Hi, ever since I upgraded my campaign to Maptool 1.7, all on my teleports are messed up :(

I've updated to BoT v.47, but no dice. One way works, but the other way the tokens always appear offset on the wrong square.

They all used to work fine :(

Any ideas?
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats a known issue. in the bot settings turn off 'scale teleports'. Should fix it. Its possible that you replaced the lib:eventmacros with a version where its turned on.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I made sure to only replace lib:OnTokenMove and left lib:EventMacros alone, I'm absolutely positive I did not replace it.

Toggling "scale teleports", saving the campaign, exiting maptool, restarting and reloading the campaign was the very first thing I tried, several times both ways. Doesn't make a difference either way :(

The only thing that seems to affect it in anyway is if I change the "size" of the teleport pad token. The teleported tokens appear 1 to the left if set to "medium" or "free size" (and several other sizes I tested). However, if I set the pad size to "small" then the teleported tokens appear 1 square to the left and 1 square above the target (diagonally). That's about the only difference I've been able to make changing just about every possible relevant setting I can find...
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats really weird. its possible that the pads somehow got disaligned. what you can try is to:
1. make sure both ends of the teleports are the same size
2. move them a bit and then put them in place (to make sure they snap to grid correctly)
3. run initialize maps just to be sure
(and obviously make sure that auto scale is still turned off)

if that all fails, please share the campiagn file with instructions.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

Thanks! That worked!

What seemed to actually do it was setting the size specifically to medium and making everything snap to grid. If I mess with either of those, they all go wonky again.

Seems like the problem was I had all my portals set to size "small" and centered on their squares instead of snapped to grid (mostly just for aesthetics).

Funny thing is, they all worked just fine until I upgraded MapTool to 1.7 :(

Oh well, at least they're functional again, thx

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Hey, I just wanted to point out a possible bug in version 47h using MT v1.7.0.

When using animated doors, any (Rotating) door that is set up using "0" (exactly vertical) as the "Set the angle for closed door" causes the door to close improperly when using the switch.

It opens just fine, but closing the door causes the door to swing past the closed position and then it pops back the other direction in to the closed position.

It seems like this happens with both cracking the door and opening the door all the way but only when setting the door to "0" as the closed position.

I tested this on your campaign file and get the same results.

BTW, to get the door set at "0", you have to first rotate the door into a vertical position (assuming your png displays the door in a horizontal position). Then the settings rotate it starting from the "0" position. If you keep the door in the horizontal position, then set it at "0" in the settings, the settings will always revert back to 270 which is the horizontal position.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

just tried this and it works as expecte, no issues. can you share the campaign file?

added a screenshot for the used settings
screenshot
Screenshot 2020-12-21 17.58.03.png
Screenshot 2020-12-21 17.58.03.png (326.08 KiB) Viewed 5815 times

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

wolph42 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:56 am
can you share the campaign file?
I get the same results using your latest BoT campaign file. Here are screenshots of each step. These were taken directly from your campaign "Base" map. I even tested it using the door you have on the same map and get the same result.

Place door (large size) on map snapped to grid.
index1.png
index1.png (12.53 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Manually rotate door counterclockwise into "0" position.
index2.png
index2.png (14.69 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Edit the door.
index3.png
index3.png (66.66 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Open the door fully (clockwise).
index4.png
index4.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
It opens 90 degrees correctly.
index5.png
index5.png (18.78 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Close the door (this is where it malfunctions).
index6.png
index6.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Rather than closing counterclockwise, the door continues to close clockwise.
index8.png
index8.png (18.6 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Once it turns another 90 degrees clockwise, it pops back into the "0" closed position.
index9.png
index9.png (17.18 KiB) Viewed 5807 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.48 [MT TABLES]

Post by wolph42 »

NEW VERSION 48
New Features
- possibility to create MT tables by copy pasting from excel
- update to soundPads:
+ added flag to eventPad triggered soundpad so you can set it to only play once.
+ added sounddistance to the other tokens for the sound triggerpath as well
+ To all the teleports and eventpads you can now also link a sound that plays when the pad is activated.
- Added video tutorials to splashscreen
- Added script signs to whisper frame, thanks to Takehara.

bugfixes
- bugfix in whisperframe.
- Bug fixes soundPad, turned off new scope in teleport and mapteleport functions (so lastpath is passed on)
- Bug fixes in animate door

Oryan77
Dragon

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.48 [MT TABLES]

Post by Oryan77 »

wolph42 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
It appears the animated doors are completely broken now. I loaded your campaign file and every door on the VBL map moves in a full 360 to complete the open/closed function.

Your first door for example is set to open at 160 degrees clockwise. It opens at 160 clockwise, but when you close the door, rather than closing counter clockwise (Anti Clockwise), it closes clockwise, passing through the wall until it finishes the complete 360 degrees to the closed position. Double doors are doing the same thing.

Oddly enough, you have a random door placed on the BASE map called door fant9 that seems to be working fine. I don't see any differences in the door settings so I can't figure out why it works and the others don't.

I get the same broken result on my campaign file when I load your new token file.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.47 [MT Tables]

Post by wolph42 »

Oryan77 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:31 pm
wolph42 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
It appears the animated doors are completely broken now. I loaded your campaign file and every door on the VBL map moves in a full 360 to complete the open/closed function.

Your first door for example is set to open at 160 degrees clockwise. It opens at 160 clockwise, but when you close the door, rather than closing counter clockwise (Anti Clockwise), it closes clockwise, passing through the wall until it finishes the complete 360 degrees to the closed position. Double doors are doing the same thing.

Oddly enough, you have a random door placed on the BASE map called door fant9 that seems to be working fine. I don't see any differences in the door settings so I can't figure out why it works and the others don't.

I get the same broken result on my campaign file when I load your new token file.
yes, im working on new door functionality with reverend and melek, its on the discord channel. i basically abandonded this project entirely on the bot but haven't taken the trouble of fully removing it.

however...what you can try is increasing the animation timer in the settings (bot settings) and see if that helps

TricksterSam
Kobold

Post by TricksterSam »

I was using an older lib:onTokenMove. I could place roofs but the size of the roof would change when a token was moved into the space. I saw that you had fixed this bug in an updated lib. I downloaded the most recent lib today and the roofs only disappear when a token is just on the edge of the roof. Once the token is under the roof, the area displays the roof again.

Additionally, I can't get Bag of Tricks Macros to launch. I get this error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.rptools.maptool.model.Token.getProperty(String)" because "token" is null error executing expression menuButtons = getLibProperty("bot.fg.MenuButtons", "lib:OnTokenMove").
Error trace : createMacroButtonsOTMSetup@lib:OnTokenMove 1 <<< MacroButtonsOTMSetup@lib:OnTokenMove 1 <<< Bag of Tricks Macros@campaign
Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

TricksterSam wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:49 am
I was using an older lib:onTokenMove. I could place roofs but the size of the roof would change when a token was moved into the space. I saw that you had fixed this bug in an updated lib. I downloaded the most recent lib today and the roofs only disappear when a token is just on the edge of the roof. Once the token is under the roof, the area displays the roof again.

Additionally, I can't get Bag of Tricks Macros to launch. I get this error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.rptools.maptool.model.Token.getProperty(String)" because "token" is null error executing expression menuButtons = getLibProperty("bot.fg.MenuButtons", "lib:OnTokenMove").
Error trace : createMacroButtonsOTMSetup@lib:OnTokenMove 1 <<< MacroButtonsOTMSetup@lib:OnTokenMove 1 <<< Bag of Tricks Macros@campaign
Did I do something wrong? Thanks!
Hi I havent used the roof function in quite some while so not sure what its status is. As for the error, you either have a copy of ontokenmove or at least named it incorrectly it should be lib:ontokenmove not lib:ontokenmove 1

JawareBloodriver
Kobold

Post by JawareBloodriver »

I have a question for the Author.

I enjoy the bag of tricks much more than i probably should.

but I have some problems. I recently began using the Invisibility utilities. I very much enjoy them. As they fit very nicely with the horror game that i am running. (Having hillucinations that the player is convinced is real is a very usefull game feature that i looked for a way to implement and all but gave up on before i fount it here.)

My issue is I use Movement Pad for character movement. It began as a neat thing, but somehow somewhere my campaign file doenst allow drag and drop tokens (You can try, it just drops them whereever. It is extremely annoying.). Anyway, i dont believe Movement pad is still updated/maintained etc.

i was wondering if there was some way i can use the invisibility without having to drag and drop the tokens inorder for it to 'Check' the token range for the features like see/purge/annul or if that is unfortunately all that is possible?

Any help or feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks, and thank you for making such an amazing addition to the GMs arsenal of tools.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”