Joe's Ugly Hacks 'Drop-in' macro libraries - v0.2.5 [alpha]

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Longshot
Giant

Re: Joe's Ugly Hacks 'Drop-in' macro libraries - v0.2.5 [alpha]

Post by Longshot »

I haven't had the chance to try this yet, but this looks like the best thing ever? Yes? Not just me?

First thing I'm going to try to build is a damage indicator. Dream version is to see the damage numbers appear in red next to the corner of the target and float up as they fade away.

Thinking out loud now (don't mind me): Since this uses pictures, I'd need a picture of each digit, and an offset for each 10's column. If the animation already is a number rising, I just need to target the area next to the token, then start the animations at the same time for all of them. If getting it to offset isn't easy enough, I could make 3 versions of the animation using a different 10's column to rise within for digits 0-9. I think it would have more impact for the players to see their damage "hit".

Oh, and lava can happen now.

And fire-damage in a town. With smoke.

And traps with Spikes popping up.

And ground crumbling away to a pit.

And ocean waves. Hrm, would that need to use a bunch of tiles for efficiency? Lava too?

For a coder and an animator, this is friggen Christmas!! :) Thank you!!
Last edited by Longshot on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Re: Joe's Ugly Hacks 'Drop-in' macro libraries - v0.2.5 [alpha]

Post by Jmr3366 »

This is not the same type of animation using tokens like JUH and the capabilities are not equal between the two but figured I'd share this here anyway.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al6_vh5ZO29wgUv1w4O ... j?e=K0SByr

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”