Plothos' 3.5 & Pathfinder Spell Managers

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

quikdagger
Giant

Re: Plothos' 3.5 & Pathfinder Spell Managers

Post by quikdagger »

plothos wrote:Do you mean add the non-core spells to the database? If so, that's to do with Aliasmask's code, and it's something he's currently working on. If not, I'll need more info on what's causing trouble.
That is exactly what I was talking about so you can disregard that. I do however, stand by my comment on how much I like the "rulebook" system. Especially since I have non-core classes in my campaign and being able to make spell-lists for those classes is very very nice...i.e. Warmage :) Thanks for your work.
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

"Ooh ooh ooh!" -Horshack

I will toss this into my wife's campaign file for this Friday and let folks play with it live and see what we can kick up! (My fledgling Summoner will be a nice basic test...)

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

quikdagger wrote:
plothos wrote:Do you mean add the non-core spells to the database? If so, that's to do with Aliasmask's code, and it's something he's currently working on. If not, I'll need more info on what's causing trouble.
That is exactly what I was talking about so you can disregard that. I do however, stand by my comment on how much I like the "rulebook" system. Especially since I have non-core classes in my campaign and being able to make spell-lists for those classes is very very nice...i.e. Warmage :) Thanks for your work.
Thank you. It was a lot of work, so I'm glad it's useful. :)
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

lmarkus001 wrote:"Ooh ooh ooh!" -Horshack

I will toss this into my wife's campaign file for this Friday and let folks play with it live and see what we can kick up! (My fledgling Summoner will be a nice basic test...)
Do bear in mind this is untested and incomplete. :oops:
You may have to fiddle with the Output macro, adding in an execLink or something, for instance, to get it to display anything to chat.
But yeah, any testing you can do will be wonderful. Thanks. :)
Drop-In Utilities:
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

UPDATE: Started work on special abilities and it does not look like it will be super hard to rework the code, which is good. Time is a bit short, as I have a stack of papers to grade, but I'll plug away at it. There may be a significant time investment required for recoding all the PF class powers to work with the new data structure. Hopefully it'll be mindless busywork and I can churn it out in the wee hours of the night during the lulls in the werewolf siege upon my apartment building.
Drop-In Utilities:

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

plothos wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:"Ooh ooh ooh!" -Horshack

Do bear in mind this is untested and incomplete. :oops:
You may have to fiddle with the Output macro, adding in an execLink or something, for instance, to get it to display anything to chat.
But yeah, any testing you can do will be wonderful. Thanks. :)
Oh yeah, I am a player on Friday so will have time to test (hard to test when am the DM). We are currently using paper to track spells so this won't interrupt anything, folks that want to test can.

Jack of Tales
Kobold

Post by Jack of Tales »

I'm getting a 404 error when I try to follow the link for the .zip files. Is anyone else having an issue like this?

prewitt5
Kobold

Post by prewitt5 »

The Beta is looking pretty good Plothos. I can't thank you enough for working on this. One problem I seem to be having. When I go into the Pathfinder bookshelf and create new class using an existing one (sorcerer) everything goes smooth til I tell it I want to model number of spells known by: "none - create from scratch" when I click ok it gives me this error:
   Invalid condition in IF(checknum > -1) roll option.       Statement options (if any): if(checknum > -1)       Statement Body : stopeet = 1; levelcheck = levelcheck-1

This happens whether or not I have the Pathfinder Core book loaded.
As I am not very good at the language I thought I would post it so you could take a look at it :)

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Thanks. That's a bug I'll have to track down.
Drop-In Utilities:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Still plugging away when I get the chance. Haven't looked into that bug yet, as I'm still wrapped up in special abilities. It was relatively easy to hard-code things for classes, but now that classes are customizable, I have to come up with a way to customize things like decision points for bloodlines, etc. It's turned out to be somewhat involved. I am stuck currently in the planning phase, mostly, and tinkering with the overall architecture. If and when I get that working, I'll have to figure a way to add to the bookshelf editor a way to set it all up for new classes.

The good news is I think I'll be able to have it all work out and once you pick your bloodline or whatever all your abilities will be set for you. This could be extended to other decision points such as wizard feat choices, etc. No good sense of how long this will all take, with a stack of papers crying out for grades sitting in front of me.
Drop-In Utilities:

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Plothos, do you have subdomains added for Clerics/Inquisitors in Pathfinder? Also, if I were to send you a JSON with the APG classes added, would you add it to the list?

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

I'm not familiar with subdomains, so I guess not. Were they part of the core rulebook? Thus far, that's all I have coded.
I'm currently working on the special abilities, which will handle the powers that go along with domain/bloodline/specialization/etc. choices and the like. How do subdomains work?

When the manager as a whole is up and working, I will set up an import/export function for the bookcase, which will allow the import of additional classes. I assume that's what you want added? Not sure what APG is. Advanced Player's Guide? Anyway, once that's set up, whether you're looking to add new classes or replace old ones with new versions, you should be able to use the I/O function to do so. I will only include the SRD and PRD data in the manager itself, but I'm hoping we can set up a thread or gallery for people to make I/O files available. This will make for, eventually, a complete library of all classes, if users get them set up.

But I have to get it working first. ;) Not enough hours in the day. :(
Drop-In Utilities:

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Subdomains are basically like domains, but you swap them out for the higher domain. So like say your diety has Weather domain and weather's subdomains are storm and ice. You can pick Ice instead of weather. Yes, APG=Advanced Player's Guide. I meant to manually add the classes in by working with the JSON not using macros. The info is OGL from the APG and is located on d20pfsrd.com. My problem is getting it added to Aliasmask's database as he hides the properties on the token so I can't see the JSON info and manually add them to the database.

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Hey Plothos,

Can you link me to a version Pathfinder Version 2.0.4 of your Spell Manager? Your site appears to be down.

Thx

Avotas

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Links in the first page should now work for the last of the original version.
Still working on the recode - I got real sick and am working through a stack of papers to grade. Sorry for all who are waiting.
Drop-In Utilities:

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”