Plothos' 3.5 & Pathfinder Spell Managers

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Plothos' 3.5 & Pathfinder Spell Managers

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:ok checked out your lib and its even worse... I replaced the one in the campaign file and on running 'spell menu' with the 'caster selected' I got: 'value for casterInfo' here again a part of the log:
Spoiler
2013-02-25 16:11:04,668 [client.MapToolLineParser:1293] DEBUG - net.rptools.parser.ParserException: Unresolved value "CasterInfo".
2013-02-25 16:11:06,525 [macro.MacroManager:373] DEBUG - Starting macro: ImpersonateMacro----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013-02-25 16:11:06,527 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - "Spell Main@Lib:spells"
2013-02-25 16:11:06,527 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - ""
2013-02-25 16:11:06,530 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - "Spells: "+getName()
2013-02-25 16:11:06,542 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - ""
2013-02-25 16:11:06,545 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - "Spell Main Text@Lib:spells"
2013-02-25 16:11:06,549 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - ""
2013-02-25 16:11:06,567 [client.MapToolLineParser:1276] DEBUG - chardata = CasterInfo
Make sure you have the correct tokentype. Also, Plothos's 2.xx is not compatible with 3.0. I think if you set CasterInfo to {} you can then load and redo.

Here is the Spell Menu macro I wrote for the Campaign Frame:

Code: Select all

[H: id = getSelected()]
[H: switchToken(id)]
[H: spellManager = getProperty("am.spellManager")]
[H: casterInfo = getProperty("casterInfo")]
[H, if(json.isEmpty(spellManager) && ! json.isEmpty(casterInfo)), code: {
   [H: abort(input("tip|<html><b>Previous versions of Plothos and Wrathgon data is incompatible<br>so, this question will only be asked once.</b><br><br></html>||LABEL|SPAN=TRUE","clearInfo|NO,YES|Clear Caster Info?|RADIO"))]
   [H: setProperty("am.spellManager",1)]
};{}]
[H, macro("Spell Main@Lib:spells"): ""]

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

could you post maybe a full working version? apparently whats in the OP is really really really buggy and replacing one element effectively replaces one 'really'.

edit: note my edit to my last post (not this one...) with yet another bug

edit: property type is 'caster' and CasterInfo does not exist (as a property)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I see.. the lib:spells in the latest campaign is v2 and lib:spells3 is v3.. so, name it lib:spells3, save, restart. Yeah, I need to do a find/replace for lib:spells on the token to make compatible with the newer release of FW. It'll be a sec.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:I see.. the lib:spells in the latest campaign is v2 and lib:spells3 is v3.. so, name it lib:spells3, save, restart.
results in
Unknown library token "Lib:spells".
again: could you pls just upload a working campaign file with this in it (as clean as possible?).

The only thing I need this for is literally a spell manager, so no online or face 2 face VTT setup, just an extra tool during paper session campaign.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm using an older version of 3.5/Pathfinder FW. But I have a copy of the newer one. I added the new token to it and it works fine. I had to clear caster info (macro) and then clear the am.spellManager property to clear existing spell casting token info.

His spell menu button works (in first section, he has 2) but it didn't clear casterinfo like mine did, so that's why you have to use the macro at bottom or manually clear it.

[files removed - not good with newer FW]

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

First off, thanks for your help and patience !

ok I'm still not getting it to work. I've added the campaign file. This contains your last uploaded .rptok.

here my issues:
1. "so that's why you have to use the macro at bottom or manually clear it."
what macro at what bottom? or how to clear it manually? I can't find any property called like that. Nor any macro that does something like that.
2. using your earlier pasted code for spell menu gives me the error: "Unknown library token "Lib:spells"." Both on the campaign panel and on the selected token
3. campaign panel if further empty and I don' know which macro I should add there... if any
4. F2 (open spell lib) --> class --> cleric -->
   Invalid condition in IF(json.length(cat1_) == 0) roll option.       Statement options (if any): H, if(json.length(cat1_) == 0), code       Statement Body : { [H: woDim_ = 0] };{ [H: twoDim_ = if(json.type(json.get(cat1_,0)) == "ARRAY",1,0)] }
5. Selecting caster token... well I can't really do anything as everything I try keeps asking for lib:spell.
6. trying to 'config library' gives me: "Unknown table name "SpellDescriptions" in function "table"."

edit: I now notice the link you provided with the campaign file. gonna check that one out.

edit2: ok this all seems to work. i still encounter some bugs though. E.g. 'convert' macro on the spell cast sheet: 'value for specialAbilities'
edit3: and do you have any clue why the skill 'concentration is missing' from the character?
Attachments
Pathfinder Spell Manager v2.0.4 - Updated.cmpgn
(1022.37 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

ClanPsi
Kobold

Post by ClanPsi »

I don't really understand what I am supposed to be replacing and/or updating. Do I only have to replace the Spell Manager token and it'll work? If not, is there a way you can repack the latest update with all the other things so we can start from scratch?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

My version for a previous version of the 3.5/Pathfinder does not work with the current release. I don't know what the changes are and until I "upgrade" to the newer FW, I probably won't bother. Good news is, I am playing with a GM who uses the newer one and there was a bug I fixed in that one. So, here's that file. Basically one of the macros was mis-named and one of the related calls after that macro has reversed the parameter order. I added Oracle as one of the caster classes.

If you have a token with spell data on it, you need to run the macro that clears the data. When clearing, it will open the spell manager, but you'll need to close it and then make sure the am.spellManager property at bottom of token properties is blank. Then you can open it with "Spell Menu" macro and select Plothos 3.
Attachments
Libspells3.rptok
(421.79 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”