DOWNLOAD LINK: MT1.3.61_WhisperHandoutsMapMove01.zip UPDATED!
The tools provided here are:
Start Map & Location -- Use the macro: setStartMap to identify a map name and x,y coordinate that will be loaded when the campaign is loaded (or players connect). You can easily get the x,y coordinates by mousing over your desired location and then read them from the MapTool lower right tool bar.
Whisper Frame -- A pop-up a frame that eases sending whispers to multiple players.
Move Tokens to Map -- This provides a mechanism to store way points and then allows the GM to select tokens and move them (and their initiatives) to the desired way point.
[spoiler=Dialog Images]Choosing which map to send the selected tokens too:
Choosing the move-to point:
The result after the move:
GM configuring the move-to points for the campaign. NOTE: If you change field entries then hit any button other than Save, your field changes will be lost.
TeleportPad -- This provides a mechanism to move tokens (and their initiatives) to the map & x,y location of the TeleportPad token. The GM places the TeleportPad token at the desired location and runs the SummonPlayers macro that is on the TeleportPad token. This will send a message to chat that has a link in it. The players then select their token(s) and click the link. This will move their token(s) to the map & x,y coordinates the GM specified. (Thanks DrVesuvius )
Token Handout -- This uses a tokens' images/notes as the data source and sends a link to chat that will pop up a dialog window with the desired info.
[spoiler=Dialog Images]Define what info to send from the selected token:
Choose which players are to receive the token-handout:
A sample token-handout. The handout is the frame in the upper right corner. This was created by selecting the Hero token and choosing to send the token image and the GM Notes from that image:
Global Handout System -- This uses a table to store your handout data, and restricts access at the token level.
[spoiler=Dialog Images]Configuring the Handouts:
Here the GM specifies the various database elements of the handouts.
Granting access to specific handouts
This is a sample handout dialog that the players would see.
If the handout has a background image, then this pre-fetch dialog will be presented before the handout dialog. This is an interim work around to deal with a current MapTools image loading bug.
Sample Handouts Table:
Here you enter the text and images of your handouts. The table name can be changed for added player security. Rich HTML is allowed for the text.
What is required:
- The library token Lib:libLGMUtil must be on ONE map of the campaign, on the Hidden layer and must be "Visible to Players".
- Once added to the campaign file, the file must be saved and reloaded (this loads the user defined functions).
- A table to store handouts is necessary. By default the table name "Handouts" is used, but that is configurable.
- A set of campaign macros are needed (which means the server setting to propagate them is required).
- The TeleportPad token should be placed on each map in your campaign.
- Launch MapTools with a 2M stack size.
- MT1.3.59_WhisperHandoutsMapMove01.cmpgn -- a sample campaign file so you can see the tools in action
- MT1.3.59_WhisperHandoutsMapMove_LibraryToken01.rptok -- The library token. Only one copy is allowed to be in your campaign file, and the token should be on the Hidden layer, have "Visible to Players" checked on (is the default), and must be named exactly: Lib:libLGMUtil
- MT1.3.56_WhisperHandoutsMapMove_CampaignMacros02.mtmacset -- the Campaign Macros (right click on the Campaign Macros window and select "Import Macro Set" and import this set). Alternately you can drag these macros from the library token (I put a copy of them there too).
- MT1.3.56_WhisperHandoutsMapMove_HandoutsTable01.mttable -- A sample handout table. (You can import this one, or create your own table.)
- MT1.3.59_WhisperHandoutsMapMove_LibraryToken01.rptok -- The TeleportPad token.
Once you have added the library token, imported the campaign macros, and imported/created the table, you need to save and then reload your campaign (this runs the OnCampaignLoad macro and adds the user defined functions). When you start your server, you need to select [spoiler=Players receive campaign macros].
Issues with other libraries:
The library token for this toolset defines user defined functions which could be an issue if you already have these functions defined in your framework/campaign file:
Do not use this token with my framework, these tools are built into the framework.
- Start Map -- New functionality.
- MoveTokensToMap & TeleportPad -- Now maintain the tokens initiative from map to map. Also, these move the player's view so they follow their token.
- Whisper Frame now clears the text box after Send.
- MoveTokensToMap -- Now has a "scatter" option that will spread the tokens in a 3x3 grid.
- TeleportPad -- New functionality.