Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

Post by neofax »

The onCampaignLoad macro runs on Campaign Load.

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

neofax wrote:The onCampaignLoad macro runs on Campaign Load.
Hmmm..I am pretty sure the macro is called that when I imported the token. Is there something else that has to be done to make the macro fire at start up?
Hybrid File
LFR Roster
LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

No, you missed the obvious: the name of the token is onCampaignLoad not onTokenImport. ;)

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

Azhrei wrote:No, you missed the obvious: the name of the token is onCampaignLoad not onTokenImport. ;)
That was it! After updating the macroname from CampaignLoad to OnCampaignLoad it seemed to do the trick.
Hybrid File
LFR Roster
LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

Murdah777
Kobold

Post by Murdah777 »

Hey, folks,
I grabbed this some time ago when I was looking for an easier way to move our tokens around to different maps. I tweaked the Lib: token because I wanted a quick way to set a start point based on hidden "Start" pins that I put on my maps to show me where I wanted the PC tokens to land.

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Post by Doc_Waldo »

Who you mind sharing what you do. That sounds like something I could use. Thanks.
--DOC

Zokka
Cave Troll

Post by Zokka »

Regarding the Teleport Pad. When the player(s) click their summons on the chat window, does their view also change to the new location of their token? There are times when I would like to split the party and only have one or a couple of tokens move to a different map coordinate. BTW if this can be achieved another way, then I would be grateful for that info too. Thanks

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Murdah777 wrote:Hey, folks,
I grabbed this some time ago when I was looking for an easier way to move our tokens around to different maps. I tweaked the Lib: token because I wanted a quick way to set a start point based on hidden "Start" pins that I put on my maps to show me where I wanted the PC tokens to land.

I was wondering, but if you use it for that, have you checked out the autoteleport functionality I've build based on jfraziers ontokenmove add-on?

You can find it through my sig. (full overview). With this you don't have any summons any more, you just move your token onto an area and are automatically transported.

Zokka
Cave Troll

Post by Zokka »

Thanks wolph42. That is exactly what I need. My new problem is the usage of this idea on an existing campaign. I have saved the lib Token, I have saved a couple of your teleport pads. I have changed my properties with the stuff you had on yours. And still I cannot get it to work on my campaign. Do you have a quick set of instructions of how to implement this?
Thanks in advance

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I'm doing this from my iPhone so....
IRC you need to copy one of the map macros on the lib token for every map onwhich you want to use the teleporter and rename it to the corresponding mapname. Next you need to add these macros to to the oncampaingload macro and to to ontokenmove handler. It's mostly copy paste andrename stuff. Within the mapmacros you need to update the numbers for the teleporters. Hope this helps.

Zokka
Cave Troll

Post by Zokka »

Okay...I finally worked it out. The real sticking point was that I needed the troll defender token. I wasnt watching the error come up on the chat window so it took me a while to realize this. Anyway thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

If I'm only interested in the Handouts, what should I add?

MarvelMaster
Kobold

Post by MarvelMaster »

First, let me say that this tool is fantastic. Makes my GM life a lot easier.

Lately however, something weird has been happening with the Config-Move To macro. When I change a map and save it, it gives me this error message:

Duplicate Lib:libLGMUtil tokens found.

I notice that the moment I save that a new MT token appears on the map I'm on even though I've already placed it on another map hence the error message. It does save it but it never used to do this. I have to delete that token to move PC tokens normally. Is this an incapatability with version 1.3b80 or is it something on my end? It's only when using the Config-Move To macro that is does this.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Marvel Master
Classic Marvel Superheroes RPG
Evolution of a Hero

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

MarvelMaster wrote:Is this an incapatability with version 1.3b80 or is it something on my end?
It's a bug that's been fixed in the later builds. You can check out the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki to see what was fixed and when.

MarvelMaster
Kobold

Post by MarvelMaster »

Thank you very much! I'm glad it wasn't something on my end.

It would figure that's the version that I need is 1 above the version that I have. This is right after I told my players that we would not be updating to another version for quite some time. Looks like we have at least 1 more update to go. Just not sure If I want to go with the 81 version or up all the way to the 84 version. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again.
Marvel Master
Classic Marvel Superheroes RPG
Evolution of a Hero

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”