Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

travist627
Giant

Re: Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts)

Post by travist627 »

Hey, folks,
I grabbed this some time ago when I was looking for an easier way to move our tokens around to different maps. I tweaked the Lib: token because I wanted a quick way to set a start point based on hidden "Start" pins that I put on my maps to show me where I wanted the PC tokens to land.

My tweak adds a few minor features to the Config Move-To screen, which you can see in the screen cap below. First, I put in a "Go to this map" link, since I wanted a quick way to jump to the maps that I had in the window for quick comparisons. Second, I put in an "EP Token X" button that will add a move-to coordinate for a token that you have selected on the map. For me, this makes setting up start points really easy. I just select my "Start" pin token on the map and click the "EP Token" button. The default name for the created point is the name of the token. Third, I put in a link by the "Add Map" button that will give you the coordinates for the token you have selected on the map. The coordinates will appear in the chat window. This link was my original attempt to make adding coordinates based on tokens easier. I left it in because I do use the coordinates for reference sometimes when I edit an already existing point.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.5 KiB) Viewed 2751 times

I changed the red onCampaignLoad button's name to CampaignLoad, as I have a Lib: token that calls all of the CampaignLoad macros from various other tokens. You will likely want to change that back to "onCampaignLoad" to load the library's functions properly.
Trade Magic: the Gathering cards online!
https://pucatrade.com/invite/gift/59942

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Nice addition!

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

I was hoping someone could help me out with using this utility.

I downloaded the zip file at the beginning of this thread and created a new campaign file and imported the 2 token files, I imported the table, and I imported the campaign macros.

However, when I click on any of the campaign macro buttons, I get one the following error samples:

Undefined function: lgm.handout
Undefined function: lgm.displayWhisperFrame
Undefined function: lgm.handout
Undefined function: lgm.editMapsLocs

I noticed that the lib token is called Lib:libLGMUtil. What is lgm in the above macros referring to? The campaign file that is included in the zip seems to work but I couldn't find where that is referencing the object called lgm.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be doing differently?

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Did you click on the onCampaignLoad macro on the Lib token?
This macro initializes all of the user defined functions that you are getting errors for. Because it runs on campaign load the campaign file works every time:)
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

mfrizzell wrote:Did you click on the onCampaignLoad macro on the Lib token?
This macro initializes all of the user defined functions that you are getting errors for. Because it runs on campaign load the campaign file works every time:)

Indeed I did not..Thanks!
Where/how in maptools do you specify a macro to run on campaign load?
Hybrid File
[spoiler=LFR Roster]LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
[/spoiler]
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

The onCampaignLoad macro runs on Campaign Load.

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

neofax wrote:The onCampaignLoad macro runs on Campaign Load.

Hmmm..I am pretty sure the macro is called that when I imported the token. Is there something else that has to be done to make the macro fire at start up?
Hybrid File
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
[/spoiler]

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

No, you missed the obvious: the name of the token is onCampaignLoad not onTokenImport. ;)

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Post by Zalarian »

Azhrei wrote:No, you missed the obvious: the name of the token is onCampaignLoad not onTokenImport. ;)

That was it! After updating the macroname from CampaignLoad to OnCampaignLoad it seemed to do the trick.
Hybrid File
[/spoiler]

Murdah777
Kobold

Post by Murdah777 »

Hey, folks,
I grabbed this some time ago when I was looking for an easier way to move our tokens around to different maps. I tweaked the Lib: token because I wanted a quick way to set a start point based on hidden "Start" pins that I put on my maps to show me where I wanted the PC tokens to land.

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Post by Doc_Waldo »

Who you mind sharing what you do. That sounds like something I could use. Thanks.
--DOC

Zokka
Cave Troll

Post by Zokka »

Regarding the Teleport Pad. When the player(s) click their summons on the chat window, does their view also change to the new location of their token? There are times when I would like to split the party and only have one or a couple of tokens move to a different map coordinate. BTW if this can be achieved another way, then I would be grateful for that info too. Thanks

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

Murdah777 wrote:Hey, folks,

I was wondering, but if you use it for that, have you checked out the autoteleport functionality I've build based on jfraziers ontokenmove add-on?

You can find it through my sig. (full overview). With this you don't have any summons any more, you just move your token onto an area and are automatically transported.

Zokka
Cave Troll

Post by Zokka »

Thanks wolph42. That is exactly what I need. My new problem is the usage of this idea on an existing campaign. I have saved the lib Token, I have saved a couple of your teleport pads. I have changed my properties with the stuff you had on yours. And still I cannot get it to work on my campaign. Do you have a quick set of instructions of how to implement this?
Thanks in advance

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

I'm doing this from my iPhone so....
IRC you need to copy one of the map macros on the lib token for every map onwhich you want to use the teleporter and rename it to the corresponding mapname. Next you need to add these macros to to the oncampaingload macro and to to ontokenmove handler. It's mostly copy paste andrename stuff. Within the mapmacros you need to update the numbers for the teleporters. Hope this helps.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”