Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

Post by neofax »

Here is the token. I think I found the reason which I do not have the time to fix. I added a SLA which uses strformat and clpowlvl and calc are no longer in the code.
Attachments
Zebulon.rptok
(140.54 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

The whole SLA section seems fairly nuked. I noticed you can't delete the last item in a group and the items don't show up in the cast area anyway (well I haven't been able to figure that out yet). So, I wouldn't bother with SLAs for now, and I don't see a quick fix being done anytime soon.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Updated to 11GV2b

Updates and Fixes:

* Fixed the domain spells error
* Fixed the SLA not showing on the Cast menu
Attachments
Lib_Magic11Gv2b.zip
(415.59 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Time-Zone information UTC -5

thrilled
Kobold

Post by thrilled »

Hmmm I can understand this... maybe you can help me?

When I use a template token OR a new token then assign him 1 lvl PF_Wizard. Then I learn the magic missile spell and prepare it. As soon I use that character to cast the magic missile spell I get this error:

Count option requires a non negative number, got -1.
Statement options (if any): R, c(drr.numRolls, "" )
Statement Body : drr.outArray = json.append( drr.outArray, eval( drr.rollString ) )

I tried to search the web for a solution but couldn't find anything. I also noticed that cure light wounds says I get 1d6 healing instead of 1d8.

Anyone know what I can do?

Best Regards!

/Thrilled

thrilled
Kobold

Post by thrilled »

I should mention that casting other spells like burning hands, enlarge person etc works just as it should.

Also regarding the Cure light wounds issue.. I bet this is pretty easy solved if I can just find a way to edit the wrathgon spell database.

Best Regards!

/Thrilled

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

First, a huge thanks to all the work everyone's done so far. I love this framework and the add-ons that have come with it. With a brief tutorial to my co-players, GMs, and friends, this has sped things up a *LOT*. This is impressive, an I speak for everyone I game with when I reiterate their thanks. It's a phenomenal tool for DMs and PCs alike.

After weeks of milling around, I think I have things almost all worked out for spellcasting, and plan to go through every WotC book and build every listed class and PrC, and possibly fully detail every spell (I have a *LOT* of time between classes this term, and all of my classes are minimally time-consumptive). I'm not great with programming, though I had noticed the databaase typo and fixed it (then downloaded your fixed version; thank you so much for that). Now the only problem I have, is when I try to add spells via the View List, it makes them one lower than they should be. For example, I'm building the Beguiler (PHB II) right now, and accidentally removed Time Stop from the list (I just used the default Wizard list since most of its spells share the list), but when I tried to put it back in, it listed it with the 9th level spells. As I said, I'm no coding expert, but I think the problem is that when I View List, between the "Remove A Spell From This List" link and the beginning of the list of cantrips, there's a random "10" appearing, and I think it's interfering with the placement on the list somehow. I'm further convinced, in that when I try to add a cantrip, I immediately get an error that says:

Error processing "COUNT" option: "[10,"Boogity"] is not a valid number..
Statement options (if any): R, c(maxLvlspell)
Statement Body : lvlnum = listAppend(lvlnum,roll.count)

Anyway, once I get all of those input, I'll happily share whatever tokens are relevant. I enjoy the tediousness of this kind of entry, and having a thorough, comprehensive library for all the odd-ball characters that I and my friends make.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Averien wrote:First, a huge thanks to all the work everyone's done so far. I love this framework and the add-ons that have come with it. With a brief tutorial to my co-players, GMs, and friends, this has sped things up a *LOT*. This is impressive, an I speak for everyone I game with when I reiterate their thanks. It's a phenomenal tool for DMs and PCs alike.

After weeks of milling around, I think I have things almost all worked out for spellcasting, and plan to go through every WotC book and build every listed class and PrC, and possibly fully detail every spell (I have a *LOT* of time between classes this term, and all of my classes are minimally time-consumptive). I'm not great with programming, though I had noticed the databaase typo and fixed it (then downloaded your fixed version; thank you so much for that). Now the only problem I have, is when I try to add spells via the View List, it makes them one lower than they should be. For example, I'm building the Beguiler (PHB II) right now, and accidentally removed Time Stop from the list (I just used the default Wizard list since most of its spells share the list), but when I tried to put it back in, it listed it with the 9th level spells. As I said, I'm no coding expert, but I think the problem is that when I View List, between the "Remove A Spell From This List" link and the beginning of the list of cantrips, there's a random "10" appearing, and I think it's interfering with the placement on the list somehow. I'm further convinced, in that when I try to add a cantrip, I immediately get an error that says:

Anyway, once I get all of those input, I'll happily share whatever tokens are relevant. I enjoy the tediousness of this kind of entry, and having a thorough, comprehensive library for all the odd-ball characters that I and my friends make.
I find it easier to just code the JSON by hand than to use the program to handle it as I have not gone thru and checked the code for the database editing.

I will look into fixing the CLW/CMW/CSW/CCW and the Magic Missile tonight while I am playing.

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

neofax wrote:
Averien wrote:First, a huge thanks to all the work everyone's done so far. I love this framework and the add-ons that have come with it. With a brief tutorial to my co-players, GMs, and friends, this has sped things up a *LOT*. This is impressive, an I speak for everyone I game with when I reiterate their thanks. It's a phenomenal tool for DMs and PCs alike.

I find it easier to just code the JSON by hand than to use the program to handle it as I have not gone thru and checked the code for the database editing.

I will look into fixing the CLW/CMW/CSW/CCW and the Magic Missile tonight while I am playing.
Unfortunately, I don't know the language... at all. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for how to make changes that way. :-(

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

thrilled wrote:Hmmm I can understand this... maybe you can help me?

When I use a template token OR a new token then assign him 1 lvl PF_Wizard. Then I learn the magic missile spell and prepare it. As soon I use that character to cast the magic missile spell I get this error:

Count option requires a non negative number, got -1.
Statement options (if any): R, c(drr.numRolls, "" )
Statement Body : drr.outArray = json.append( drr.outArray, eval( drr.rollString ) )

I tried to search the web for a solution but couldn't find anything. I also noticed that cure light wounds says I get 1d6 healing instead of 1d8.

Anyone know what I can do?

Best Regards!

/Thrilled
Both of these are fixed in my newest update that I will post as soon as I fix the other problem.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Averien wrote: Error processing "COUNT" option: "[10,"Boogity"] is not a valid number..

Unfortunately, I don't know the language... at all. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for how to make changes that way. :-(
OK, can you provide me a detailed explanation of what you did to arrive at this error. The reason being is the error is valid because the program is expecting a number but Boogity was input. Or, if you have the spells in an spreadsheet format, I can turn it into a valid JSON myself for you.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

UPDATE 11Gv2c:

Fixed Magic Missile error.
Added all Pathfinder domains (as of 10-18-2011)
Fixed output
Attachments
Lib_Magic11Gv2c.rptok
(415.47 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

neofax wrote:
Averien wrote: Error processing "COUNT" option: "[10,"Boogity"] is not a valid number..

OK, can you provide me a detailed explanation of what you did to arrive at this error. The reason being is the error is valid because the program is expecting a number but Boogity was input. Or, if you have the spells in an spreadsheet format, I can turn it into a valid JSON myself for you.
Step 1: Click the "Spells" macro from the campaign macros.
Step 2: select the "Modify Database" option (#9)
Step 3: select the "View Current Lists" option.
Step 4: pick any class (in this case, Wizard). This will show the 10 levels of spells (0-9), each in their own section. At the top, there is a floating "10" that seems like a mis-coded after-effect
Step 5: select "Add A Spell to List"
Step 6: fill out the pop-up, selecting a 0 level spell.

After this, the spell you added will appear next to the floating 10 and adding any other spells will be impossible.

Edit: Any spell level other than 0 will be added to the list for one level lower. ie, added a spell at 9th level will group it with 8th level spells, a 6th level will be grouped with 5th level spells, etc... I don't know the code or where it is, but it appears as if the floating "10" was meant to be the number of groups (0-9), and was instead displayed and thereby counted as the first group, so if anything gets added on, it gets stuck there.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Averien wrote:Step 1: Click the "Spells" macro from the campaign macros.
Step 2: select the "Modify Database" option (#9)
Step 3: select the "View Current Lists" option.
Step 4: pick any class (in this case, Wizard). This will show the 10 levels of spells (0-9), each in their own section. At the top, there is a floating "10" that seems like a mis-coded after-effect
Step 5: select "Add A Spell to List"
Step 6: fill out the pop-up, selecting a 0 level spell.

After this, the spell you added will appear next to the floating 10 and adding any other spells will be impossible.

Edit: Any spell level other than 0 will be added to the list for one level lower. ie, added a spell at 9th level will group it with 8th level spells, a 6th level will be grouped with 5th level spells, etc... I don't know the code or where it is, but it appears as if the floating "10" was meant to be the number of groups (0-9), and was instead displayed and thereby counted as the first group, so if anything gets added on, it gets stuck there.
Without looking at the code, my assumption is that the number constitutes place in the array and not the level hence 10 = 9th level and so forth. I will check this out when I get a chance. Like I said before though if you have the information you want for classes, I can build them by hand(not the spell lists as that is way too much, but I bet you can find most OGL spells in character creation sheets like heroforge and I can turn them into a JSON).

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

neofax wrote:Without looking at the code, my assumption is that the number constitutes place in the array and not the level hence 10 = 9th level and so forth. I will check this out when I get a chance. Like I said before though if you have the information you want for classes, I can build them by hand(not the spell lists as that is way too much, but I bet you can find most OGL spells in character creation sheets like heroforge and I can turn them into a JSON).
As I said, I know nothing of Java; I barely have minimal knowledge of Basic. I neither know what a JSON is, nor how to make one. I can build every class by hand with the system as it's set up; the only thing I'm struggling with is the spell list. There are no other numbers-- the other spell levels aren't labeled, they are just separated. The 10 is at the very top of the list (and I would assume does something like what you describe), but then progresses with cantrips below it down to the 9. The problem is that since I don't know this language to the slightest degree, I have no idea where to begin looking for the error.

Really, Wrathgon's system seems to work well for the most part, and it's pretty quick and simple to build classes, especially in the latest framework. There are definitely some bugs to work out, but not many. And while I have some time for building, I'm already getting flooded with information to learn with school or I'd devote the time to learn the language and fix said glitches, but it's just not something that I can do right now.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

OK, updated to fix the problem of adding spells to the database. Let me know if this works as I added a fake class and some spells and it worked fine for me. I didn't stress it too much.
Attachments
Lib_Magic11Gv2d.rptok
(415.59 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”