Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Averien
Kobold

Re: Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

Post by Averien »

Nope, the problem is still there when I try to add a cantrip-- it goes to the "10" row and prevents any further tinkerings. Edit: I also notice that your new class has only 1 level of spells; the problem isn't just "add a spell"... it's getting them in the right spell level. I can add spells, and as long as they aren't cantrips the program doesn't spazz out... they just don't go to the right spell level. 9th get grouped with 8th, 8th get grouped with 7th, 7th get grouped with 6th, 6th get grouped with 5th, 5th get grouped with 4th, 4th get grouped with 3rd, 3rd get grouped with 2nd, 2nd get grouped with 1st, 1st get grouped with cantrips, and cantrips get grouped with that floating "10", and cause everything to break down.
Last edited by Averien on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Send me your Lib:Magic file and I will take a look at it.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

Other than my added class, it's the basic token that was available on this site. And, the same problem exists for Wizard, Cleric, Druid, and all other classes out there that I've tried to modify here.

Edit: I've found another problem with this... while I can (and have now) built the full list for Beguiler (note: cantrips problem still remains, and added spells still appear grouped with spells 1 lower than their real level in the View Current Lists pool), and all that works right, but when I tried casting a spell, I get, "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"."

Am I going to need to master Java to bust through Wrathgon's rewrite to fix this, or is that a fairly simple fix? I don't mean that snarkily; if it's going to be a massive over-haul to fix the problem I'm having, I don't want to seem like I expect someone (or someones) to drop all else and get the problem solved for me. It just looked like a small bug; I just don't know where to look for it. But it's sounding like people aren't even using that function of Wrathgon's program in the first place... I game with people who do a *lot* of custom stuff, and while Herolab is nice, it doesn't have quite the same automation as here, and if I can consolidate to one program, that'd be far preferable. But if I'm asking for things that no one else uses, then I'll suck it up and learn the language at least well enough to fix the bugs that are here now.
Attachments
Lib.Magic 3.5 11GV2.a.rptok
(415.28 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Averien wrote:I've found another problem with this... while I can (and have now) built the full list for Beguiler (note: cantrips problem still remains, and added spells still appear grouped with spells 1 lower than their real level in the View Current Lists pool), and all that works right, but when I tried casting a spell, I get, "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"."
First, this token is version A, which will not work as the fix is in version D. Second this token does not contain any extra classes but the ones that come in the one I posted. I can't debug this without a token with the updated changes. I will try to add the Beguiler and its spells and check on the JSON error.

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

Yeah, I'm not using the one you'd done because when I tried it, it was still broken (ie, adding a cantrip sent it to the 10 row and shorted everything out), and I'd added all the spells to the Beguiler list on the old version. The same problem happens with yours, though, on all classes when a 0 level spell is added-- it goes to the 10 row, and creates the same error.

Error processing "COUNT" option: "[10,"Boogity"]" is not a valid number..
 Statement options (if any): c(maxlvlspell)
 Statement Body : lvlnum=listAppend(lvlnum,roll.count)

I can post yours here again, but the only thing I did to alter yours was add a 0 level spell "boogity" in the classes with orisons/cantrips, and the same problem as before occurred.

And I'm not sure why the token I submitted doesn't have the changes on it... when I check the database, the class and spell list show up just fine.

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

So, I found why the spell library I posted didn't have the info I thought it did; it's still the older version, but if it's absolutely, 100% necessary to use your updated version, I can spend the time to fix it. But, as I said, the latest version posted still had all of the same problems I had before.
Attachments
Edited Library.rptok
(416.03 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Nope, it didn't work. The one I have on my PC does work for adding spells to classes, but I am still working on testing, domain, schools and different class types(arcane v divine, full, half, custom...). I Can post what I have tomorrow, but I think there are bugs in it.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”