Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wrathgon
Dragon

Re: Wrathgon's rewrite of Plothos' Spell Manager

Post by wrathgon »

if you call a magic item the name of the spell, it will pull the info out of the database if you add it. If you setup it as an at will power you can cast fireballs till the cows come home, or set a number of charges.

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

[
Farnesse wrote:I just ran into a problem with SPD. The bard in my campaign leveled so I tried to input the new numbers for SPD. After the entry of the spells per day per level the spell manager asked for a "checkSPD" value. Regardless of input the output is an error:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1 error executing expression Spell=json.get(checkSPD,(roll.count-1))

PS: Is there a workaround for the moment ? Like editing and/or adding a property to the token ?

OK, now that I have a couple seconds to post this, I will. Way back on page 28, I stated there was a problem with SPD's not being set properly. Your response was it was fixed and would be included in the next release. I still see the error with SPD's, but now I also get an error when trying to add Classes to the database. Also, what happened to the properties from 11E? I added all of the spells from the APG and the classes/bloodlines/schools/domains and now we are back to the old info. I can manually hand jam the info for SPD and class's, but I cannot say that is true for everyone. Anyhow, to test my error, I am providing a token as requested.
merry xmas guys, had some time to look at bugs for you, hope your gaming over holiday is fun :)

the above problems are fixed in new update.

I fixed the SPD now so. I also fixed all the adding info, alot of the macros were not checking the switch for PF, so now when you edit and add they will show up. I fixed the bugs i found as well. If you add a new class, NOW you can choose custom spell list and add a new list for that class that can be edited outside the base class list(like wizard) in other DM menu options.
neofax wrote: BTW: I have a cleaned up version of your code, but am having problems getting the "Get Object" macro to work as I am getting a json.get error.
All that does it pass the json object and check to see if has valid classes and other needed values. So before calling parts of a json object like Type passes it to get object so there is no errors, then continues. if there are errors a meaningful msg comes up like no class found or something.

Farnesse
Kobold

Post by Farnesse »

Thanks for updating this.

Is the 11e rptok the new one ? You were at 11g already in the last release?

Is there a chance that you don't have to impersonate the token for casting (like in the old versions) ?

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

yes E is latest.

dont know why you have to impersonate while casting, if someone can tell me why i can fix it ;)

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

BTW if i have missed any bugs posted in the thread then please PM me then, i dont check this thread enough so if no one else posts about a bug PM me so i got a record so its not lost in the thread :)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

SLA does not work. I just tried to create a Scroll of Scare using the newest version and it shows up in the JSON, but it does not show on the frame as a link to cast.
Attachments
Grigori Hanspur.rptok
Token with the info included in the JSON.
(83.46 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Anyone have a version of this that is stable? I keep trying to use it and I have all kinds of issues ranging from lots of bizarre prompts when trying to cast a spell to getting json failures when trying to setup a new token with some classes but not others. (Those are just scratching the surface of the struggles I have had.) I have worked with 11e and 11g and have spent way too much time trying to debug the code.

There are a lot of potentially interesting capabilities with this tool, I have just never had a version that was solid enough to run with (the variant casters in my campaign use this but everyone else is using Plothos' which is less capable but much more stable).

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

wrathgon wrote:yes E is latest.

dont know why you have to impersonate while casting, if someone can tell me why i can fix it ;)
You have to pass the tokenID around from macro to macro and switchToken() to keep the focus current.

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

sorry u are having problems lmarkus001 if you can post the bugs you are getting i looked at it, i know about the prompt problems and will be working on that. I only play once a week and am the only one in group using my manager(rest dont use anything) so i cant find all the bugs myself, post the problems and i try to make some time to look at them.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Ok next time I work with it I will document my issues list and post up!

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Ok I am encountering a repeatable error that is causing me significant headaches.

Create a new token, set it to pathfinder for properties. Then select Spell Menu button while impersonating the new token.

I then auto level it to 11th level bard. I add spell like powers and abilities, to give it the bard template. So far so good.

Then I set spells per day, it gives me level 0 spell numbers, but then when i hit enter I get no further levels of spells. All level 1 through 4 spells are set to 0 per day.

I can get by this by setting the json object spells correctly.

Then I populate all the bards spells and click rest.

At which point I click 7. Cast a Spell/Use a Spell Like Powers, Item or Special Powers.

I get the following error:

Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get".

I also get this on several of my other tokens, not just bard. But this is a repeatable method of getting the error.

PS - Here is the campaign file to assist: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aow/Age+of+Worms+IIIB82.cmpgn

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Encountered another error:

Add spell like ability. Click add, Does not share uses with other powers, Does this power cast a spell, Yes.

Error encountered:
Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal

Both this error and the previous were in B82 for reference.

Tetragramm
Kobold

Post by Tetragramm »

I've got one, using 11e. I can set up the token just fine, but when I try to cast a spell, I get an error. Most spells, those like invisibility and scorching ray, pop up a box prompting "Value for Area." Then I enter a number, or anything else, and I get the Select a target box, but the only option is "None". When I click ok, I get this:

"    Invalid condition in IF(json.contains(tFeatlist,"combat casting")==1) roll option.       Statement options (if any): h, if (json.contains(tFeatlist,"combat casting")==1)       Statement Body : bonus=4;bonus=0"

Now, when I try to do Fireball I don't get something prompting me for Area, and the target box is populated with all the available targets. However, when I select them and click OK, I still get the same error as above.

I'm using the campaign from neofax, I think. It was originally named PFS-FW_Core5-V3.cmpgn So, I hope that is enough info. Oh! And I'm using the newest version of maptools, b82.

Threeshades
Kobold

Post by Threeshades »

Never mind whatever this post said before I edited it. I found out how to create custom spellcasting classes.

However I do wonder what "weave spells" means. :?:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm getting ready to start a new campaign and I've been messing with your lib. First thing I did was get rid of the need for image:fog by putting the image as the handout on the lib token and then doing a find and replace for the appropriate code (~71 replacements).

I have some critter that is a 6th level sorcerer, but casts as a 10th level. I tried creating a new feat called "Increased Caster Level", but there was an error on this line:

Code: Select all

[H: success = input("tfeat|New Feat|TEXT|WIDTH=20")][h:abort(success)]
I added the extra bar before "New Feat"

[H: success = input("tfeat||New Feat|TEXT|WIDTH=20")][h:abort(success)]
It didn't crash and it said
Feat Increased Caster Level added to list! ''
I see that PCFeats now has the feat, but is there no other functionality? Or is that still in dev?

So, what I did instead was change the caster level to 10 and modify the spells per level. I got another error:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1 error executing expression Spell=json.get(checkSPD,(roll.count-1)).
So, I hunted that one down in SPD macro and added 1 line:

<!-- new line - remove this comment -->
[h: checkSPD = json.get(Type,"SPD")]
<!-- new line - remove this comment -->
[h, if (Dnum==1):checkSPD=json.get(Type, "DomSPD")]
[h, if (Snum==1):checkSPD=json.get(Type, "SpecSPD")]
That seemed to do the trick.

I also fixed an html comment in Learn New Domain Spells

<!-- checks prepared spells for any domain spells and removes the D-->
This may not have had any effect on the code though, but it jumped out at me in the editor.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”