Spell Reference D&D 3.5/Pathfinder SRD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Spell Reference D&D 3.5/Pathfinder SRD

Post by aliasmask »

Anyone else having random crashes with b87 and using my spell manager. I just up'd the stack size to 3 (always worked fine with 2 before) to see if it fixes may crashing. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to ask around. I usually get the crash or lockup when the frame pops up.

Jwguy
Kobold

Post by Jwguy »

The Files are no longer available on Gamefront. Could you please use a more reliable host? Perhaps Mediafire?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Anyone else having random crashes with b87 and using my spell manager. I just up'd the stack size to 3 (always worked fine with 2 before) to see if it fixes may crashing. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to ask around. I usually get the crash or lockup when the frame pops up.
Nothing in the log file?

You also might try running it from a command window to see if any messages show up there (I'm thinking maybe a third-party library that doesn't use MT's messaging functions)...

Halifex
Kobold

Post by Halifex »

I cannot download this. The work looks incredibly awesome and useful for me (I am a new Pathfinder DM using Maptools with several casters in my player group). I would love to be able to download this. Currently I am writing up macros for each spell for each character - which is time consuming.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Halifex wrote:I cannot download this.
Gee, that's a shame.

(I'm not sure why you made this statement. There's no question here, no indication of what the error was, no description of what you tried that failed.)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I went ahead and updated the download button in OP. The GameFront file expired because it wasn't being downloaded. This download is also a part of Lindsay's PF/3.5 framework which is probably why it wasn't being downloaded.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

aliasmask, how do you add a spell description for a custom spell added to Plo's latest spell manager?

I added the spell to the spell descriptions table, thinking that would work but it doesn't seem to.

Thanks for any pointers!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It ain't easy which is one of the reason why I haven't worked on this in awhile. Technically, you could just add the info to the SpellDescriptionsPF table (following the format), update line 0 of table to include that spell reference. Then you would do the same to the SpellIndexPF table adding the line number to the correct index list in the correct position (not easy). Technically, you don't "need" to put it in the index if you rewrite how you call the getting function by adding your own references to the new data (again, not easy).

I have rewritten this thing like 3 times not being satisfied with how it was going. I just need to buckle down and just release the basics. It would be exactly the same, but you could add new spells given the json data for import.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

aliasmask wrote:It ain't easy which is one of the reason why I haven't worked on this in awhile. Technically, you could just add the info to the SpellDescriptionsPF table (following the format), update line 0 of table to include that spell reference. Then you would do the same to the SpellIndexPF table adding the line number to the correct index list in the correct position (not easy). Technically, you don't "need" to put it in the index if you rewrite how you call the getting function by adding your own references to the new data (again, not easy).

I have rewritten this thing like 3 times not being satisfied with how it was going. I just need to buckle down and just release the basics. It would be exactly the same, but you could add new spells given the json data for import.
Since it has been so long since anything has been done with this, can you by chance at least write up instructions on how to add new spells and domains?

I understand that you said it's not easy but it would be way easier than trying to learn to write one from scratch.

That and this one is already so good and widely used!

Please oh please oh please

Ulijikaru
Kobold

Post by Ulijikaru »

aliasmask wrote:It ain't easy which is one of the reason why I haven't worked on this in awhile. Technically, you could just add the info to the SpellDescriptionsPF table (following the format), update line 0 of table to include that spell reference. Then you would do the same to the SpellIndexPF table adding the line number to the correct index list in the correct position (not easy). Technically, you don't "need" to put it in the index if you rewrite how you call the getting function by adding your own references to the new data (again, not easy).

I too would be interested/willing to work on this to get a fully detailed spell list, but would need the 'how to' guide to do it. Probably the 'dummy guide' since I'm not sure I understood half of what is quoted. :?

Nildik
Cave Troll

Post by Nildik »

I am trying for this long time ago, try with this steps:
1. open spellDescriptions table
2. add in the first row, at the end of the list, the name of the new spell
3. add to the end of the table a new row, with spell data in json correct format (see the others spells)
4. I'm not sure, but i think than you have to edit spelllistIndex as well
5. If I'm right, you hav to add to the correct line (class spell lists) the index of the new spell (the position in the spelldescriptions table).
6. you have to add the new spell to the class spell list using the spell manager.
7. edit lib:spelldatabase's properties, adding the name of the spell (without spaces and in lowercase) to the end of cleanspellsnames property.
8. reset cache clicking in config library macro located at Lib:Spell_database

Its really hard to do, but I think it works.

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

I get this error after sorting through the pop-up menus and clicking on a spell's name:

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, switch( pageNum_ ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case 0: { [H: iTitle_ = "Index List"] [H: jKeywords_ = glp("SpellIndexKeywords")] [H: iBody_ = json.fields(jKeywords_,"json")] [H: breadcrumLink_ = "Home"] }; case 1
Any idea what could be causing this? I made the token properties and everything and I'm using the preloaded token so I think that means I don't need the tables but I'm not sure. Where are the links for the tables anyhow?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe you still need the tables even with preload (at least the index table). you can download all the tables in the OP by clicking the broken image (since the Gallery is down).

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Well I tried to convert this over to AD&D but alas I have failed. I have converted the SpellDescriptions and SpellListIndex tables all to no avail. I did get them to show the new text when using a 3.5 configuration but they were of course not correct (i.e selecting Acid Arrow gave me the spell description for Abjure). Not sure if what I am attempting to do is possible. Here is what I have done if anyone that understands Aliasmask's fabulous work better than I.
Attachments
SpellListIndex.mttable
2nd edition
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
SpellDescriptions.mttable
2nd edition
(470.21 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

Cazziuz
Kobold

Post by Cazziuz »

Greetings,

I do hope this is the correct place to post this , but i am relatively new to Map tools and everything , but i can understand most of it , at least i think i do. but after following the instructions to place this in my campaign, or even a fresh new campaign, i keep getting this error when i try to use it :

Code: Select all

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
	at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.Collections$3.nextElement(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.htmlframe.HTMLPane.setText(HTMLPane.java:165)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.htmlframe.HTMLPanel$2.run(HTMLPanel.java:92)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:36)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I honestly have no ideal what this means , i am hoping someone here can help me ? i would dearly love to have a means of searching and finding spells in map tools with out havingto flip out and load a website.And thank you all in advance for any and all help in this matter.

-Cazziuz

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”