Plo's Inventory Manager

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

dantarith
Cave Troll

Re: Plo's Inventory Manager

Post by dantarith »

Does anyone know how to edit the databases for the items? I cant even find them. I want to change them for 5e but can't figure this thing out!

dantarith
Cave Troll

Update: Plo's Inventory Manager

Post by dantarith »

dantarith wrote:Does anyone know how to edit the databases for the items? I cant even find them. I want to change them for 5e but can't figure this thing out!
UPDATE: ok it seems there are hidden properties on this token that do not show up on the Edit Properties window. When I use the getPropertyNames function there is a whole huge list. So, my question is how do I edit them or, delete the items and add 5e items to the stored db. Is this even possible or is this project dead?

NEW UPDATE: It was not an issue with hidden properties it was a conflict problem with my framework that was actually corrupting Plo's token. Once I moved it to a clean framework I was able to use getPropertyNames() and then just add them to a clean framework and viola I can see and edit them.

Now the long process of removing all the 4e stuff and adding all the items for 5e not to mention changing the macros to reflect 5e. To bad Plo's not about to update it LOL.

By chance has anyone else modified this already???
Last edited by dantarith on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I haven't looked at the code, but he probably has some kind of initialization macro that writes the data to the token. I would look for that. As for how it's referenced, you'll have to go throw the code for that. You should write some debugging tools to help you sort through the data as it's running.

I made really simple watch and pause functions here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 04#p249452

Dasonicboom
Kobold

Post by Dasonicboom »

I have installed the inventory tool correctly (I think..., I'm new to this)

Opening inventory and adding items works fine, but I get an error when trying to interact with the coin purse, among other things.
I think this is due to the token lacking the Coinpurse property, but I'm not sure what to add for it, I have added it but with no default value as I am unsure whether it is an integer, string etc.

Can someone please advise me to what properties I should have?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

In the Pathfinder/D&D35 Framework I use the following token property for coinpurse:

Code: Select all

Coinpurse:{"Denomdata":{"Denom0":"Copper Pieces","Shortden0":"CP","Value0":1,"Valreport0":"1 CP = 1 CP","Weight0":0.02,"Denom1":"Silver Pieces","Shortden1":"SP","Value1":10,"Valreport1":"1 SP = 10 CP","Weight1":0.02,"Denom2":"Gold Pieces","Shortden2":"GP","Value2":100,"Valreport2":"1 GP = 100 CP","Weight2":0.02,"Denom3":"Platinum Pieces","Shortden3":"PP","Value3":1000,"Valreport3":"1 PP = 1000 CP","Weight3":0.02},"Showparty":"Open","Personal":{"Copper Pieces":0,"Silver Pieces":0,"Gold Pieces":0,"Platinum Pieces":0},"Party":{"Copper Pieces":0,"Silver Pieces":0,"Gold Pieces":0,"Platinum Pieces":0},"Countpartyweight":0,"Countweight":1}
Coinpurse

Code: Select all

{
    "Denomdata":     {
        "Denom0": "Copper Pieces",
        "Shortden0": "CP",
        "Value0": 1,
        "Valreport0": "1 CP = 1 CP",
        "Weight0": 0.02,
        "Denom1": "Silver Pieces",
        "Shortden1": "SP",
        "Value1": 10,
        "Valreport1": "1 SP = 10 CP",
        "Weight1": 0.02,
        "Denom2": "Gold Pieces",
        "Shortden2": "GP",
        "Value2": 100,
        "Valreport2": "1 GP = 100 CP",
        "Weight2": 0.02,
        "Denom3": "Platinum Pieces",
        "Shortden3": "PP",
        "Value3": 1000,
        "Valreport3": "1 PP = 1000 CP",
        "Weight3": 0.02
    },
    "Showparty": "Open",
    "Personal":     {
        "Copper Pieces": 0,
        "Silver Pieces": 0,
        "Gold Pieces": 0,
        "Platinum Pieces": 0
    },
    "Party":     {
        "Copper Pieces": 0,
        "Silver Pieces": 0,
        "Gold Pieces": 0,
        "Platinum Pieces": 0
    },
    "Countpartyweight": 0,
    "Countweight": 1
}

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

Here is my updated version of Plo's Inventory Manager..(Maptools 1.4.0.5)VERS 2.0

FIXES:
modifying items
adding new items to database
item stacking

UPDATES:
Player inventory
Looting
Market System(including mounts)

NOTES:
if token doesn't have item/enough money = won't do action.
If targets inventory is empty, will prompt again for item name.
set lootable items to lootable, add items/gold to its inventory.
looting dead bodies will give bodies inventory/gold.
be within 10 feet of merchant.
set merchants to merchant state/merchant property to desired sales-
armor
goods
weapons
ammo
special
tools
mounts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srfkupy6uhwgw ... cmpgn?dl=0

busterbluth
Cave Troll

Post by busterbluth »

Has this been updated at all within the past few years? I've been working on a simple set of macros where players can manipulate the items stored on their tokens. It's slow going!

At present, I maintain the PCs' inventory on an Excel tool I built years ago and then port that raw data into Maptool. Then the players can view their items via a macro and tell me what they're using & how. This setup works very well, but I"m tired of being in the record-keeping business. I want the players to maintain their stuff and figure out how & where to store their loot.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”