Plo's Inventory Manager

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Guy Dude
Giant

Re: Plo's Inventory Manager

Post by Guy Dude »

wait a sec do I even need image tokens to use asset:// or can it pull them straight from my library?

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

If you have the image id, you can, but I don't think it's as dependable. I belief different installations of MT will have different ids for the same image, if they even have the image. It's better to fetch the image id via the token. That way you always know it'll get found.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can just use a table that has all your images. The get the assetId with Wiki: tblImage(). I wouldn't use a token to store images or use image:tokens. Also, getting from a table is lightning fast.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Yeah, only trick is making sure whoever uses it knows (how) to import the tables. Not that it's hard, but many don't know about it, while tokens are intuitive as all get-out.

That said, people should learn about tables, so becomest thou a pedagogue. :)
Drop-In Utilities:
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

aliasmask wrote:You can just use a table that has all your images. The get the assetId with Wiki: tblImage(). I wouldn't use a token to store images or use image:tokens. Also, getting from a table is lightning fast.
Tables are objectively superior to using image tokens?

may have to check them out

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

plothos wrote:If you have the image id, you can, but I don't think it's as dependable. I belief different installations of MT will have different ids for the same image, if they even have the image. It's better to fetch the image id via the token. That way you always know it'll get found.
The asset id should be the same from one instance of MapTool to another, or from one machine to another. The asset id is really just the MD5 128-bit checksum of the image itself, so unless the image content changes the id will be the same (for example, the image being loaded into a paint program and saved back out again will likely change the checksum, particularly with JPEGs which are lossy).

Token ids should stay the same once they are created. They are essentially random numbers that are based on a timestamp but are guaranteed to be unique within the campaign. This "globally unique id" (or just GUID) is saved with the token when the token is saved, and will be used by default when the token is read back in. However, if the GUID is already in use when a saved token is loaded, a new one will be created for it.

Hence, asset ids are "more permanent" and token ids are "less permanent". (If there is such a thing as "degrees of permanence". :))

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

...?

So does this mean I can just link from the library after all?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You don't need to save the actual id, just the reference to the id. So, if I save the image I want in 1 of table images I would get the assetId by reference:

Code: Select all

[H: assetId = tblImage("images",1)]

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Two stupid questions.

1) how do I get the whole party to share the same party wealth?
2) Is there any way to copy the coin purse denoms to other tokens? I could do it one by one but that would result in me doing it again and again and again. If there is a shortcut I would love to know.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

1) There isn't, really, unless you designate one player or a perhaps a chest or donkey icon to serve as the party wealth receptacle and give all players ownership.
2) Copy the token property "Coinpurse" to the other tokens (iirc, it's been a while) - you can also set a default token prop with the right setup for your campaign.
Drop-In Utilities:

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

I would like to remove the redundancy/spam involved with transferring items. How do I edit the Give Item macro so that it automatically accepts the transfer without sending a confirmation to chat?

as best i could manage was changing linktarget to 'gm' so that it wouldnt spam my players

I already fixed Receive Item how I wanted by replacing the plo.specOutput lines with a simple:

Code: Select all

<b><i>[recipientid] has received [itemname]x[giveqty] from [giverid].</i></b>

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

That'd take some work. The whole process should be contained in the give item macro (don't recall what I called it though :()
It'll require a good bit of recoding, and if I'm following you it will allow players to mess with other players' inventories. You sure that's a good idea?
Drop-In Utilities:

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

1. I trust my players
2. The menu where you select the recipient is involved enough that its unlikely for anyone to make a mistake with it.
3. It still posts the results to my chat

Less clicks is always a good idea.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Has anyone modified the base library items to be Pathfinder (or D&D 3.5) compatible? I am just asking before I spend energy on it...

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

The original is 3.5
I added the 4e later without changing anything else.
Drop-In Utilities:

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”