OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.10.0 [Event Pads]

Post by lonewolf147 »

I'm not familiar with that shortcut, what is it? I am gaming this afternoon and we can give it a try. Who hits it, the DM or the player?
Image Image

Get 2GB of free online storage with Dropbox! http://db.tt/qC8oAm2C The easiest way to share files between all your computers and smartphones as well as your friends!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lonewolf147 wrote:Hey Wolph, a little thing that bugs me, when using teleport/interpads. I've got my campaign set to auto refresh players vision when they move (rather than having to press Ctrl-I or having the DM refresh it). When a token is teleported to an area that still has fog, the vision is blacked out and the player loses focus on their token. Since it is black they can't see it to select it and update their vision.

Is it possible to have a token maintain focus and auto-refresh their vision (if it is set that way in the campaign prefs?)
Players only loose focus when they teleport between maps and there is nothing that I can do about that. What I can do and have done is expose the area after a teleport. You can redownload the file from the OP.

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

Many thanks as always!
Image Image

Get 2GB of free online storage with Dropbox! http://db.tt/qC8oAm2C The easiest way to share files between all your computers and smartphones as well as your friends!

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

So I'm messin' with the vision limiter. Love how it's reducing the vision in the foggy areas I have. But, I'm curious if there's a way to adapt it to work with different types of vision. The problem I'm having is when a token has Darkvision. Since they aren't carrying a light source, as soon as they enter the event area and their sight is changed to Limited, they loose their 'personal' light source that comes with darkvision. I wonder if there is a way to distinguish between sight types or not? Right now when they enter the area, we're having to turn on a light source for them, but this would affect others with lowlight and normal vision.
Image Image

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Yes, but you will need to code that yourself as its very FW dePendent. The vision limit or in the BoT is an example of how to accomplish this. If you want to further refine its workings or cOmpletely change it you'll need to do that yourself as it will depend on you own campaign properties.

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

Gotcha!
Image Image

Phlod
Kobold

Post by Phlod »

Am I doing something wrong? When I Drag&Drop the Wolph42 - Bag of Tricks.rptok file onto my campaign, I just get the Token Move lib. When I run onCampaignLoad it asks for lib:EventMacros.
When I load up the Bag of Tricks .campaign file, I see 3 icons. Am I doing something wrong, or not understanding where those other 2 should come from? So far, this hasn't been nearly as 'Drop-In' as I had hoped, but I remain hopeful.

Thanks in advance,

--Phlod

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

The events lib token is in the zip file also I the OP. download extract and drag it also in your campaign.

The extra lib is a trade off. It's less drop in however it's now easier to update as the settings are stored on the lib event tokens. So when you update the henceforth you only need the ontolenmove.

Phlod
Kobold

Post by Phlod »

wolph42 wrote:The events lib token is in the zip file also I the OP. download extract and drag it also in your campaign.

The extra lib is a trade off. It's less drop in however it's now easier to update as the settings are stored on the lib event tokens. So when you update the henceforth you only need the ontolenmove.
Thank you so much! I had DL'd the .zip file, but I just didn't see the file I needed in with the rest of the files. I love the Bag of Tricks so far.

Huung
Kobold

Post by Huung »

Hey Wolph, firstly, thank you for the awesome drop-ins - they've made my first MapTool experience a much easier one.
I do however have an issue...

I can place a single trap (EventPad) in a level just fine, but when I place a second, and run the 'Initialise Pads' macro, it tells me I've doubled up on traps (ie. 2x EventPad 1, 2x EventPad 2). It also then tells me the teleport pads I have in place have doubled up also.
If I then move onto my initial trap, I get a doubled up effect from it, and the same happens with the second. If I delete the second trap, everything goes back to normal.

I tried recreating the errors on the campaign you provided, and lo and behold, it works just fine. I'm fine with exporting my map and starting the campaign over, but I was wondering if you knew of any particular reason it might be throwing up those errors in the first place?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Edit: rephrased my earlier mumbling:

first off: not sure whether this is the case, but it looks like that you have Pads with equal names this will break. Actually having any (active) tokens on the map with identical names (eg. two PC tokens both called 'Tim') will likely break the Bag of tricks. The fact however that you created this in the original campaign file and it worked, makes me believe that this is not the issue.

So if that is indeed not the issue, then I have no clue and will therefore need the campaign file. You can attach it to you post or when its too big you can drop it in the public section of dropbox and drop the link here.

Huung
Kobold

Post by Huung »

Probably me phrasing it badly, but I meant that when I tried it in your campaign file, I couldn't recreate the error.

I played around with it some more last night, and just exported my map and lib:EventMacros into a brand new campaign, and no more error now.
I'm wondering if I had a doubled up lib token somewhere which could have been causing it (although I would have thought the onCampaignLoad would have picked up on that).

I did have multiple PCs with the same name across the campaign, but not on the same map, but I thought that might have been the issue and deleted the additional ones. That didn't fix it. Definitely didn't have pads with the same name though (it would find "EventPad: 1,1,2,2" or any random combination of numbers I used, for just two pads).

Still, whatever the issue was, it seems to be gone now. I guess I should have tried the "if all else fails, start again" method sooner. Thanks for the help though, and I think I might still have a backup of the broken campaign around somewhere if you want to pull it apart for test purposes.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Just downloaded the drop in and dropped all three Lib on the map. Dropped a padstart 1 and a padend 1 as well as a padjump 1 and a paddrop 1. I've initialized the pads, done the on campaign load and set the settings. Nothing happens when I move a token over the pads. Not even an error message. I received no errors from the initialization. Any thoughts as to what I might have missed?

I also downloaded your campaign file and it worked just fine after initialization.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”