OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

it appears that you have not created a state 'invisible', but than again, I also don't see it in my quick install sheet and not among the core png files, so my bad!

Anyway: create the state 'invisible' for that campaign file and it should work.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

wolph42 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 am
it appears that you have not created a state 'invisible', but than again, I also don't see it in my quick install sheet and not among the core png files, so my bad!

Anyway: create the state 'invisible' for that campaign file and it should work.
Thank you for the reply. Rather new to playing with the macros. How do I do that? If I look under the states tab in campaign properties, I find the invisible condition. Do I need to modify that somehow, or do something different?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hmm... That should work. Can you share your campaign with instructions how to replicate? Probably best to share it through eg dropbox

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I should have paid better attention to your initial post...I just checked and the first thing I noticed was:

CODE Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("InvisibleMove@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): tok ] }; {}

this is not a BoT issue. Its a pathfinder campaign issue, so you possibly need to address this in a different forum section

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Lol. Thank you for taking the time to investigate this. I will take this to the PF forum.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Please forgive my ignorance as I know next to nothing about coding. Why dose selecting invisible in BOT setting compleatly stop ShadowPads from working and give a different error from the one looking for the 3.5/pathfinder lib? The error is as follows

Invalid condition in IF(isNPC(tok) && getState("Invisible",tok)) roll option.       Statement options (if any): H, IF(isNPC(tok) && getState("Invisible",tok)), CODE       Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("InvisibleMove@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): tok ] }; {}

with it not selected I get the diolog box asking for tok value and the error in chat with the lib:DnD35Pathfinder in it, but it dose work.

If I turn on invisibility in BOT's ShadowPads DO NOT work at all and I get another error without the pathfinder reference. The error is as follows.

Invalid condition in IF(getState(invisState, meTok)) roll option.       Statement options (if any): h,if(getState(invisState, meTok)), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [seeingToks = getTokenNames("json", json.set("{}","setStates", json.append("", seeInvisState)))] [purgingToks = getTokenNames(

Are these two errors related? Or is one trying to use pathfinder to do invisibility and getting an error, and the other is using BOT and getting a different error?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

the short answer: I don't know.

Bit longer: you might have stumbled on an obscure error where two libs (macro sets) bite eachother. This should not really happen, but apparently it does. This takes a bit more time to delve into, perhaps i can have a look this weekend.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Been a while, so it took me some while to figure this out...but...I think you haven't seen this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXV32ru ... e=youtu.be
it explains why you have the issue.

that AND there were a couple of bug in shadow pad, hope i fixed them in the latest release

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

nemafow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 am
Hi ya wolph, love your bag of tricks! I use it in both a Shadowrun & and a Runequest/homebrew game that I use a 2nd screen locally at the table instead of a battlemap to show my players the scene, npcs and when appropriate - play out combat.

Recently my 'clear fog of war after every movement' stopped working. I'm sure I have done this by accident myself and not as a result of a bug or error in bag of tricks.

Can you please let me know what areas I can check to see where the fault lies?

I have the 'restore FOW' box ticked under settings/toggles
Token move and event macros files are still on the BASE map

Unsure of anything else I can check?
woefully late reply, but it seems that its an MT bug: exposePCOnlyArea has stopped working. Which the bot uses.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43h [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

after a year or so... NEW VERSION IS UP:
- Fixed door VBL compatibility for later versions of MT.<br>
- Fixed issue with Nildiks room descriptor.<br>
- applied Derfs' fix for door lever proximity
- fixed feet when moving through vbl
- fixed shadowpads

not much, but at least things are working again :D

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Here's the fix I came up with. Wolph you may want to change to something more inline with your code. tok was undefined and doing a call to bot_doShadowPad when those are on the map.

Code: Select all

[h:'<!----------------------------- ShadowPad -------------------------------->']
[h:eventPadTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)]
[h: tok = currentToken()]
[h,if(!json.isEmpty(eventPadTriggered)), CODE:{
	[event	= 	bot_getEventType()]
	[bot_doShadowPad(tok, event, padName)]
}]

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:57 am
Here's the fix I came up with. Wolph you may want to change to something more inline with your code. tok was undefined and doing a call to bot_doShadowPad when those are on the map.

[h:'<!----------------------------- ShadowPad -------------------------------->']
[h:eventPadTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)]
[h: tok = currentToken()]
[h,if(!json.isEmpty(eventPadTriggered)), CODE:{
	[event	= 	bot_getEventType()]
	[bot_doShadowPad(tok, event, padName)]
}]
thnx! I've added a fix to the bot for that as well. the 'correct' fix though was:

[h: tok = getName(currentToken())]
added it to version 43h, so if you downloaded it before this post, download it again :D

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Thank you both Wolf42 and aliasmask for working on this. I downloaded on token move version H today from page 1 of this forum and replaced version G on the Base map. saved and reloaded campaign. I am getting the same error. Did I miss a step? Do I not have the right version of version H? How do I verify the new code is in MY version H?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, I'm getting a different error now related to this macro:

@@ @InterPadBorder
@PROPS@ fontColor=black ; autoExecute=true ; fontSize=1.00em ; sortBy=9 ; color=default ; playerEditable=false ; applyToSelected=false ; group=3. Pad Macros ; tooltip= ; minWidth=90
[h:'<!-- ---------------------------------------- InterPadBorder ------------------------------------------------->']
[h:teleporterTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)]
[h,if(!json.isEmpty(teleporterTriggered)), CODE:{
	[bot_mapTeleport(strPropFromVars("tok, padName, doAbort, eventMacroPreInterTeleport, eventMacroPostInterTeleport,doScaleTeleport,doSwitchInterMap", "UNSUFFIXED"))]
}; {}]

!!
Where tok is not defined. Not really sure how wolph wants this done in this case.

A super generic and hacky fix is to add "tok" to the end of your token properties for pathfinder. The token will save the last token assigned which is usually the one you're moving. Btw, the first fix was for generic movement with a shadowpad on the map. This is executed when moving over a shadow pad.

Actually error code:

2019-10-12 15:08:30.163 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  '<!-- ---------------------------------------- InterPadBorder ------------------------------------------------->'
2019-10-12 15:08:30.164 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  teleporterTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)
2019-10-12 15:08:30.166 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  if(!json.isEmpty(teleporterTriggered), 1, 0)
2019-10-12 15:08:30.167 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  bot_mapTeleport(strPropFromVars("tok, padName, doAbort, eventMacroPreInterTeleport, eventMacroPostInterTeleport,doScaleTeleport,doSwitchInterMap", "UNSUFFIXED"))
2019-10-12 15:08:38.268 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser - net.rptools.parser.ParserException: Unresolved value "tok".
PS - I re-downloaded your campaign file to retest change and apparently you updated it to include "ShadowPad 1 Ground" which wasn't there before. I only mention this because I was confused as to why I didn't see this error before.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”