OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43h [EMBARKATION]

Post by jkthomsen9 »

aliasmask wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:15 pm
Yeah, I'm getting a different error now related to this macro:

Code: Select all

@@ @InterPadBorder
@PROPS@ fontColor=black ; autoExecute=true ; fontSize=1.00em ; sortBy=9 ; color=default ; playerEditable=false ; applyToSelected=false ; group=3. Pad Macros ; tooltip= ; minWidth=90
[h:'<!-- ---------------------------------------- InterPadBorder ------------------------------------------------->']
[h:teleporterTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)]
[h,if(!json.isEmpty(teleporterTriggered)), CODE:{
	[bot_mapTeleport(strPropFromVars("tok, padName, doAbort, eventMacroPreInterTeleport, eventMacroPostInterTeleport,doScaleTeleport,doSwitchInterMap", "UNSUFFIXED"))]
}; {}]

!!
Where tok is not defined. Not really sure how wolph wants this done in this case.

A super generic and hacky fix is to add "tok" to the end of your token properties for pathfinder. The token will save the last token assigned which is usually the one you're moving. Btw, the first fix was for generic movement with a shadowpad on the map. This is executed when moving over a shadow pad.

Actually error code:

Code: Select all

2019-10-12 15:08:30.163 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  '<!-- ---------------------------------------- InterPadBorder ------------------------------------------------->'
2019-10-12 15:08:30.164 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  teleporterTriggered = movedOverToken(padName,lastPath)
2019-10-12 15:08:30.166 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  if(!json.isEmpty(teleporterTriggered), 1, 0)
2019-10-12 15:08:30.167 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser -  bot_mapTeleport(strPropFromVars("tok, padName, doAbort, eventMacroPreInterTeleport, eventMacroPostInterTeleport,doScaleTeleport,doSwitchInterMap", "UNSUFFIXED"))
2019-10-12 15:08:38.268 DEBUG net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolLineParser - net.rptools.parser.ParserException: Unresolved value "tok".
PS - I re-downloaded your campaign file to retest change and apparently you updated it to include "ShadowPad 1 Ground" which wasn't there before. I only mention this because I was confused as to why I didn't see this error before.
Huh I am not getting that error. "ShadowPad 1 Floor, and ShadowPad 1 Ground" were both there to begin with, as both are needed with the reference tokens with a suffix of floor and ground.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

wolph42 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Bugger. Hopefully tomorrow I have some time. Thnx for reporting!!
Thank you

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

So having a couple issues with MP 1.5.6 and BOT 43h. This is my second attempted to learn these killer tools. After watching several videos, I got doors working great except two issues.

First the switches that are created only work on the first door setup on the map. Found an easy fix for this, change the name of the token.

Second is the one I can't figure out. If I place a door horizontal (--) VBL works great, learn to keep my VBL away from the actual door VBL. Now if I place a door in a vertical position (|) when the door opens it won't remove the door VBL when it opens up, it removes part of it but most of it stays. I have tried to remove all VBL around the area then run the Set Door macro do all the settings with no luck. I even tried to make a image with the door in that position but that didn't work since the info tells you that right off the bat. Everything I tried when the VBL was vertical it failed to remove it.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@jkt: as it turned out, they day filled up nicely yesterday with public transport hating me, so hadn't have the time to look at it.

@Bearfather:
- door VBL: that stuff is outdated, its quite likely you're doing something wrong, the next possibility is that a new bug introduced itself due to compatibility issues with the new version of MT, but both points are mute as there's now the 'yellow vbl'. That is native vbl for the door which works much better. So my advice: use the BoT door macros without the VBL setting and apply the yellow vbl to the door!
- lever: in case this was not obvious ALL TOKENS MUS THAVE A UNIQUE NAME!!! and with 'all' I really mean all of them, maps, objects, pcs, npcs, etc. if it doesnt it breaks!! That said, now if they DID all have unique names and you encountered this issue which resolved when changing a name, then I would like to know what you did as thats quite peculiar.

@AM: it looks like 'tok' was a 'global' varialbe and that broke somewhere along the way, this stuff is quite core to MT (which means I build that structure 5 years ago or such) so it appears that an incompatibility issue introduced itself in MT with the new version(s)

edit: just tested door VBL both horizontal and vertical: they both work! (MT 1.5.6; latest version of BoT)

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

I'm 100% certain I'm doing something wrong. I have not yet heard of yellow VBL, but will look into this. I'm very rusty with MT haven't updated since 1.3.

For the levers I'm at work so hard to do exact steps on how I created the doors. But here are my rough steps.
I drag a token to object layer, name it door# (# be the next number of doors in the line).
Highlight the door and click set door.
Choose the options I want and check create lever.
At this point I have my door and a lever, but when the lever is activated it switches my first door. I then rename this token from "currentname" "currentname#" (# same as I used for the door). And works fine.

Now that I have typed this all out I think the issue might be the first door I created was "door 1" and not "door1". But the rest of the doors I have made are door#, with no space.

Thanks for the quick reply, and once again I'm 100% sure I doing things wrong.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

No worries Wolf42. I am well aware of how often life gets in the way of the things we would rather be doing. I have no desire to put any pressure on you to fix something NOW!! that is free. I appreciate your diligence.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok as it turns out, AM made a mistake while testing, so the shadowPads work fine and there's not issue with borderpads. So i'm gonna scratch that unless someone comes with a new report

as for the levers... it really doesn't matter whether you use 'door1' or 'door 1', I usually use 'door 1', however I would suggest that you run 'diagnose' once over your campaign and see what it delivers.

What I did to test:
-I downloaded bogies doors and windows.
-dragged a door onto the map and renamed it: 'door'
-copy pasted that door so it gets the right number, in this case there were 9 doors already so the door was called 'door 10'
- then deleted the original 'door' token.
-then I 'set door' for 'door 10' and two others (11 and 12), one was a copy pasted BEFORE I set door 10 the other was a copy pasted AFTER i set door 10.
-All three worked as expected...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Not sure what you mean. I'm using the guys map and the problem still exists. I have updated to your latest onTokenMove token as well.
Attachments
maptool.log
(47.41 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

hmm appears to be a miscom between us, I reported the eval() issue on discord as a result of interpadborder that you mentioned here, and on discord you said to forget it because you figured out what you did wrong. Apparently these two things are unrelated for you...but not for me.

So if I understand correctly, they mummy map still throws errors with shadowpad, even after update? That could be correct because its not setup correctly in the settings. IF however you're saying that the interpad issue ALSO is still there, then I like to know; specifically HOW to recreate it, cause I can't find that issue

edit: oh and yes the ORIGINAL problem still persists but thats an error not thrown by the BoT but by lib35dnd. And indeed if I (only) turn on 'invisibility' in the bot settings then yes it will throw an error as the corresponding states have not been created nor defined in the settings....

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

You are correct. I still have a problem with ShadowPads. I never had a problem with InterPads. I have updated to H. I may or may not have something wrong in my settings. If there is something to do in settings I am ignorant of it.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Yes. I followed it step by step as I had no idea of how they worked, or that it was even a feature until I watched your video. What I meant by not knowing for sure my settings are correct is that I am not sure what all the settings do. For instance there is a box you can check in BOT settings labeled invisible. I currently have it unchecked and ShadowPads sorta work but throw and error message with each token move. If I check it, ShadowPads do not work at all, so I have left it unchecked. I do not know what that setting does, nor if the box is "supposed" to be checked or not. So in short I am saying I can not rule out user error, as I am ignorant to what the settings are supposed to be or what the error is telling me is the problem. All I know is that the software is telling me there is a problem.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

gotcha. invisibility has nothing to do with shadowpads. invisibility has to do with well...invisibility, there's a tutorial on that subject as well: https://youtu.be/iXV32ruh9ro .
So having it turned off, should prevent errors.

now what im curious about is the error you get when its turned off, i've checked your campaign file and the only error I get has to do with lib:dnd3.5, which is NOT BoT material.

So if you get a different error, perhaps you can reshare the campaign file and again point out the steps you take to duplicate the error. I'l have another look.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Well crap. My campaign currently has 53 maps. I have put ShadowPads on only two of them. Those are the only maps I get an error on and only if I move a token within the ShadowPad area. I agree that the error says it is looking at the 3.5 lib. There is defiantly something going on between BOT and 3.5 lib.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”