OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43h [EMBARKATION]

Post by jkthomsen9 »

OK. I think I figured it out. I downloaded the pathfinder/3.5 framework which had BOT with it, several months ago. As BOT and pathfinder framework improved I missed the point that I needed to manually add states like invisibility, invisibility_see, invisibility_purge, and invisibility_annul. I just downloaded the BOT campaign file and you have a lot of tokens on the base map I do not have, and several states that I do not have.

That said I have 53 maps for my campaign and the party has gone through about 15 of them. What is the easiest way for me to get a full installation of BOT on a pathfinder framework, with all my maps?

Edit: The newest version of the pathfinder/3.5 framework I can find is "MT1.3.91.08.01_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn". It comes with BOT, but it must be a light version as it is missing tokens and states. It is version 40b.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

updating the BoT is easy: replace the lib:ontokenmove for the new one! Save the campaign file and (re)load it.

when the campaign is loaded you get an overview of all the stuff that's missing, which in your case is nothing. Hence your all good...right?

Apparently not, and I get your confusion: whats up with the invisibility. The point is that the BoT should be as agnostic as possible and a LOT of campaign already have a version of: 'invisible', 'unseen', 'invisibility', 'concealed', so if I choose one in the bot I'm forcing all campaign files to that wording. I wanted to prevent that so I chose to leave it open. That however creates a bit of a hassle as now you have to think of it yourself.

But this is the reason why you can't find the images, nor the states in the setup manual, nor among the .zip file. Basically you can create any state you like using any image you like, as long as the 4 in the settins EXACTLY correspond with the states you create (including capital letters).

Now the 'fun' part is, that these 'settings' are stored on lib:eventmacros, so when you update the BoT by exchanging lib:ontokenmove you keep your previous settings!!

So in short: replace lib:ontokenmove with the latest version (43h) and IF you wnat to use invisibility function THEN create those 4 states!

ONe last things though: does that mean that shadow pads are now working?

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

We are getting closer...i think?? I am now getting two new errors.

First, if I move a token onto the ShadowPad.......
Error executing "getOwners": the token name or id "Forgotten Pharaoh Cultist 12 shadow" is unknown.

Second, if I move the token off the ShadowPad.......
   Invalid condition in IF(getProperty("w42.bot.doNotDelete", tok) == 1) roll option.       Statement options (if any): if(getProperty("w42.bot.doNotDelete", tok) == 1), CODE       Statement Body : { [moveToken(getProperty("w42.bot.x", tok), getProperty("w42.bot.y", tok), 1, tok)] };{ [removeToken(tok)] }

The name of the token on the first error is rarely if ever the same name as the shadow token it can not find. For instance the token I moved on and off the ShadowPad to get the errors above was "Lamia 2".

On a different note: I created the four states for Invisibility, but could not find the images you used. I used another image, but the image does not make as much sense as the ones you used.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

could you share that campaign file and instructions how to replicate the issue?

as for the images, i can have a look to see if I still have m around, but there not vitally important...

edit: reload the .zip file with the tokens, you'll find the invisibility images among them in the CORE directory.

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

PM sent with link

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

k, had a quick look, I couldnt'find any reference tokens for the shadowpads, did you create and set these?

I did, but that didn't resolve the issue, so something else is going on as well, I haven't figured out what that is yet...

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Yes. They are barrel's on the object layer. I have the opacity set to zero.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

jkthomsen9 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:06 pm
Yes. They are barrel's on the object layer. I have the opacity set to zero.
ah yes, found them!

it appears btw that the shadow part of the token on shadowpad entry is not created (and thus renders an error when leaving the area and the tool wants to delete the never-created-shadow-token), question now is why. Now I recall that copyToken() had been remodelled in the latest version so im gonna do some tests in that area and let you know.

edit: ok completed step one: created new map in the current BoT campaign file, new tokens new pads, etc. rebuild the shadowpad setup: everything works!!
Next step is doing the same in your campaign file...

Edit. Got it also working on your campaign. Have a good idea what's going wrong

Edit: yup got it on the other maps working as well

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Very cool. Thank you Wolph42. Is this something I fix on my end or is this going to be in version I? Or is this unique to my campaign?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43i [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

ok created a fix for your issue. That stuff I created is insanely complex, I wanted to go for a more durable solution (in situ fix) but that would dragged everything down, so I went for a 'only fix it when its broken': (after you updated the lib:ontokenmove) just do the 'set reference' again and it will be fixed.

Unfortunately...while testing on you map I encountered another bug, in some cases not the right coords are returned creating a shadow token in the wrong spot... problem only is is that I have to cook with this spaghetti:

Code: Select all

[h:'<!-- ----------------------------------- bot_shadowCoords (tok [,returnCoords]) ------------------------------------------------>']
<!-- this function is used for the shadow token function and either moves or returns the new coords of the shadow token -->
<!-- NO NEW SCOPE -->

[switchToken(arg(0))]
<!-- reference tokens can be anything but need to end with ' Ground' and ' Level'. This must NOT be added to the argument -->
[if(argCount() > 1): returnCoords = arg(1); returnCoords = 0]

[referenceToken	= getProperty("w42.bot.referenceTok", padName)]
[shadow			= token.name + ' shadow']

<!-- the token will belong to the reference that is closest -->
[whereAmI    	= if( (abs(getTokenX() - getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Ground')) + abs(getTokenX() - getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Ground'))) < (abs(getTokenX() - getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Floor')) + abs(getTokenX() - getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Floor'))) , -1, 1 )]

[if(returnCoords), CODE:{
	<!-- no new scope so just create the coords -->
	[x	= getTokenX(1) + whereAmI*( getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Ground') - getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Floor') )]
	[y	= getTokenY(1) + whereAmI*( getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Ground') - getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Floor') )]
};{
	[moveToken( getTokenX(1) + whereAmI*( getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Ground') - getTokenX(1, referenceToken + ' Floor') ), getTokenY(1) + whereAmI*( getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Ground') - getTokenY(1, referenceToken + ' Floor') ), 1, shadow)]
}]
edit: well that turned out to be a lot less hard than I expected. Coord issue is fixed too! Enjoy!

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

Wolph I truly appropriate the amount of time you have put into this. I believe you may have inadvertently created yet another bug. Tokens are created and deleted correctly and the tokens appear in the correct coordinates. The bug is that the Shadow Token created are always small size regardless of the original token size. For medium tokens this could be called a feature as it helps differentiate the original from the shadow, but on Large and larger tokens it is problematic. I hope this is an easy fix for you.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

im fairly certain that this does not fall in the 'bug' category but in the 'feature' category. I can have a look to change that as I don't think its really hard to do but...its not a bug :D

jkthomsen9
Cave Troll

Post by jkthomsen9 »

I actually laughed out loud. Well done sir. :D

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”