PDF Monster Parser for DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

whtwulf
Cave Troll

Re: PDF Monster Parser for DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framew

Post by whtwulf »

Okay, so...

♥♥♥♥♥ LOVE ♥♥♥♥♥ the Monster Parser, it works like a charm and saves me time and effort. But does there exist a character parser that works with DN's framework?

paperbard
Kobold

Post by paperbard »

Hi there, I am using your monster parser and so far it is working well, except for a little snag.

There is something wrong with the stat card. When I use the powers form the character sheet its fine, but when I try and roll them after pressing f2, I get this:

« getStrProp(macro.args, "StringToSend") = getStrProp(DiceToRoll=1d20plus8 vs AC ; StringToSend=Attacks ; StringToSend2=vs AC, "StringToSend") = Attacks » « getSelectedNames() = getSelectedNames() = Orc Bolt Thrower » 15 « getStrProp(macro.args, "StringToSend2") = getStrProp(DiceToRoll=1d20plus8 vs AC ; StringToSend=Attacks ; StringToSend2=vs AC, "StringToSend2") = vs AC »

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I can't help you with that.
It doesn't make any sense to me.

But I have a request.
TravisT, is there a way that can be coded (either for myself or for a new version) so I can set all my options with the monster parser?
Specifically, I want to change the OnDeath to Object, if that matters. And right now, I have to change it for each token.
AND, can I set "Attempt to create powers as always" on?
I am a special snowflake!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Another suggestion.
If anyone is bored, how about a change that automatically fills in the checkbox of any entry that has text in it. For me it would be great for Hit & Miss, Requirements, Trigger, Effects & Sustain.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:I can't help you with that.
It doesn't make any sense to me.

But I have a request.
TravisT, is there a way that can be coded (either for myself or for a new version) so I can set all my options with the monster parser?
Specifically, I want to change the OnDeath to Object, if that matters. And right now, I have to change it for each token.
AND, can I set "Attempt to create powers as always" on?
I'm sure I can make it happen once I get some coding time again. Good idea.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

paperbard wrote:Hi there, I am using your monster parser and so far it is working well, except for a little snag.

There is something wrong with the stat card. When I use the powers form the character sheet its fine, but when I try and roll them after pressing f2, I get this:

« getStrProp(macro.args, "StringToSend") = getStrProp(DiceToRoll=1d20plus8 vs AC ; StringToSend=Attacks ; StringToSend2=vs AC, "StringToSend") = Attacks » « getSelectedNames() = getSelectedNames() = Orc Bolt Thrower » 15 « getStrProp(macro.args, "StringToSend2") = getStrProp(DiceToRoll=1d20plus8 vs AC ; StringToSend=Attacks ; StringToSend2=vs AC, "StringToSend2") = vs AC »
First, check your stack settings. I usually set mine for 4MB. If you still get the error, please post the monster stat card or campaign file so we can try to take a look at it.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Since I love improvements, Any progress or updates?

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Since I love improvements, Any progress or updates?
Sorry, I've been away a while. No progress since last I posted. I should have time once again to do some improvements within the next week.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

travist627 wrote:
paperbard wrote:Hi there, I am using your monster parser and so far it is working well, except for a little snag.

First, check your stack settings. I usually set mine for 4MB. If you still get the error, please post the monster stat card or campaign file so we can try to take a look at it.
Also check to make sure "Show Tooltips for Inline Rolls" is checked, in Campaign Properties.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Since I love improvements, Any progress or updates?
Finally, an updated version. Phew!
Improvements are listed in the change log.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Haven't downloaded it, but great update.
Thank you.

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

So I've been using this for a while, and love it. But recently I had to reformat my computer and am trying to set up maptools again, and I'm having trouble with this. I've got DN's framework all set up and working, but I keep getting errors when I try and add this token to the map.

So I've got this token and I'm trying to drag it onto the map and this error window pops up:
Spoiler
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: propertyMapCI : propertyMapCI : propertyMapCI : propertyMapCI
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message : propertyMapCI : propertyMapCI
class : net.rptools.maptool.model.Token
required-type : net.rptools.maptool.model.Token
path : /net.rptools.maptool.model.Token/propertyMapCI
line number : 538
-------------------------------
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:89)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:76)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:60)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:137)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:33)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:923)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:909)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:853)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getFileObject(PackedFile.java:545)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:241)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:205)
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadToken(PersistenceUtil.java:496)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.ImageFileImagePanelModel.getTransferable(ImageFileImagePanelModel.java:101)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.AssetPanel$4.getTransferable(AssetPanel.java:277)
at net.rptools.lib.swing.ImagePanel.dragGestureRecognized(ImagePanel.java:398)
at java.awt.dnd.DragGestureRecognizer.fireDragGestureRecognized(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WMouseDragGestureRecognizer.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: propertyMapCI : propertyMapCI
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:68)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:71)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:88)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ClassAliasingMapper.realClass(ClassAliasingMapper.java:86)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ArrayMapper.realClass(ArrayMapper.java:96)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CachingMapper.realClass(CachingMapper.java:52)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.determineType(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:347)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:208)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:162)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:82)
... 50 more
I have no idea what's going on, and any help would be awesome. By the way, AWESOME work on this, its saved my DM hide several times.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

Saagael wrote:So I've been using this for a while, and love it. But recently I had to reformat my computer and am trying to set up maptools again, and I'm having trouble with this. I've got DN's framework all set up and working, but I keep getting errors when I try and add this token to the map.

So I've got this token and I'm trying to drag it onto the map and this error window pops up:

I have no idea what's going on, and any help would be awesome. By the way, AWESOME work on this, its saved my DM hide several times.
I'm not much on interpreting the error messages. What are your memory and stack settings?

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

travist627 wrote:I'm not much on interpreting the error messages. What are your memory and stack settings?
I'm running version b77 at 1024M memory and 4M stack size, and launching from the batch file.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

Saagael wrote:
travist627 wrote:I'm not much on interpreting the error messages. What are your memory and stack settings?
I'm running version b77 at 1024M memory and 4M stack size, and launching from the batch file.
I have the same memory settings on mine, but I am running b86.

(to the general public)Is anyone else using the token in previous MT versions and getting the same error?

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”