PDF Monster Parser for DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Saagael
Giant

Re: PDF Monster Parser for DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framew

Post by Saagael »

travist627 wrote:I have the same memory settings on mine, but I am running b86.

(to the general public)Is anyone else using the token in previous MT versions and getting the same error?
A few weeks ago I was running games no problem on b77 using the token, so I don't think its the version. But I just downloaded b86 and tried it, and no problem. Looks my game will be upgrading to b86. Thanks though, appreciate the quick reply.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I just got here and would have said Version was the issue so, um, Yay me.
As an aside, is b86 stable? I'm stuck on b84 because of a few things the devs say about 86 regading DM vision.
I am a special snowflake!

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:I just got here and would have said Version was the issue so, um, Yay me.
As an aside, is b86 stable? I'm stuck on b84 because of a few things the devs say about 86 regading DM vision.
Does the new version of parser token work in b84? I've been running b86 just fine, but I may not be putting it through the same rigors that other DM's do.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I can't download it today.
I'll definitely post tomorrow night and let you know.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Here is my assessment,
With b84 Token v10 with a Battletested Orc from the DDi Compendium:
Every time I Save the Parsed info to the token I get 2 "Input Value for"
Vision doesn't show up in the "Passive Bonus - Senses" section when I edit the Character Sheet.
Vision does show up in the "DNA_AltMove" Property.
For Powers, I get extra "powers", i.e., Standard Actions, Triggered Actions, Effect.
Equipment doesn't show up.

With b84 Token v09 with a Battletested Orc from the DDi Compendium:
Every time I Save the Parsed info to the token I get 1 "Input Value for"
Vision doesn't show up in the "Passive Bonus - Senses" section when I edit the Character Sheet.

If you want something specifically tested, please let me know.
Is any of this better with b86?

Also, it looks like you have done something with the code that isn't in the changelog. First the range, and now the action type and keywords don't show up for me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your coding and everything to do with modifications I've made adding in my own keywords, ranges and action types. Is this possible? Is this something you can fill me in on so I can fix it?
Or is this something that is effecting others as well?

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Here is my assessment,
With b84 Token v10 with a Battletested Orc from the DDi Compendium:
Every time I Save the Parsed info to the token I get 2 "Input Value for"
For Powers, I get extra "powers", i.e., Standard Actions, Triggered Actions, Effect.
Equipment doesn't show up.

With b84 Token v09 with a Battletested Orc from the DDi Compendium:
Every time I Save the Parsed info to the token I get 1 "Input Value for"

Is any of this better with b86?

Also, it looks like you have done something with the code that isn't in the changelog. First the range, and now the action type and keywords don't show up for me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your coding and everything to do with modifications I've made adding in my own keywords, ranges and action types. Is this possible? Is this something you can fill me in on so I can fix it?
Or is this something that is effecting others as well?
Okay, I'm trying to track down the stuff. The first--and biggest--issue is that WotC doesn't seem keep a standard layout for their Compendium like they did with the Monster Builder. That monster doesn't appear in the MB (since they don't update it anymore), so I pulled it up in the Compendium.
StatCard
Battletested Orc
Medium natural humanoid

Level 3 Soldier
XP 150
HP 50; Bloodied 25 Initiative +5
AC 19, Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 13 Perception+1
Speed 6 (8 when charging) Low-light vision
Standard Actions
Battleaxe (weapon) At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +8 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, or 1d10 + 10 with a charge attack.
Handaxe (weapon) At-Will
Attack: Ranged 10 (one creature); +8 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.
Hacking Frenzy (weapon) Recharge
Attack: Close burst 1 (enemies in the burst); +6 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the orc marks the target until the end of the orc’s next turn.
Effect: The orc grants combat advantage until the start of its next turn.
Triggered Actions
Savage Demise Encounter
Trigger: The orc drops to 0 hit points.
Effect (Free Action): The orc takes a standard action.
Str 18 (+5) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 10 (+1)
Con 18 (+5) Int 8 (0) Cha 9 (0)
Alignment chaotic evil Languages Common, Giant
Equipment: battleaxe , handaxe x4, heavy shield , scale armor .
Published in Monster Vault, page(s) 225.
Notice that they didn't put a space between "Perception" and the "+1," so it didn't pull that. I've changed the code to now look for both spaced and non-spaced Perception values.
The way they have formatted the text places the Low-light property on the same line as the Speed entry, which is right below the Perception value. In all of the other text-copying systems, the extra vision info either comes directly below the Perception line or follows a semicolon on the same line as Perception. If you move the vision entries either right below Perception or on the same line after a semicolon, then it should track it.
Now back to that larger issue of the Compendium screwups...In all of the text sources, whether PDF or MB, they have always portrayed the symbols using the special symbol font rather than an actual icon. So, "r" is a basic ranged attack, while "R" is a ranged attack. The same went for "m" vs. "M" for basic melee and melee. When you copy from that Compendium entry, the text copying cannot copy the symbols, so they don't even go to the text entry. If you put an "m" in front of the melee's name and an "R" in front of the ranged attack's name, then you'll see them show up right.
I don't even know what to tell you about Hacking Frenzy. The icon they show in the Compendium entry is for a blast, but in the text they describe it as a close burst.
I would actually like to see this entry from the PDF, if they published one for Monster Vault.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote: Every time I Save the Parsed info to the token I get 2 "Input Value for"
Finally figured this one out. It goes back to what I was saying about the symbols not copying over. The parser is equipped to deal with the bullets (•) when they paste over from the text sources. It sees non-standard characters and substitutes a hyphen for them. Then, it looks for that hyphen as part of figuring out how powers are segmented.

You probably already noticed that the recharge icons didn't copy over either. The parser can deal with non-standard characters that Maptool converts to question marks, and it can deal with numbers (that are formatted with the dice font).

Try changing the Hacking Frenzy line to:

CHacking Frenzy (weapon) - Recharge 5 6

I can't make it account for entries from the Compendium where they use actual graphics instead of text to represent dice, type of attack, etc. Hopefully, the final version of Adventure Tools will actually allow exporting text instead of the single picture that they use now. If you still have the stand-alone version of MB, I would suggest using it, even though it doesn't get updates anymore. If you want to use the Compendium entries, you'll have to do a lot more text massaging.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I'm sorry.
It was just easier to grab one from the Compendium then start up the Adventure tool.
I can re-test today with a monster from the Monster Builder instead.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:I'm sorry.
It was just easier to grab one from the Compendium then start up the Adventure tool.
I can re-test today with a monster from the Monster Builder instead.
No need to be sorry. I'm just showing a little frustration about limitations on DDI subscribers since WotC started going with their web-only services. Maybe they'll come around on the online Adventure tools in the end. :)

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Here is my assessment,
With b84 Token v10 with a Mithrendain Guard Captain from the Original Adventure Tool:
Action Type doesn't show up.
Aura & Burst don't show up.
For Powers, I get extra "powers", i.e., Traits, Standard Actions, Move Actions, Minor Actions.

With b84 Token v09 with a Mithrendain Guard Captain from the Original Adventure Tool:
Everything works.

Should I just upgrade to b86?

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:Here is my assessment,
With b84 Token v10 with a Mithrendain Guard Captain from the Original Adventure Tool:
Action Type doesn't show up.
Aura & Burst don't show up.
For Powers, I get extra "powers", i.e., Traits, Standard Actions, Move Actions, Minor Actions.

With b84 Token v09 with a Mithrendain Guard Captain from the Original Adventure Tool:
Everything works.

Should I just upgrade to b86?
It came out perfect for me on that creature.

I know it's an elementary couple questions for you, but: 1. Did you make sure it's on the MM3 Stat Card Entry? When I switched over to MM1, I got the results you did. 2. Is your stack size setting at least 4MB?

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

BAH! I did the v09 test as MM3 but did the v10 with MM1 settings.
Looks perfect now in b84.

Now, that we have that figured out, should I upgrade to b86?

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

PinkRose wrote:BAH! I did the v09 test as MM3 but did the v10 with MM1 settings.
Looks perfect now in b84.

Now, that we have that figured out, should I upgrade to b86?
I haven't seen any issues with b86 for what I'm doing. I don't use individual FOW, though, so I can't speak to the issues there that I think some folks are having.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I heard there were issues with the DM seeing the fog of war from players.
But I don't use iFOW either so I guess it's time to 'Venture Forth.

travist627
Giant

Post by travist627 »

New version of the token (3alpha11) posted to the first page of this thread. Changes are in the change log.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”