RPedit - Macro Importer/Exporter and Editor [4/19/13]

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: RPedit - Macro Importer/Exporter and Editor [7/17/11]

Post by aliasmask »

I need to clean up the OP. That's an old bug. This is (I believe) the latest version:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 90#p208681

Just in case that is slightly different, here is the one I currently use.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I concur Wolph42, that's the same exact issue I've noticed :)

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

It worked fine with this version. Oddly enough, the lib token I already had showed exactly the same version and name, so you may want to up the version number so people don't get confused.

Thanks !

reonZ
Kobold

Post by reonZ »

Hello, first of all, I love this tool but i have some issue with it and i can't figure why :

As soon as any macro has more than one line of code, when i try to save/load it, I end up with an input pop-up asking me about the label of the said macro, I tried different versions of RPEdit and using MT b87.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Judging by the spacing before the ; seems like you have an old bad version. Top of this page has the version I currently use. See if that works and if not, post or PM your lib file and I'll check it out.

reonZ
Kobold

Post by reonZ »

aliasmask wrote:Judging by the spacing before the ; seems like you have an old bad version. Top of this page has the version I currently use. See if that works and if not, post or PM your lib file and I'll check it out.
Actually, I made the screenshot with the version you are referring to.

If i put all the code in one line/block without any return, it works fine but as soon as I have at least 2 lines, it doesn't work anymore.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well since I use that file and I don't experience that problem, if you post your token then I may be able to track down the problem.

reonZ
Kobold

Post by reonZ »

aliasmask wrote:Well since I use that file and I don't experience that problem, if you post your token then I may be able to track down the problem.
Here is your RPEdit, as i downloaded it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3gnbayfcax9p30

And here is one of my token i edit a lot:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j2q1kf7yfdaa4a8

Fyi: I use your "Default.theme" file if it matters.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I need to clean up the OP. That's an old bug. This is (I believe) the latest version:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 90#p208681

Just in case that is slightly different, here is the one I currently use.
Is this still the latest version?

You might want to update the OP if it is.

And, btw, why isn't this thing stickied? ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I totally missed that last post. I'll have to check that. Yeah, I should update the OP and sticky the thread.

Enoch
Kobold

Post by Enoch »

ShanG wrote:I'm using notepad++ with your language definition file. And I think I just screwed up the copy and paste in that post - I wasn't actually saving one macro inside the other like that.

At this point I'm wondering if it isn't something to do with my Maptool installation/settings, since it happens even when I create a new map, a new token, and a new macro, then try to load it. Saving seems to work okay, though.

I'll upload my Lib token, then, and you can tell me if you see anything wrong with it. Fair warning, though, I tend to subscribe to the theory that if something is worth doing, it's worth /over/doing. My campaign framework is relatively large compared to the others I've downloaded. :oops:
Not sure if this has been resolved yet, I didn't see anything about it. I had the same problem you have and fixed it by switching from Java 7 to Java 6.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, if you're not using java 6 with MT, then lots of weird things can happen. Thanks for the input and I'll keep that in mind if it comes up again.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

FYI - I ran in to a "bug" when used with b89. When loading macros, it may ask for "label". I'm not sure of the exact cause, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how I use varsFromStrProp to quickly put all the data from a macro in to memory for use. I may have to go with a slower method (a loop) to fix the issue or perhaps removed command before doing the conversion (probably faster).

"label" comes right after command when using Wiki: getMacroProps() and I suspect either code or quotes are bleeding over and interfering with defining anything defined after command.

Working on a fix now.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

MapTool 1.3b89 load fix. This should be backwards compatible with b87 as well.
Attachments
RPedit v1.3 MT 1.3.b89 4-19-13.rptok
(107.48 KiB) Downloaded 1117 times

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”