[Beta Release] Spell Manager 3.0.0 for b86

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Beta Release] Spell Manager 3.0.0 for b86

Post by aliasmask »

I finally got around to trying to get it to work with my framework. So far, so good. I've added things like sublime chord and duskblade with no problem. Actually, for duskblade, I just standardized the known spells. I ran in to a couple of errors, but nothing critical. It was due to some bad configuration.

When using slots, domains don't show up on the casting page. That's the only minor gripe I have. But I can make it by simply just adding the extra slot per level and adding the domain spells as known spells.

I see the part under known spells not showing spells not in db. I'll check that out later and post a patch. I have an idea why. It's the difference in using searchSpellLink and other function for doing spells in mass. It's not finding the link so it enters blank instead. I will just have to check for blank and don't do the replace.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I ran across a bug that nuked my game. One of the players used a power. That caused an infinite loop across all the clients opening his spell menu and resending the link to chat from all the clients propagating the same link to chat, thus infinite loop. I'm going to look for the specific problem but I resolved the problem in game by changing all the macros from autoexecute=true to autoexecute=false. I exported with RPEdit and did the replace in Notepad++ and then imported it. The only macros that need autoexecute would be the ones that are put in to the campaign window.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Anyone have trouble exporting a book?

I found I have to move the token to the libs map first to bypass the image:fog unknown.

Then I get an error Argument number 1 invalid argument type for function "setImage".

Any ideas?

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Hello,
I think I've found a bug, when I am creating a new class based on a previous one, it looks like the index is off on the first select.

If I select sorcerer, it copies wizard, and if I copy wizard it crashes. I think this is just a case of dropping the index by 1 to account for the blank entry at the start of the dropdown.
Attachments
01-04-2012 2-25-53 PM.png
01-04-2012 2-25-53 PM.png (25.45 KiB) Viewed 5665 times

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Ok disregard, I got my new setup confused between spells and spells3.

Issue corrected with the updated beta

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I couldn't export a class earlier (I forget the error message). It did create a token, but with no data.

Anyway, I have a couple of patches HERE.

One patch fixes the missing spells in the known area and the other is an output tweak for non-standard created classes. If you don't have a known list, but you cast like a sorcerer it will show you the number of castable slots instead for reference. I use this in my game where the known spells are the memorized spells and casting uses a slot rather than a specific spell.

Also, my version (as noted above) had a problem where it caused some infinite loop with the clients because one of the functions had autoexecute on. This token sets all the autoexecutes to false.

Another tweak I did was change the frames so each token has a unique spell frame so you can have multiple frames for different tokens. This should work for at least lindsay's 3.5/pathfinder core1 release (latest is core3), but will probably work for the newest one too, but you may have to rename lib token.

I also use this for my spell menu manager to open the manager. Be sure to select Apply to Selected tokens with making the macro.

Code: Select all

[H: spellManager = getProperty("am.spellManager")]
[H, if(json.isEmpty(spellManager)): setProperty("am.spellManager",1)]
[H: casterInfo = getProperty("casterInfo")]
[H, if(json.isEmpty(spellManager) && ! json.isEmpty(casterInfo)), code: {
   [H: abort(input("tip|<html><b>Previous versions of Plothos and Wrathgon data is incompatible<br>so, this question will only be asked once.</b><br><br></html>||LABEL|SPAN=TRUE","clearInfo|NO,YES|Clear Caster Info?|RADIO"))]
   [H, if(clearInfo): setProperty("casterInfo","{}")]
};{}]
[H, macro("Spell Main@Lib:spells"): ""]
Attachments
Plothos 3.0.0 beta_AM1 spell manager.rptok
(434.4 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”