(Nolgroth) Dice Frame

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

nolgroth
Dragon

(Nolgroth) Dice Frame

Post by nolgroth »

Drop-in Resource

I was really impressed with Rumble's diceBox Drop-in. So much so, that I wanted to modify it so that it filled out a couple of features that I thought were missing. Sadly, I am not nearly as conversant in MTScript as Rumble is and had a hard time following the code from one step to another. Not to be dissuaded by such little things, I decided to move forward in my own way. The result is Diceframe. While not technically as sophisicated as Rumble's, I am quite proud of my brute force methodology. :)

Files:
Diceframe token:
Diceframe_v11.rptok
(70.29 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Rumble's Dice Table

Install:
1. Download and put the Diceframe_v11.rptok into a Library Folder. From there, drag it onto the map.
2. Download Rumble's dice table. Put it in a Library Folder. From the Tables window, Import the dice table.
3. Select the Diceframe token. Click on the diceFrame macro.
4. Once the dice frame pops up, position it to where you like. I place it high in the window, almost exactly center of the screen. I have a widescreen monitor so horizontal space is abundant.

If something does not work, please let me know and I will fix it. I hope that you may find a use for this.
ss.jpg
ss.jpg (165.49 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
Features:
  • Individual die roll output.
  • Shadowrun 4 style Glitches and Edge re-rolls. (I think WoD uses these too, just for d10 instead of d6.)
  • Hide dice total output if you don't want it cluttering the chat.
  • Some small help text. For the moment, it outputs to chat. I could not figure out why the dialog() command was not working. I will look more closely at that and see if I can figure out why.
Last edited by nolgroth on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: (Nolgroth) Dice Frame

Post by mfrizzell »

Looks pretty cool I'll give it a try. Thanks
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Realized that I had messed up on the way mods are applied. Most games apply mods after the die are rolled. While updating that, I made a couple of small changes.
  • Updated modifier to stack with dice totals.
  • Updated output to indicate modifier.
  • Added the » symbol as a separator between the base dice and re-rolled Edge dice. Also made separator a conditional output item.
New file in first post.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

mfrizzell wrote:Looks pretty cool I'll give it a try. Thanks
I was building it for myself, but I thought others might find a use for it. Honestly, for sheer spiffiness, I think Rumble's is pretty cool what with being able to roll multiple kinds of dice and remembering die rolls. Still, no sense in not putting out another resource. Somebody may find it useful for their game.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Ok... you know I gotta ask. Does it handle Hero Dice? :D

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

pmbruner wrote:Ok... you know I gotta ask. Does it handle Hero Dice? :D
Nope. I could build in simple Hero functionality for Stun dice, Killing Stun Multiple, Knockback and possibly Hit Locations. As I said earlier though, I built it mostly for myself and being that I already have a whole framework for Hero, didn't see a need. I want to be careful that I don't end up trying to support a lot of game systems. That would bloat this thing up to something more than I originally envisioned it to be.

If you want though, I'll look into it.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”