Market Tool with inventory system.

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

kyuss11
Giant

Market Tool with inventory system.

Post by kyuss11 »

Market testing.cmpgn
(420.17 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
This tool is usable for any campaign or framework,might have to tweek names to created items for your liking or game style.Just copy campaign properties and tokens and then run oncampaignload from Lib:Inventory token or just save and reload.Important note:in the Basic campaign properties,these should be copied into whatever the player token properties are using like Basic,Token4e from Rumble's etc.There is a few items that might say Swift attack,which has nothing to do with it only as a default setting,and to get you to use the remove and add macros to create your own data of items.Let me know how and what you've created and hope this adds to your gaming experience.Thanks to the actual owner of the inventory token:)

I created a merchant token that gives the player the ability to purchase items.I use a inventory system that has the item created on it that you can just click to give to player,that way the player doesn't have to type the item out every time.It's a independent system but you need the inventory and market tokens and added campaign properties.One separate and a few added to the player token properties.You can add,remove with a macro that ask you for the info.There is also a toggle use macro so players don't spam the market button when not needed.You set gold for player and after the player buys everything they need,you just display items and remember you need to create all the items in the inventory Lib:token so you can just give to player.Once that's done you can just clear purchases and toggle use to disabled until the next time.The market tool is really just a way to keep track of what players want but not hinder 6 players in a initiative way of role play and waiting around for there turn.The tool allows every player once given a set of gold to view and purchase what they like and then the dm can display items from which all he has to do is select item in inventory and "Give to player".Its a very fast and organized way of doing bartering since everything is already there and typed out for the player

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by kyuss11 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

kyrillos27
Kobold

Re: Market Tool with inventory system.

Post by kyrillos27 »

This looks great, kyuss11. I'll be playing around with it shortly using lmarkus001's framework.

kyrillos27
Kobold

Post by kyrillos27 »

A few questions after playing around with this.

1) I'm not sure I understand the difference, if any, on the market inventory vs player inventory. Can you explain?
2) I see that the provided lib:market's inventory has a plethora of different items in it. These do not come up when trying to purchase items. Are these two separate things?
3) In the inventory screens, there is a place for gold, silver, and copper. However, it seems that gold is entirely tracked elsewhere. Are these two supposed to correspond?
4) In setting any token up as a merchant, what steps need to be taken? Say a blacksmith with limited items, leather armor and a dagger? From what I can tell is this:
a- Create any token, I'm putting it as an object on the token layer.
b- Add new items to be sold using the macro from the lib:Market
c- At this point, the market should be open, but I don't see how a player should buy from this market. Say I have a fletcher beside this one. How does the player distinguish between these two merchants?

As far as I can see, there seems to be two separate systems in this, a merchant system then plothos's system. Neither system seems to relate to each other. How does a player walk up to one merchant and purchase his things then go to another peddler and purchase from his entirely different inventory? Perhaps I have some incorrect setting, but I have opened the campaign cleanly and have not imported it into any framework yet.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I'm not sure I understand the difference, if any, on the market inventory vs player inventory. Can you explain?
The inventory macro is placed on the player so they can create the currency and items the gm will give them to start with.The inventory on the market token just allows you to add items that you will have on the option to buy when the select it,so you can give them the items.
I see that the provided lib:market's inventory has a plethora of different items in it. These do not come up when trying to purchase items. Are these two separate things?
Yes,those are there to start with,however any new items that you want to add,you need to add as a item to the market macros armor,gear,ammo etc.You will not be able to purchase a wand unless you add a wand in the Market Lib token.
In the inventory screens, there is a place for gold, silver, and copper. However, it seems that gold is entirely tracked elsewhere. Are these two supposed to correspond?
You have to set the denominations up in the player inventory macro where you can create any name or value to that of a base of copper.The gold or set gold on the Market is different in that you just give the player a set gold amount to purchase items and so that way they don't abuse it or buy something they wouldn't be able to afford.There is no linkage between the 2 tokens at this point.Maybe a better coder could make a link for these to automate,but for now you just ask character how much gold they want to take off their player inventory total and set gold value for market use.
In setting any token up as a merchant, what steps need to be taken? Say a blacksmith with limited items, leather armor and a dagger? From what I can tell is this:
a- Create any token, I'm putting it as an object on the token layer.
b- Add new items to be sold using the macro from the lib:Market
c- At this point, the market should be open, but I don't see how a player should buy from this market. Say I have a fletcher beside this one. How does the player distinguish between these two merchants?
Right so basically this isn't like making a separate token for each one,however you can drag a token with a image of a trader and drag the market inventory macro on it.The only macros you need are purchase items or services,magical etc. on the character token.You can add whatever items you want to these.It involves some coding to create a new macro that would only allow say alchemy items so in essence you could make individual merchant tokens but it wasn't designed to be that intricate.You can however add and remove items quickly so if you want I can add separate macros that only bring up certain items or just let you add them.Let me know what ones that you would want and I can go from there.I just didn't want to make 10 or more macros for each individual item when I could just have the character select what they want with one.

dreadknought
Kobold

Post by dreadknought »

Any chance of this becoming a drag and drop tokens for a campaign it will be alot easier, I really like the concept of this though, I hope that it will be finished soon

Nildik
Cave Troll

Post by Nildik »

This looks great!!. I'll be testing it for my framework.

dontadow
Cave Troll

Post by dontadow »

Looks great but just like with the other system i am having a difficult time tracking ammo. I try to input ammo and nothing happens. During the input of the ammo it asks me for the item size which i am unsure of

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I'm not sure with what token that you are talking about?The inventory only actually tracks wand charges,but you can also create a wand that is named arrows and just use the recharge button to replace the new total amount after usage.The market token just adds a item into a specific category and you give it a value and description.

dontadow
Cave Troll

Post by dontadow »

kyuss11 wrote:I'm not sure with what token that you are talking about?The inventory only actually tracks wand charges,but you can also create a wand that is named arrows and just use the recharge button to replace the new total amount after usage.The market token just adds a item into a specific category and you give it a value and description.
okay thats what i was thinking of doing, but does the use wand button work.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Hello,

first of all, thanks for your work, it's a great way to keep track of equipment. So far I had to write gear into the token notes but now I can just use your nice inventory system :)

I only keep track of party gold so I don't use the market function at all, for me it'S easier to just add items to a player's inventory directly.

I have one question: how do I make new items avilable to players other than adding them manually in the add item dialogue?

I have tried adding the new item to the lib inventory's inventory (there were only two items in it :?: ) and even added it to the market's inventory, but I the new item didn't appear in the drop-down list when adding stuff in a character's inventory :(

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

First of all I just want to say that the awesome inventory token was actually created by a different member here.I just used it and tweaked a few things.
I have tried adding the new item to the lib inventory's inventory (there were only two items in it ) and even added it to the market's inventory, but I the new item didn't appear in the drop-down list when adding stuff in a character's inventory
The inventory that's stored on the Lib:Token has a cache of some main items, that any new token you give the Inventory macro to will have access to.
Unfortunately you cannot add to this for its embedded in the token some how.So to answer your question about being able to store items then give it to a player would be like this.You can add any item you want to the main Lib:Token and then you will have to use the GIVE TO PLAYER function from the list on the Lib:Tokens's inventory that's pulled up from the macro.The Market token is to have multiple players simultaneously use the purchase item macro after you set gold for the player.The players can select the item macro of there choice,say armor and for 10 gold buy some cloth armor etc. all the while making it convenient for the players so they don't have to wait there turn to barter with the dm.Every player can purchase items at there own speed and when there done.The dm just selects there token and clicks display purchases and each item they bought would of been prepared by adding those items to the Lib:inventory.Then using the GIVE TO PLAYER function you can quickly give multiple items to the player without them having to type everything out.That's the basic function of the Market tool,not to be a different inventory system.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Well guess what, the Lib Inventory token has a makro group "99" that has makro buttons for adding stuff, where you can add items to the database! Once they are in the DB (It's apparently not possible to directly view what's inside the DB) the new items can be added to a new character as normal without having to give it to him or her. Cool!

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

Gratz Cherno your right.I just loaded it and tinkered with it and at first it didn't work.However I remembered a function that when in edit macro mode,you uncheck allow Players to Edit macro and it will allow you to add items to the data base,even the main Lib:Inventory token.Thanks Cherno :)

Lobosolo
Kobold

Post by Lobosolo »

Is this token working anymore? I can't get it to initialize in b90 at all. I move the inventory token to my framework and move the black "Open Inventory" macro to the Campaign tab and I just keep getting an error in the body of roll.

I need a good universal inventory system and all the ones I find seem to been creating errors...

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): macro("Invent Main Starter@Lib:inventory")       Statement Body : ""

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h,if(json.isEmpty(itemcheck)==1),code       Statement Body : { [macro("Empty Invent Main@Lib:inventory"):""] };{ [macro("Invent Main@Lib:inventory"):"loc.name"] }

Lobosolo
Kobold

Post by Lobosolo »

Nevermind. Just came across this post. Looks like this is tied up in a b90 bug. I loaded the lib that Wolph42 made and it resolved the errors. At least from what I can tell so far.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”