Macro Library of DnD 5e racial traits/skills

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

dantarith
Cave Troll

Macro Library of DnD 5e racial traits/skills

Post by dantarith »

Updated to include errata to the PHB.
Added the races from:
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Elemental Evil Players Companion
Volo's Guide to Monsters
---------------------------------------

I got tired of making skill/trait macro's for each token in my game so I figured someone else out there might find them handy as well. Currently they are just the Racial traits/skills but I plan on expanding them to class and background features as well.

What they do: When hovered over the macro a tooltip briefly describes the skill When the Macro button is pushed it displays the skill description in the chat window for everyone to see if there is any question about the skill.

What they don't do: They do not modify any settings or stats so, they can just be dropped in as a reference library to any of your campaigns. (of course you could always modify them to do that in your game if needed)

How to Install: Simply download and save the rptok file on your computer. Then drag it from wherever you saved it onto your campaign map.

How to Update: Download the updated token file. Delete the old token from your campaign. Drag the new token file into your campaign.

How to use: Place he Lib:DnD_5e_AbilityMacros token on the map with your PC's tokens. Make sure you have "Selected" and "Impersonate" checked in the "Window" menu. Now right click on the desired PC/NPC token you want to add the macros to and select "Impersonate". Then click on the Lib:DnD_5e_AbilityMacros token and just drag the desired macro/s to your Impersonated tokens macros and your done. Easy Peasy!

Note: I did NOT include Stat changes or Language macros because I select those on a character sheet macro set I have. However if it's something enough people want I can add them.
Attachments
Lib_RacialAbilities.rptok
(29.97 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Last edited by dantarith on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: Macro Library of DnD 5e racial traits/skills

Post by paulstrait »

Cool, I like this. I'll include it in the next update of my framework. I just updated it to include the new races from the Elemental Evil supplement (see attached file).
Attachments
Lib_RacialAbilities.rptok
(22.99 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

With Christmas coming soon I still have not forked out the fifty bucks for Volo's Guide to Monsters. However I will be getting the book shortly. As soon as I do, I will add the additional racial traits for the new playable races.
Also the same will apply when Unearthed Arcana becomes available :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

dantarith wrote:With Christmas coming soon I still have not forked out the fifty bucks for Volo's Guide to Monsters. However I will be getting the book shortly.
Make sure you look at Amazon first. You can get it for around $30 there.

If you want the hobby store limited edition cover you can get it for around $50-$75 off Ebay.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

Full Bleed wrote: Make sure you look at Amazon first. You can get it for around $30 there.

If you want the hobby store limited edition cover you can get it for around $50-$75 off Ebay.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

Cool Santa brought me Volo's Guide to Monsters! I will be adding the new character races from the book. There are also stats for Monstrous Adventurers as well. So, it looks like there are 13 new racial traits I need to add.

Going to take me a few days I think to get them in. Thanks for everyones patience.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

UPDATE: The updated library is done and ready for downloading! Enjoy!
Last edited by dantarith on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klaive
Cave Troll

Post by Klaive »

dantarith wrote:Cool Santa brought me Volo's Guide to Monsters! I will be adding the new character races from the book. There are also stats for Monstrous Adventurers as well. So, it looks like there are 13 new racial traits I need to add.

Going to take me a few days I think to get them in. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Cool, keep up the good work and thanks, you'll be getting some credit when I add this to my framework, still working on test version 0.1...
and we all understand it is generally a slow and tedious task to build these.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

Klaive wrote: Cool, keep up the good work and thanks, you'll be getting some credit when I add this to my framework, still working on test version 0.1...
and we all understand it is generally a slow and tedious task to build these.
Thanks you too!

The Library Token File has been updated now. If I am missing any other officially published races please let me know so I can add them.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”