Simple Macros for D&D 5th Edition

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Vishika
Kobold

Simple Macros for D&D 5th Edition

Post by Vishika »

I've just finished making a really simple Macro set for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. If you're brand new and want something light weight and already functional to play around with, this should work. This is mainly for running the game locally using a virtual table top or to assit the DM with theatre of the mind. It has macros for setting initiative, dealing damage, healing. A couple others that I find useful (randomizing monster hitpoints, resting). Anything to do with hitpoints and invitiative basically. It also comes with some useful statues.

The code is probably a bit smelly as I've only really started a couple days ago, and mainly just hacked it together.

Thanks aliasmask for the really helpful tutorial, and whoever made the wiki! ^-^

See the attached campaign file. It uses a Lib:token, from my understanding it needs to be included in one of the maps and you need to click the "OnCampaignLoad" Macro that's on it (to find it, click the token and use the "Selection" view panel). It needs to be visible to all players to make it work and it also needs to not be hidden, but you can make the map not visible. aliasmasks tutorial explains it better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smIbGlp5hkM&t=609s
After that import the macros.mtmacset into the "global" window and you should be good to go!

Assuming you're new, check out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVo2Yj ... b3zWcmpAOn tutorial by Thomas Chapman if you want to learn more!

Tested on MapTool Version: 1.4.1.8
I might update post this as I do, perhaps to include health bars or something. If you've any suggestions or improvements, please let me know and send them my way. ^-^
Attachments
Macros.mtmacset
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 866 times
Template Campaign.cmpgn
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 392 times
Last edited by Vishika on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

bobifle
Giant

Re: Simple Macros for D&D 5th Edition

Post by bobifle »

in the example map, the 2 tokens have no macro whatsoever. I tried to use macros from the lib but they won't work.
I wonder if you've uploaded the correct file...

Vishika
Kobold

Post by Vishika »

bobifle wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:59 pm
in the example map, the 2 tokens have no macro whatsoever. I tried to use macros from the lib but they won't work.
I wonder if you've uploaded the correct file...
You are absolutely right! Thanks for testing it out. I did a clean build on a different computer and realised that campaign files don't store global macros. They are attached separately in a macro set which you can import ^_^

Dobly
Kobold

Post by Dobly »

Your Add to initiative macro is fantastic Vishika. Thank you so much. If I had 8 wolves, I was rolling a real d20, and doing Set Initiative on each and every one.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

moved topic to dropin macro resources. the macro section was ambiguous at first but Azhrei corrected that. This topic belongs in this section.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”