Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.47 [MT Tables]

Post by wolph42 »

hi thanks for the interest and the kind words.

The entire invisibility (actually nearly the entire BoT) works on basis of the onTokenMove function. That means that most functions are triggered when you move a token. Note that this has to be a manual movement or what you call: drag and drop.

now it IS possible to implement all that stuff inside a macro so that the ranges for invis are calculated when you run that macro, but that is something you will have to program yourself!

as for the movementpad, i havent'seen that thing in ages, didn't know it was still active. its for sure that its not mainteined though.

but out of curiosity why do you use the movement pad?

Longshot
Giant

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

Post by Longshot »

I'm unsure of the version I'm using (and I really looked), so this may or may not be applicable.

After updating to 1.10.x, if Bag of Tricks does not pass this line:
This Maptool version supports automatic vision blocking manipulation, this functionality will be enabled

It could be that onCampaignLoad is using the following line:

Code: Select all

[h:id = strfind(mtVersion, "\\d+\\.(.?)\\.(.*)")]
To fix it, I went to lib token: lib:OnTokenMove
Under the Util group, I edited onCampaignLoad
And changed that line to:

Code: Select all

[h:id = strfind(mtVersion, "\\d+\\.(\\d+)\\.(.*)")]
I did it to account for the fact that the maptool version went from 1.#.# to 1.##.#

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I haven't tested version10 yet so its possible that something is going wrong there. ill keep an eye out for when this happens.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Cool. I'll need to get that in case mine isn't the most recent.

Off-topic question: We still have the 2-Code Level issue? I've been coding in Mote for the past few years and have just returned to Maptool.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Longshot wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 pm
Cool. I'll need to get that in case mine isn't the most recent.

Off-topic question: We still have the 2-Code Level issue? I've been coding in Mote for the past few years and have just returned to Maptool.
yes and no. At its core MT still has the 2 level restriction, however I've devised a way around that years ago and am using it for close to a decade now, hence im inclined to say: no not an issue, albeith still most people aren't aware of the methodology...sigh...link in sig. (2 code levels)

is mote still a thing?

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Thank for the reply :)
wolph42 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 am
albeith still most people aren't aware of the methodology...sigh...link in sig. (2 code levels)
Ah, well as it happens, I could have phrased it as: "We still have the 2-Code Level issue, or do I continue to use your work-arounds" ;)

On that note:
wolph42 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 am
is mote still a thing?
It has not been developed for years. I had been using it because it performed better in some circumstances. The editor is pretty amazing, for example. And no code-level limitations. All that said, I have been learning coding tricks to employ in it by looking at your code and writing it MOTE style.

Though it IS a nice surprise to return to Maptool and see how much more feature rich it has become.

Shondoa
Kobold

Post by Shondoa »

So I noticed that the invisibility stuff wasn't updating when moving multiple tokens, went to check "deferOnMultipleTokensMove" and, sure enough, "bot_checkInvisibility" was nowhere to be found. I wasn't sure what in the code needed to be changed so that "doInvisibility" was properly passed to the function, so I made my own hacky workaround, but this is something you might want to look at fixing for the next version.

Thanks!

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”