Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.44 [CoMPad 2]

Post by wolph42 »

ok I've implemented all your fixes. Thank you for that. Current version is now 44e.

As for your questions:
1.TBH: I don't know anymore, I recall that at least one function *can* fail if a mapname starts with a number, but that might be moot.
2. yes duplicate names WILL cause trouble. The reason I use names instead of IDs is because of the ID bug, which recently (finally) has been fixed. The other reason is that the entire BoT is 'name based' a lot of functions use the names of tokens so I used that as my starting point. With the id bug fixed I could make all the changes but that would be a massive undertaking. Note that I *did* create a macro to fix duplicate names as well. IRC its different from diagnose, but diagnose might find them as well, not sure...

HTH.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Library Token: Dice Box

Post by wolph42 »

@Neverim: don't use PM for those kind of questions ('wheres the manual of the dicebox'). Really only use it for private stuff like sharing your campaign file you don't want your players to see. Two reasons:
1. other might have the same question
2. i expect that question here, so I can't find it back anymore...and forget it...and don't answer it...

Here's your answer:
#### DICE BOX
The dice box has a hidden feature that requires some explanation: it's actually 10 dice boxes, but the you can only open the 2nd box if the 1st is open and the 3rd if both the 1st and 2nd are open, etc.To open multiple boxes simply click on the macro multiple times.

So what is the function of that? Well each dice box can be setup differently from the other, so for different situations you can create different dice boxes.

the box itself should be really straightforward in use but lets go through them:

* there are in total 8 dice types supported: the usual rpg 7 and d5. The d100 is a bit hard to recognize but its the d10 with the 00 (the actual D10 only has one 0).
* with the + and - you can add or deduct dice from the dice pool. By default the dice pool is empty. So for example after opening up the dice box you can clik on the + next to the D8 and then click 'roll' and the result will be the random outcome of 1D8 (it will also tell you this in the chat). Obviously you can select more D8's and also add other dices to the pool. If you click on roll you will (by default) get the total result of all the dices outcome.
* 'clear' will reset everything to 0 dice pool.
* 'Modifier' will simply add the number you put there to the result
* 'Target' is the target you roll at, e.g. set it to 6 and when the dice pool result is 6 or higher it will state: 'success', if not: 'failed'. 0 will ignore this.
* 'Explode means' that when the highest number on the dice is rolled (e.g. 6 on a D6) then the dice is rolled again (repeat until something lower is rolled).
* 'Show results' will show the outcome of the dice roll to whomever you selected!
* 'Tooltip info' is shown on the dice result in the dice box. If you hover over it with your mouse you will see either the total of each dice TYPE or the result of each die.
* Options: these are really self explanatory, what is useful to know is that the settings are stored FOR THAT DICE BOX IDENTIFIER (so if you have e.g. 3 dice boxes open called 0,1 and 2 then each dice box can be setup differently and the next time you open that dicebox, the settings will be the same.

nevarim
Kobold

Post by nevarim »

hi Wolph

how can i open the framework dor dicetools?

sorry for the PM

thanks
Neva

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

theres a macro called dice box, click on that.
The macro can be found both on lib:ontokenmove, first section OR if you click the black 'back of tricks' macro button, you get a menu with macros, its under the utils tab.

nevarim
Kobold

Post by nevarim »

this is that i dont understand of rptools, how to see list of macro inside (i'm a noob and im try to learn about that)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok. from the menu you can open several panels. The ones you want are campaign and selected. Now when they're open select lib:ontokenmove. you will see a hole bunch of macro in the selected panel. Drag the black bag of tricks macro to the campaign panel.
Now you can hit that macro and a menu with again a lot of macros opens up. its has two tabs: select the utility tab. Among those macros in green below you find dice box macro.

gfactor
Kobold

Post by gfactor »

I'm having problems getting the Dice Box to work. Whenever I try to add or remove dice, I get an error in chat: "Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Starting from a fresh campaign, I add the OnTokenMove and EventMacros Libraries. I import the Bag of Tricks Table.I select the OnTokenMove token and click the Launch Dice Box macro in the Selection window. Clicking any of the plus or minus buttons to add or remove dice gives the Illegal Argument message. As far as I can tell, all the other options work (setting a modifier, target, who to show results to).

MapTool v1.5.14
Bag of Tricks 44e
AdoptOpenJDK 11.0.5.10 Hotspot

Let me know if you need more information.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

after you 'installed' the Bot, did you run 'settings' (in the lib:ontokenmove) AND saved and reloaded the campaign file?

edit: NVM just reproduced the issue. I;ll have a look.

edit 2: apparently something changed in this version of MT. I expect a LOT more of these kinds of bugs in this and other frameworks. The problem lies in the fact that a numeric json.get now results in a string and not in a number (use to be number) which renders this and potentially other issue.

I've updated the bag of tricks.rptok file (and only that one). This specific issue has been fixed in there.

gfactor
Kobold

Post by gfactor »

Excellent, thank you for the fix! And thank you for the explanation of what changed.

Snavig
Kobold

Post by Snavig »

I've come across an issue where the transparent background object created when a token enters a roof is a dramatically different size to the original roof.
https://files.catbox.moe/ealio7.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/z9db48.jpg
I originally encountered this with the BoT version included in your 40kRPG framework, but a fresh campaign and the latest version of BoT produces the same problem, all on MT v1.6.1.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats not possible (hence I think your doing something wrong). I also just tested this and couldnt recreate it. Point is that the image is swapped NOT the size of the token is changed. Can you share the campaign file where this happens and explain what you did/do?

Snavig
Kobold

Post by Snavig »

Alright, campaign is attached.
Procedure was the same as the Roofs Tutorial video,
Add OnTokenMove and EventMacros to a fresh campaign, import Bag of Tricks Table.mttable, run onCampaignLoad leaving all features ticked and settings default, add an image to the objects layer, rename it to Roof 1, run Initialize Pads, place a token on the token layer and move it onto the roof.
Attachments
example.cmpgn
(988.98 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I had a better look at it and isolated the problem. Ive already thought of a workaround, but essentially this is a MT bug so I've reported it first. When i get feedback from the devs ill see what ill do about this. Thank you for reporting!!

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”