Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Snavig
Kobold

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.44 [CoMPad 2]

Post by Snavig »

Thank you, much appreciated.

SCR41N3
Kobold

Post by SCR41N3 »

Hello! I just installed your BoT in my campaign and everything is working smoothly so far EXCEPT in the Dice Box, selecting "Each Die" under Tooltip Info doesnt change the outcome of the rolls, it still adds all dice together. There is no information displayed while hovering over the two options either. Am I missing something? This is important to use since I'm running a 5e campaign and Dis/Advantage is so prevalent.

Thanks!

SCR41N3
Kobold

Post by SCR41N3 »

SCR41N3 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:11 pm
Hello! I just installed your BoT in my campaign and everything is working smoothly so far EXCEPT in the Dice Box, selecting "Each Die" under Tooltip Info doesnt change the outcome of the rolls, it still adds all dice together. There is no information displayed while hovering over the two options either. Am I missing something? This is important to use since I'm running a 5e campaign and Dis/Advantage is so prevalent.

Thanks!
So i've figured out that the "hovering over" is referencing the total outputed to the Chat window, not inside the dice box window itself.

My follow up question is, is there an equivalent way to enter this style of roll in the dice box:[r/ 2d20k1 +5] where it will roll 2 d20, keep only the highest roll, then apply the modifier?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi, good you figured out the first and no IRC thats not part of the dicetool. I did make some improvements as I implemented it in the BoT (its not initially created by me but Rumble) but those were aimed at customizable dice sets. funky dice rolls are not supported.

SCR41N3
Kobold

Post by SCR41N3 »

krevett wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm
Indeed still need a bit of help ^^
When I open the door the vbl on the wall is removed creating a hole as you can see in the screenshots below
Door set to a standard size (large) no vbl drawn on the door, setup the door, then draw my vbl on the wall

Edit: nevermind, I just need to draw vbl on the wall BEFORE I setup the door in BoT :oops:

Edit 2: Indeed token movement is much smoother now, thanks for the help wolf!
I am having this same problem with the VBL being removed completely. However, it happens as soon as I set up the door in BoT. Even if i leave the 'REMOVE current VBL on door' box un-checked. Help!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

well as explained before: the door vbl is redundant with the introduction of the token vbl. I suggest you don't use the vbl part of the doors and only the token vbl to apply this.

krevett
Cave Troll

Post by krevett »

If some vbl is removed while you set the door just toogle open/close the door and it should be fine. It happens to me too sometimes but just open/close and everything is back to normal@

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

version j is available, a bugfix in linked eventmacros on ontokenmove and some clarifying texts added to the corresponding settings tab.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.45 [Languages]

Post by wolph42 »

NEW VERSION 45 1.5.14+ compatible (and earlier versions of 1.5)

Version 45
The new Features:
- Full overhaul of the whisperframe. It now supports languages, meaning you can send messages and only those who speak the language can understand the message. (that and other stuff)
- Added changeElevation and getRangedDistance macros. Further worked required to fully integrate, but they work. Elevation is now taken into account when using the invisibility functions.

Other changes are:
- fixed bug in ontokenmove with linked eventtriggers (these are created in lib:eventmacros and linked in the settings to the ontokenmove event)
- Also changed the naming for better understanding and added clarifying texts.
- fixed issue with resizing roofs when using the transparent roof option
- updated invisibility, need to check if it works.
- fixed macro buttons layout (removed the padding)
- fixed dicetool issue, but expect a LOT more issues due to newly introduced 'bug' in MT
- fixed switchmap issue I think 3x over
- removed [v40 history from this macro
- fixed idiot mistake in broadcast OCL (started manual when connecting to server)
- fixed division by zero bug in crowd control
- fixed all http links in the BoT (broken due to new topic or dropbox screwing things over)
- added additional argument to 'seekToken()' function to force json output

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 am
NEW VERSION 45 1.5.14+ compatible (and earlier versions of 1.5)

- updated invisibility, need to check if it works.
The Invisibility core functionality does not appear to be working correctly under 1.6.1. I loaded your campaign file, turned on Invisibility in the settings and could not get the See Invisibility to work. As far as I can tell, your approach is to give ownership to the invisible tokens when the token with see invis gets in range.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

actually Jamz changed that code and I implemnted it but did not fully test. the ownership brings issues with it so he changed it to a shadow token on object layer. In code it all looked fine and I assmumed Jamz tested this. Ill have to dive in and test to see what goes wrong. thnx for reporting!

by the way, what do you think of the language (and other addons) Ive added to your whisper frame?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:52 pm
actually Jamz changed that code and I implemnted it but did not fully test. the ownership brings issues with it so he changed it to a shadow token on object layer. In code it all looked fine and I assmumed Jamz tested this. Ill have to dive in and test to see what goes wrong. thnx for reporting!

by the way, what do you think of the language (and other addons) Ive added to your whisper frame?
Hummm... I don't see shadow token creation in the code (but I might be missing it). The one issue with an object layer token is that it then escapes the VBL restrictions (like how you can see a chair in the next room). If the shadow token is put on the Token layer that VBL blocking is preserved though the GM will have double tokens so you really want the shadow token to be behind the original.

I like the Whisper changes! This upgrade has really cool stuff though now has a learning curve. As I play around it seems the original basic functionality is still there out of the box.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I'll have to check the visibility macros, but have little time currently. got a game to prepare, but I'll delve into it soon..ish :D
and yes the whisperframe basically still works the same as you once created but has some addtional feats and thus a manual as its no longer self explanatory (at least the additional stuff).

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@Lmarkus: fixed the invis in the latest version of the bot. But I have to say that I don't understand it. Jamz had some changes in mind due to the getdistancerange of AM (takes elevation into account) and he said he also solved the issue of owenership as he'd rather had not that his players can see the stats. The fix was the use of a shadowtoken on object. BUT he did change getTokens from TOKEN to OBJECT but he never created shadow tokens. So it simply does not work. For now I've changed it back to TOKEN and everything appears to work again.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”