Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.49

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Oryan77
Dragon

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.46 [DOORS]

Post by Oryan77 »

I've used the Summon Token macro for years without issues. Now when I use it I get the message:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression abort(eval(inputStr)).
I have checked multiple campaign files on multiple versions of Maptool and for some reason I now get that error every time. I installed the latest version of BoT on my campaign file and still get the error. However, I downloaded the BoT campaign file and the summon token macro works just fine there. I'm not sure what has changed.

Here is a copy of my campaign file: Campaign File

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

before I delve into this, ill first ask the obvious question: have you ran 'diagnose' on your campaign file (its part of the bot macros)

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

wolph42 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 am
before I delve into this, ill first ask the obvious question: have you ran 'diagnose' on your campaign file (its part of the bot macros)
Oh man, I forgot you had created that diagnose macro a while back. I just used it and found several tokens that I created last year that had commas and apostrophes in them. I must not have paid attention to that at the time. Thank you for reminding me about the obvious. :oops:

I removed those tokens and it worked fine. So I just need to rename them properly. Uhg, I've always hated this limitation with naming tokens for this exact reason. I knew I would do this one day. That's what happens when I go a long period of time without using MT. :cry:

Thanks man!

Railock
Kobold

Post by Railock »

I tried to download the special pad zip file and got a 404 error from dropbox, is there any other way to get those files to install the full bag of tricks?

Railock
Kobold

Post by Railock »

No problem, thanks for the awesome work you are doing on this.

Scubba
Cave Troll

Post by Scubba »

Thanks for the great work, I finally decided to try out the BoT and there is a lot of great stuff in there.

Small nitpick: the "seekToken" macro in v.46 has some debugging code left in that pops up a couple of dialogs with variable values. Easy enough to remove, but worth cleaning up for ... v.47?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.47 [SOUNDPADS]

Post by wolph42 »

NEW VERSION 47 1.7.0+ compatible (and earlier versions of 1.7)

New Features
Added SoundPads as originally designed by Blackwing. Soundpads stream sounds to specific clients, volume is based on the distance the token is from the pad.

Fixes
- bugfixes in switch map
- removed debug code from seektoken
- added hilltopVBL function to libeventmacro
- added bot_owner() and bot_nowner() functions to the BoT
- bug fix in embarkation
- bug fix in onmultipletokensmove icw a post move trigger macro

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:15 pm
New Features
Added SoundPads as originally designed by Blackwing. Soundpads stream sounds to specific clients, volume is based on the distance the token is from the pad.
I'm guessing that this is something that was released on Discord?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:58 pm
yup you can find the anouncement at discord as well.
I know this isn't BoT specific, but I guess what I was looking to confirm was that discord was where the original Soundpads drop-in was released... which is further evidence that discord seems to be the location of choice for new mods. You're certainly making an effort to bring some new stuff to the forums but it seems like most new development is primarily (exclusively?) releasing there.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

yes... well I release everything in dropbox so as soon as update the file its released everywhere where theres a link, so here too. It just updating the info and this still is a better medium for me to keep all the crap together (e.g.: OP). but yes, they're the same and I updated discord first :D

EDIT: fixed a bug in soundpads, update version 47b

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”