Rod's 'Drop-In' Markdown Notebook

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

moonmilk
Kobold

Re: Rod's 'Drop-In' Markdown Notebook

Post by moonmilk »

rtakehara wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Bernie_McGee wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:26 pm
Hi Rod! Thanks for your work on this macro, it really fills in a feature I was looking for.

Is it possible to create a link to other notebook entries? I tried

Code: Select all

[link](1.Welcome@Lib:Notebook)
which of course didn't work (I didn't really expect it too). I also tried

[link](render@Lib:Notebook "libName=1.Welcome;libLocation=Lib:Notebook")
but that didn't work either. I'm brand new to macros in Maptool, so I apologize if the answer is somewhat obvious!
I don't know which version you are using, but the latest one (2.4.3) supports linking to itself, yes!

it would be like this

[Setup Page](note "1. Getting Started@Notes")
were "Notes" after the "@" is the name of the notebook, and "1. Getting Started" is the title of the page

It can be done in the old version (1.22.2) too, probably, but its more complicated and I kinda abandoned that version, the new one uses the same syntax though so you should be fine, here's the link
I've got a quick question about linking. Is it possible to create a macro that directly opens to a notebook entry?

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

Figured it out. Found an example of what I was looking for on 2.5.6 :)

Here's the bit of code I used to make it work for future people out there!

[h:value=getLibProperty("Value","Lib:Welcome")]
[h:description=json.get(value,"1. Welcome")]

[h,if(isGM()==1):share=0;share=1]

[macro("Content@Lib:Notebook"):"key=1. Welcome;description="+encode(description)+";tokenName=Lib:Welcome;share="+share]
Cheers and Happy New Year everyone!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

So I was looking for a way to write notes down in my campaign, and I stumbles across this lib.

I tried it out but have a question: Is this formatting correctly?

When I click on the inventory note, it strings all the text together, but when I edit it, it recalled the formatting that I originally typed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Thx!

Note Example.JPG
Note Example.JPG (38.7 KiB) Viewed 659 times
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

dorpond wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:40 pm

I tried it out but have a question: Is this formatting correctly?
I believe (so not 100%) that text needs to be formatted with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown. I thought he had a link in there somewhere maybe in help with some detail on it.

rtakehara
Cave Troll

Post by rtakehara »

Jmr3366 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:33 am
I believe (so not 100%) that text needs to be formatted with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown. I thought he had a link in there somewhere maybe in help with some detail on it.
Exactly, so to insert a line break, either separate the two lines with an extra line, or add two spaces in the end of the line, like this:

Example a: line 1

Line 2

Example b: line 1 (notice the two spaces --->)  
line 2

Example A is, in HTML, equivalent to a paragraph (<p>) while Example B is a line break (<br>) but 90% of the time the result is similar

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
I have to admit, I am not one for reading instructions, so I am sure it was said somewhere... :P :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”