Smart Doors - macro enhanced doors with Vision Blocking

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

bubblobill
Giant

Smart Doors - macro enhanced doors with Vision Blocking

Post by bubblobill »

Alert: Smart Doors have been Nerfed, don't bother.

A set of door tokens that open and shut
Each door token contains its own vision blocking and macros.

Here is what they look like.
Doors Closed
Spoiler
Doors Open
Spoiler
There are currently two sets of doors; v1.3.3 and v1.3.3_compatible.
v1.3.3_compatible can be operated by players and should be used on earlier versions of MT
v1.3.3 doors do more but will only work on MT 1.7+, may not be operable by players

The doors are set up for use in different languages but there is only one language until people contribute translations.

Smart Doors can be operate as Swing doors or Sliding doors and have settings that allow you to control the direction of swing and the opening arc.
Smart Doors can be locked and unlocked, peeked through, partially opened, or linked in pairs to act as a set of double doors.

Here is an example of a Smart Door's macros:
Spoiler
which include simple instructions:
Spoiler
Doors are available on GitHub
Smart_Doors_1.3.3.zip MT 1.7+ (GM only)
Smart_Doors_1.3.3_compatible.zip MT <1.7 <-- most reliable

Smart_Door_Trap_v1.3.3.rptok
Last edited by bubblobill on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:23 am, edited 14 times in total.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

bubblobill
Giant

Re: Smart Doors - macro enhanced doors with Vision Blocking

Post by bubblobill »

reserved
Bubblobill on the forum.

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

reserved
Bubblobill on the forum.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

I'm finally getting around to incorporating this in my framework and I ran into an issue.

I don't give my players access to the Campaign Macro panel. In fact, I've removed all reliance on MTs macro buttons/windows and they do everything through their character sheet. But when I create a macrolink to the Door and Door* macros that I've placed in either the Campaign macros or on a Lib token when I click on the macrolinks from the player's character sheet I get an error that says, "You do not have permission to call the "broadcast" function."

Sample macrolinks:

[r: macroLink("Peek", "Door*@Lib:SmartDoors", "all", "", "selected")]
[r: macroLink("Open", "Door@campaign", "all", "", "selected")]

I'm guessing it has something to do with running the macros from the target token through the campaign macro window? Not sure. I generally run everything through lib tokens. Is there some easy way to fix this issue?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:00 am
turn off 'allow players to edit macro' in the macro panel
That's not on anywhere.

UPDATE: I went ahead and modified the drop-in to use a lib token and moved most of the action to a user defined function. Problem solved for my usecase.

Great drop-in!
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

Awesome macro! My players are really going to dig this! Thanks for developing it!

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

I do have question about the double doors feature though. Attached is a gif of what's happening.

I'm not too sure about the macro code behind the scenes but I'm wondering if this is working as intended? In this case, I want the right door to swing open from along the right wall/frame, instead of kind of floating in the middle of the doorway. Editing the "Label" field is doing something but I'm unsure what to change it to to get the door to open from the opposite wall. I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks for reading my post!
Attachments
smartdoor.gif
smartdoor.gif (121.89 KiB) Viewed 6941 times

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

Rotate the door on the right 180 degrees.
Change its swing arc to the opposite of whatever it is now. e.g. -110 to 110.
It will then hinge on the right and still open away from the token.
Bubblobill on the forum.

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

Thanks for the assistance!

ChalupasRGood
Kobold

Post by ChalupasRGood »

Is there any way to use these macros with your own door assets?

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

ChalupasRGood wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 am
Is there any way to use these macros with your own door assets?
Easy enough for solid swing doors where the vision blocking is total, just swap out the image in token properties (you may have to fiddle with placement and zoom, pay attention to the existing placement before doing so).
For things like bars and so forth I would advise finding an existing Smart Door with the best-fit. They probably won't line up as nicely with vision blocking but should still be adequate.
Bubblobill on the forum.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”