The Inn Generator v1.28

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

The Inn Generator v1.28

Post by wolph42 »

It's been a long while since I posted here but, we (Reverend, Melek and Wolph42) proudly present the Maptools Inn Generator.

HOW TO USE THIS
This map is standalone. That means you can load it, use it and remove it from your campaign file without issue. Just keep in mind that when you do this you either:
- run 'onCampaignLoad' macro (yelllow, under '50. tools' group OR
- save and reload the campaign file
so the macros are initialized.
To load an MT map: go to menu-->Map-->Import Map
To delete an MT map: go to menu-->Map-->delete...
Given that this map is rather 'asset heavy' (=its big) my adivice is to do exactly that: load it, run OCL, create a couple of Inns, place them on other maps and remove this map again.
How?
Here a short step by step of the basic process:
1. There is a token on this map (upper left of the red area) with a wolf on it. Select or impersonate that. Then check the 'selection' or 'impersonation' panel.
2. At the top you will find two blue buttons: the manual and generate inn. Those two are basically the only ones you really need.
3. Generate an inn, it will appear in the (red) 'construction area'
4. At the top left corner of the generated Inn you will see a 'stone brown corner piece' (on the TOKEN layer). This is the 'InnStant'. You can create multiple InnStants HOWEVER its important that you copy paste it (anywhere you like) BEFORE you generate the next Inn. This because the original InnStant will be deleted as soon as you generate a new Inn.
5. rince and repeat 3 and 4 as often as you want.
6. The InnStant represents the Upper left of you Inn and you can place them anywhere in your campaign file (so also on other maps). To employ them:
a. put them where you want the Inn (token layer is fine)
b. select the InnStant
c. go to the selection panel
d. here you find three buttons 'InnStant' and 'deInnStall' (lights currently dont work, working on it), hit the 'InnStant' macro and the Inn will appear

One really important drawback however is that Inns can ONLY BE CONSTRUCTED ON 100px map!!. Usually not a big deal but this is important. On any other map you will get an error message. To set the map to 100px: menu --> map --> edit map --> set 'pixels per cell' to '100'.

THATS IT!

Now you can delete the Inn Generator Map from your campaign file
Keep in mind that the InnStants can ONLY construct the Inn while the Inn generator Map is in your campaign file!!This because it needs the assets on that map (floor, table, bar, lights, pillar, etc.) as these are only present on that map. After you constructed the Inn(s) you can safely delete the Inn Generator Map.

DOWNLOAD LINK

On request some pretty pics, created during our building process:
screenshots
On request:

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: The Inn Generator

Post by Elorebaen »

Awesome job, Reverend, Melek and Wolph42!!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: The Inn Generator

Post by wolph42 »

thanks!

and first update has just been released, forgot to remove bot references, so without an installed BoT it won't work... now it will.

krevett
Cave Troll

Re: The Inn Generator v1.24

Post by krevett »

Incredibly useful and so easy to use, nice work guys!!

krevett
Cave Troll

Re: The Inn Generator v1.24

Post by krevett »

wolph42 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 pm
good to hear, I still wasnt sure how user friendly it is, always hard with stuff that you create yourself.
Indeed most of the time I have a hard time figuring out what others have done but this one took me less than 5min to get my first inn done!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: The Inn Generator v1.25

Post by wolph42 »

small update v 1.25
- fixed lights
- removed bot_ not installed bug from InnStant function
- added new sorted patrons (still lots to sort)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: The Inn Generator v1.28

Post by wolph42 »

big update:

Version 1.28
- rewritten patron token build up.
- added 'mix patrons' factor to the patron panel. Now its possible to have a mix of different races and genders in a group. (frikkin hard to program though)
- more male human tokens added to the mix

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

wolph,

I keep generating the same Inn. I must be missing something. Going to look into it further and then check back in. Probably just user error :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

if you keep using the same 'innstant' then yes, you keep ending up with the same inn as thats the whole point of it.
however if you use the generator, then its close to impossible to get the same inn. But else change some settings to see what happens.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”