Library Token: Dice Box

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

ShirraWhitefur
Kobold

Re: Library Token: Dice Box

Post by ShirraWhitefur »

Just a quick 'Thanks!'. I've got some.. well.. technology impaired players, and with this and the framework for our game that others built up, the amount they have to learn has amounted to 'Click some very clear to understand buttons'. ^_^

- Shirra

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I updated my RollDice modified code (above) to include D100 rolls and this will only show the die images if the tables are loaded, otherwise it shows numbers. So this is now a safe tweak to make to the library for anyone using it.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I'm not sure if I broke something, but I am not able to get the dice box to display individual rolls. It is also showing massive amounts of successes for a target number of 5 on 5d6 (anywhere from 12 to 15 successes).

MapTool 1.3b86
Min: 256M
Max: 1024M
Stack: 6M

Java 6, Update 26
Vista 64
MapTool installed to a non UAC controlled volume.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The individual rolls option only shows them in the hover tool tip, so mouse over to see them.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Ahh. Okay. I see. Thanks for the prompt reply.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Rumble, I wrote an alternate dice frame that has a few different options. Would you mind if I posted that here or should I start a new topic? I built it when yours did not do all that I wanted it to (Shadowrun 4 style Glitches and Edge re-rolls, individual rolls output, and the ability to hide the total). I used resources from your diceBox so I wanted to make sure it was okay with your before dropping it down. Thanks.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

nolgroth wrote:Rumble, I wrote an alternate dice frame that has a few different options. Would you mind if I posted that here or should I start a new topic? I built it when yours did not do all that I wanted it to (Shadowrun 4 style Glitches and Edge re-rolls, individual rolls output, and the ability to hide the total). I used resources from your diceBox so I wanted to make sure it was okay with your before dropping it down. Thanks.
Not a problem at all. By all means, please post it wherever you think it'll get in the hands of people who want it! I don't mind if you put it here but it might get more eyeballs as its own topic (and, you won't get discussion of the two mixed together).

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Rumble wrote:
nolgroth wrote:Rumble, I wrote an alternate dice frame that has a few different options. Would you mind if I posted that here or should I start a new topic? I built it when yours did not do all that I wanted it to (Shadowrun 4 style Glitches and Edge re-rolls, individual rolls output, and the ability to hide the total). I used resources from your diceBox so I wanted to make sure it was okay with your before dropping it down. Thanks.
Not a problem at all. By all means, please post it wherever you think it'll get in the hands of people who want it! I don't mind if you put it here but it might get more eyeballs as its own topic (and, you won't get discussion of the two mixed together).
Thanks. My main concern was that it used your resources (icons) and did not want to step on toes. :)

Soultroubadour
Cave Troll

Post by Soultroubadour »

Thanks for making this handy tool :)

Shondoa
Kobold

Post by Shondoa »

Would someone be able to reupload the files somewhere please? The links in the original post just lead me to a 404.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Here is Rumble's Dice Box with my modifications.

https://app.box.com/s/h0wvkd4qz3iesfpizngq
Last edited by lmarkus001 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

lmarkus, I tried using your token, and get this error:

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
       Statement options (if any): h
       Statement Body : dbxLaunchIt()
I added it to an empty campaign.
Then saved and reopened the campaign.
I added the launch dicebox button to campaign macros, and tried to run it, and got the above error.

I am using b90, so I then added the lib90fix token (for json.sort) just in case, saved and reloaded, and still the same error.

Any ideas?
MapTools Forks: Thread

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

MeMeMe wrote:lmarkus, I tried using your token, and get this error:

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
       Statement options (if any): h
       Statement Body : dbxLaunchIt()
I added it to an empty campaign.
Then saved and reopened the campaign.
I added the launch dicebox button to campaign macros, and tried to run it, and got the above error.

I am using b90, so I then added the lib90fix token (for json.sort) just in case, saved and reloaded, and still the same error.

Any ideas?
Yeah two things:
1) It also needs the NewDice table to be added to the campaign file (I updated the link and included that table).
2) Under b90beta with Java7-64bit it seems to need a 4MB stack!!! It runs with a 3MB stack under b87.

New Download: DiceBox

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

The missing table was the issue. Thanks :)
MapTools Forks: Thread

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”