Use in a play by post game

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

Jennyjellybean
Kobold

Use in a play by post game

Post by Jennyjellybean »

I'm not even sure this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I'm getting ready to start a play by post game based on Vampire the Masquerade. One thing I'm looking for for the site is a dice-roller I can embed in the forums - so that players would click a button and it would run the program but make it so that the result isn't known until the post is posted. (Not sure how much sense that makes) Does anyone have any idea on either where I can find something like that or how I can code one myself? Or even if the source code for THIS tool can be used for something like that? Thanks in advance.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Use in a play by post game

Post by CoveredInFish »

There are dice rollers for many well-known forum engines. Best to search for those. Since I run only a Vanilla based forum I can only recommend on if you use vanilla as well. But there are others out there! I think I even found once a online dice rolling service that lets you roll dice on their web page and creates a link that you could post in forum that leads to the rolled result. I forgot the link, sry.

The diceTool code is probably total overkill for a forum based online rpg but its hardly to include into any forum easily since it a Java application and not some javascript dice tool. Of course somewhere in the source code you'll probably find how you could write omething like this ;)

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Re: Use in a play by post game

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

http://4e.orokos.com/roll/

Can be used to roll more than just dice for D&D. Keeps a public viewable history of the rolls too.

Return to “DiceTool”