Question

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

GMdave
Cave Troll

Question

Post by GMdave »

I have a barbarian with 3 attacks, Making a Tab for him in Dice tool. I would like to get the result of Just the d20 roll in the roll section and the total D20 Plus all the modifiers in the total. and have it list all three attacks in a group, but not total the results. Look something like this

Label..............Roll...........Total
d20+16...............16............32
d20+11................10...........21
d20+6..................17...........23

Get this by pressing one button in tabs.

I would like just the d20 number so I can quickly tell if any hit was a criticle, ( be a cool feature if you could have the box shaded differently if a certain number was met ie.. 19 or 20 )

What I have done so far gives me roll with the bonus added in. I am sure there is a way to do this, I just can not figure it out now.

I hope I made myself clear :?

Thanks
Dave

GMdave
Cave Troll

Post by GMdave »

rereading the manual I do not think this can be done. Bummer

Dave

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

If your crit range is 19-20 try this:

att(19)+20

This will roll a d20 and tell you whether you rolled a 19 or 20. Then you can double-click on the roll to back it up.
~Giliath

GMdave
Cave Troll

Post by GMdave »

Ok, this is showing prommise I goofed around with this, put it in just as you said, and evidently when I rolled a 20 in the label it said "hit/threat" every now and then I got "miss". Now this is cool, but I have no idea what is going on. How does it know I miss if I never told it what I need to hit? I love the idea that it tells me when i may threat a crit, Just not sure how to implement this fully, but you have got me on the right track, thanks :D :D

I never saw mention of "att" in the mnaual, what is it and what does it do?

thanks
Dave

GMdave
Cave Troll

Post by GMdave »

When I put in att(19)+20 it seems to be adding the 19 to the 20 because when the roll is 40 it gives me a "hit/threat" result in the label feild. Just an observation I wanted to point out, not sure what to do about it.

Dave

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

att(X) is a simple replacement for d20 that adds a label in these conditions:
1) hit/threat when the d20=20
2) threat when the d20>=X
3) miss when the d20 rolls a 1

The result should be the d20 rolled + the modifier. So in the case of att(19)+20, a 40 means you rolled a natural 20 on the d20.
~Giliath

GMdave
Cave Troll

Post by GMdave »

Got it!! :D :D It makes sence now. So by putting 19 in the () you are telling it to be a threat at 19 or 20, correct?

Thanks for all your help it is deeply appriciated

Dave

Return to “DiceTool”