4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Moderator: Lethys

Re'ozul
Kobold

Re: 4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Post by Re'ozul »

EDIt: deleted due to apparently being too tired to read all posts correctly.

Well, if its here I can use it anyway.

How long do 4th ed humans normally live?
If its real medieval age (30-40) I could have my character have his "encounter" in his 19-23 and the mental resonance starts to set in 49 (7*7) years later (The longer people live the longer he would have to actually wander to truly be unknown to people, aside from his changing tick)

Edit: Also, can we take a background (I always find those confusing, but they are an advantage)

Also:

"lightning rail lines" As a SciFi fan i cannot help but think: "two more steps and those elven bastards will start shooting everyone with railguns".

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

I always assumed that a world with healing potions and others forms of magical healing would have an increased lifespan in the same way modern medicine has increased ours. Checking PHB1, it gives an average lifespan of 75 years. Though I personally think around 49 years later for your character would work.

As for background feats, I guess I'll allow each player to take one.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Just wondering if we plan to meet tonight; maybe nor for a true session but for some to work on their power macros? If so, what server name and password we using for this Campaign?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Server is up. I've send the name and pass in pm. We'll be starting with everyone in limbo and if we can get everything set up, we might be able to start on the actual campaign tonight. If you have problems connecting, just post here.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Session 1:
Kithri:275 xp
Saeros275 xp
Leopold: 275 xp
The Forgotten: 275 xp

Loot over the two encounters: 30 gp and 100 sp
Aegis Blade +1 (Saeros)
Most of the gold came from the thugs you beat up, with the bandits carrying little.
Gold divides up to 7 gp and 25 sp per person, 2 gp left over.

Surprisingly, the first encounter was actually worth more xp then the second.

Hibiki54
Kobold

Post by Hibiki54 »

Looking for another player?

I'm a team player and if your group has a role to be filled I am willing to plug it.

Thursdays are great for me and since you start at 7pm CST that will be 5pm PST for me. Works out great.

I'm new to maptools but I've place 4E since it came out and play regularly on the weekends. I can be a party asset.

Tomalak
Kobold

Post by Tomalak »

What he said ^^.

I've been playing 4e for a good while now, and am familiar with Defender and Leader roles from the inside, and have DMd quite a bit too. I consider myself familiar with all the basic mechanics and at least passingly aware of all classes and their abilities. I'm comfortable adopting any role, and have been playing PbP for more than a year.

If you've got space I'll fill any gaps in your party, and though I am new to your forums (this thread popped up on a Google search) I've used a couple other forums for PbP and am sure I'll get used to it here np.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

I've since had someone else confirm a wild sorc and if the two of you are willing to join just pm me your char sheet. As of now we have two strikers and one of each other role, made up of a swordmage, rogue, warlord, psion, and sorc.

As of this post, I'll be closing recruitment.

Hibiki54
Kobold

Post by Hibiki54 »

I'm going to back down and let Tomalak join you. Seems like your group needs a real controller, ie Wizard or Invoker.

Tomalak
Kobold

Post by Tomalak »

Really, I was thinking you might need a dedicated healer. I haven't seen the Warlord's sheet, but I've played them quite often, and they usually aren't so much healing as party support. I'll build both (leader and Controller) and let you guys pick.

Tomalak
Kobold

Post by Tomalak »

What deities are you using? (Core, Eberron, or Custom?)

Tomalak
Kobold

Post by Tomalak »

Are you familiar with this 3-rd party product? http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=63654(Flaws and Merits by Alea Publishing Group). I like it, and feel it helps cover a flaw in the existing fourth edition setting. If you are familiar, do you allow it?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with it.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Game is still on, same time, at 7 PM central, tonight. Same name and password. I'll be setting up the server an hour early, as I'll usually do.

After jumping off the train, with evening having already arrived, the party settles down to camp for the night. As the group set up, they're guide, the cleric Cahir, couldn't help but keep talking.

“Keep note of the creatures you fought on the train. They come to be known as the Shadow Reapers, although they themselves prefer to be called the Riven. However, most clerics and leaders have found it easier to demonize them and gather people up to slaughter them with the name Shadow Reaper. These are a people who are able to wield a different kind of magic from most, and I'm sure you can guess what kind of magic that is. Their natural talents make them especially skilled at thievery and assassination, something that others have begun noticing aswell...

“After all, how else do you think they managed to board undetected. In dark light, they have the ability to blur, and depending on their own ability, can go from translucent all the way to invisible. While I doubt they'll try to go after us right after a train robbery, we can't be too careful out here.

“They only began appearing within the last few centuries. There is little record of where exactly they came from, and if you believe the old myths, it's said that they're infused with the essence of the demon Rasha, though others suspect that that's nothing more then the rantings of some overzealous clergy. Either way, when they manage to suppress or hide their talents, they'll appear just like normal humans.”

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Connection issues at the moment, trying to get it fixed.

Return to “Antium”