4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Moderator: Lethys

Re'ozul
Kobold

Re: 4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Post by Re'ozul »

On one hand this is bad.
On the other hand I'm kinda relieved that the timeout issue wasn't on my end.
Good luck.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Problem solved, I think.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

Lethys
Dragon

Re: 4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays (closed)

Post by Lethys »

Here is a brief overview of public knowledge in this world. If you have additional questions, or need help to formulate a backstory, just let me know.

The eastern continent is dominated by the Eladrin nation of Lemuria. Being the only race with strong and consistent magical ability, they've expanded their reach of power across the globe. What they haven't conquered through sheer strength of magic, they manipulate though the power of global trade, holding the worlds monopoly of magical items.

Despite the power of the nation, Lemuria itself lacks strong, centralized power. While a monarch holds the official title of ruler, the true power is in the hands of the six great houses, each of whom effectively act as an independent nation. The six houses constantly plot against each other, make alliances with and manipulate the distant independent human nations, and create proxy wars all in an effort to hurt their rivals. They aim to one day subdue the others, and claim the throne of Lemuria for their own house.

Enter the church of Karellen.

Sometimes called the seventh Great House, the church is as old as recorded history itself The church has often found itself under the influence of the houses, but has also acted as a neutral faction and mediator.

However, about a year ago, the leader of the church, Lord High Priest Zephyr, began making charges of heresy against a sect of the church, known as the Eleusinians. This sect was known for their belief that the current Lemurians carry too much human blood in them, and are impure, inferior versions of their past selves, and saw it as their duty recreate the old Lemurian form. Zephyr used these allegations to set the stage for a battle of control over the great houses.

On the human dominated western continent, war broke out between the wealthy nation of Antium, and the militaristic nation of Miletus. Through Lemurian assistance and magic weapon shipments, along side brilliant tactical maneuvers of Antium's general Marius, the nation of Antium was able to crush Miletus and for them into submission. But rumor has it there are still resistance forces in Miletus, fighting to free themselves from Antium, and with an eye of revenge against Lemuria, for robbing them of victory.

Aside that war, a cult was beginning to rise among the oppressed Riven, a race with an affinity for Shadow magic. The cult leader, Altair, declared that the Riven were the true children of the god Karellen, and declared a holy war against the Lemurians. Soon after, reports of attacks by strange creates described as “Shadow Wolves” began to surface, among both human and Lemurian lands, which Altair took credit for. Lord High Priest Zephyr declared these creatures to be minions of the demon Rasha, a shadow god the Riven are commonly associated with among populous. He used these accusations to assert further control over Lemuria.

And this is only what the public knows. In the middle of all of this, the party works to untangle a web of lies and deceit left by Zephyr, all while trying to stop Altair before more innocents suffer at his hands.

New party members will start as recently employed under Lord Sereth of the Lemurian Great House Seleucos.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

Moroi
Giant

Post by Moroi »

This game is incredible.... I look forward to my Thursday nights like a fiend!
"Darkness follows in my wake..."

Return to “Antium”