4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Moderator: Lethys

Lethys
Dragon

4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Post by Lethys »

*Status as of July 9*
Party full. This world takes some elements from Eberron, such as lightning rail and airships with additional magitek elements. Here, magical ability is passed down by blood and is quite rare among most races, but common among others(Eladrin).

All Classes available on the character builder are allowed.. All races from PHB 1, 2, and 3 are allowed, other races requiring permission. I'll be aiming for a balance of RP and combat. If you have any questions, just pm me and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Lethys on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

Lethys
Dragon

Re: 4E DnD Homebrew, thursdays

Post by Lethys »

Some additional information.
Alignment is limited to non-evil, with standard point buy, starting from level 1. We'll also be using our own framework.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

I'm up for another game to be a player in. :D

I've got a halfling rogue just about ready to go.

Brendar_Hessen
Kobold

Post by Brendar_Hessen »

if you moved it to friday I could play. That that would be up to you.

If ya did, I'd do either a minotaur fighter (with permission), or something a long the lines of a swashbuckler type with focus on the rapier.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

I could do Friday, though Thursday is preferred. However, if the others who have already signed up are willing, I can move it.

Those who haven't already, please send me your backgrounds.

Current Party:
Eladrin Swordmage
Halfling Rogue
Human Warlord (Inspiring)
One undecided.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I'd be very interested in playing, but I couldn't do Thursday. Friday would be fine.
I'm tentatively considering a dwarven artificer, but I'm willing to fill in any necessary party roles. Let me know if you change the day, and I'll submit a character sheet.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

From the responses of the other players, I've decided to remain on Thursday nights. For anyone else interested, we still have space so just let me know.

JUGGERNAUT477
Kobold

Post by JUGGERNAUT477 »

I'd be intrested in this,I am new to D&D and Maptools,but if you are ok with that I can make almost any times.I am fine with playing any role needed.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Sure that's no problem. So long as you have access to PHB 1 and maptools isn't hard to learn. We currently don't have a controller though I won't mind if you wish to play something else.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Lethys wrote:Those who haven't already, please send me your backgrounds.
Micro-background...

Kithri was born into an extended family of halflings the travels from place to place plying goods and services (sort of liek gypsies). As a whole, the group is called the Branddal Train. (FYI, 3.5 races of wild translates Brand-Dal as Adventurous Home).

Kithri's father is one of the fighters that protect the Train as they travel, and her mther is a 'wise-woman' who sees to the Trains ills and infirmities. While Kithri doe snot have a larcenous nature, her curiosity often got the better of her, wanting to know what is inside locked chests and beyond locked doors.

Without some firmer details on the world, it's hard to say just what drove her to be an adventurer rather than staying with her clan. Perhaps some Sign from the world's goddess of luck (Avandra equivalent), perhaps her train was attacked by people who weren't bandits, and she broke off to find out why. Or perhaps it was just her keen curiosity that drove her to join an interesting expedition.

[I was sure I PM'd this rather than posting it :shock: ...oh well... :wink: ]
Last edited by tygaran on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

Would your scenario make it possible to play a psion?
Either tiefling or changeling?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Psions are allowed, and the source of such an ability would be from birth. Tieflings are allowed, their numbers mysteriously increasing over the past decades, often being born from non Tiefling parents. Additionally, they are one of the races with high rates of magical talent.

As for changlings, they don't really have a place in this setting, though if your really set on playing one, I'm sure I could find some way to fit them in. Most likely as some mysterious innate ability instead of an actual race.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

Actually, my changeling being a possibly unique being would work well with my rough backstory so far.

It could be modified to this: (bullet points)

Cursed by Powerful being for doing something it considers vile (considering the punishment, a nearly forgotten deity potentially cursed him due to defacing what little knowledge of it was left with vile tales either for laughs or money as a storyteller [a job where memory is important]). Being slowed his aging and gave him a further gift.
Retrograde source amnesia.
(Does not remember places well and forgets any actual memories after a few years only retaining vague ideas, also has little knowledge of his appearance and often shifts into beings that appear interesting)
Constantly walks through the land often going to the same place but not being recognized due to having another appearance every time.
Searches for something that will help his memory, not necessarily restore it, but stabilize it at least. (possible epic target: Opal ring of remembrance, not due to effect but name).
He has been wandering for so long and changing into all sorts of creatures so often, that he started being able to influence them (call it mental resonance if you will, I will be making a telepath psion)

scaldnot
Cave Troll

Post by scaldnot »

I am interested in a game during the weekday (Thursday works well). Do you need a control or second striker class?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Cursed by Powerful being for doing something it considers vile (considering the punishment, a nearly forgotten deity potentially cursed him due to defacing what little knowledge of it was left with vile tales either for laughs or money as a storyteller [a job where memory is important]). Being slowed his aging and gave him a further gift.
Gives me ideas. :D I'm certain I'll be able to fit that into the story. Never seen a Psion in action before so this should be interesting.

At this point every role is filled so any future characters can feel free to choose whatever they want. I'm hoping to get this game going on the 14th, provided everyone is ready to go.

Some additional background:
The campaign begins in the nation of Antium, with the militant country of Miletus to the west and the independent Eladrin city-state of Cyrene on an island not far off the southeast coast. Miletus has recently been active in expanding its borders, with most of its attention towards the west and north, though there is fear in Antium that they may soon turn there attention eastward.

Across the ocean to the east, is the Eladrin Kingdom of Lemuria, who within the last century, thanks to the development of their magical Corsair ships, have greatly increase contact and trade with the nations of this continent. At present they are the primary exporter of magical weapons and potions, among other magical/magitek items, and have even begun the construction of lightning rail lines. With this, the noble houses of Lemuria have begun putting their hands in all sorts of affairs, and have even been accused of fostering conflict between nations.

Religion in this world is similar to that of Eberron, with the gods themselves having little direct effect over the world, but with religious organization holding considerable influence.

Hope I'll be able to keep things interesting, just let me know if you have any questions.

Return to “Antium”