General Chat

Moderator: Lethys

Lethys
Dragon

General Chat

Post by Lethys »

This is our new subforum. Anything OOC related goes here. I have another thread for setting information and rping. Also, if there are any items specifically that you want, pm them to me, else I'm just guessing. :P
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

scaldnot
Cave Troll

Re: General Chat

Post by scaldnot »

You've been busy... nice!

I enjoyed Thursday evening's game and look forward at finishing the adventure in the ruins. Until then. :)

TXBeowulf
Kobold

Post by TXBeowulf »

Well then, this seems the best place to announce who we are :p

TXBeowulf = Saeros, Eladrin Swordmage from Cyrene. I'll work more on backround once I know more about Cyrene, but I presume Saeros is an errant student of one of several (perhaps 3?) rival schools of sword magic. Naturally, the School which teaches Ensnarement (or whatever it ends up being called) is the best school, and Saeros is eager to prove this in non-lethal duels with students of the other schools at the slightest provocation.

poyodiablo
Giant

Post by poyodiablo »

So is this this where we post our complaints? :twisted:

J/K :P
Anyways poyodiablo = Leopold, human warlord
Here's his background for anyone who's interested
Spoiler
Leopold comes from Miletus, a militant nation. His father is a great general and one of the leaders of his people. They live by the motto "Cowards survive, strongest thrive." Groomed to be a general like his father, Leopold was put in charge of a small unit of warriors in his first battle. They were all wiped out, except for him and another survivor. He realized the mistake was that even though they were outnumbered, they wouldn't disobey the orders given to them or else they would be punished for cowardice.
Shaken by the experience, Leopold then decided to leave his people and try to prove to them that perhaps fear and blind obedience is not the way. Instead he hopes to lead through inspiration and loyalty. Then one day, he may return to them with a better way.
PLAYING (Maptool) - Antium (D&D4E) | Clash of the Burning Gods (D&D4E) | The Old Republic (SWSE)
LISTENING (Actual Plays) - Of Steam, Steel & Murder | Celestial Crusade | Gutter Skypes | Monkeys Took My Jetpack | Nerdbound | Roleplaying Public Radio | Icosahedrophilia | RPGMP3.com

scaldnot
Cave Troll

Post by scaldnot »

scaldnot = Ezking Ubermour, Human Wild Sorcerer

Once I am at my other computer, I will update with his background. Until Thursday.

Background:
Spoiler
During a spring rain storm many years ago, a hooded stranger rode into Tantamar wandering the streets searching for something. A number of times this figure dismounted from their horse peering down the alleyway sensing movement. With a flash, a sudden crack of thunder pierced above and struck a building the next row over. Entering the street the figure scanned the rooftops stopping before a home as a lightning rod smoulders high above.

Knocking at the residence the door bursts open with a man standing at the frame and exclaims, "It's a BOY!" After a moment the man looks puzzled at the stranger before him when a small chest is thrust forward. He takes the chest and stares as the stranger now atop his horse. The figure looks upward and points. Walking out into the heavy rain the man turns to witness the roof of his home is now on fire.

As an alarm bell begins ringing in the distance the hooded figure leaves Tantamar under cover of the storm.

Nearly three decades later, Ezking Ubermour leaves Tantamar searching for an anwser of a locked chest his parents claimed belongs to him from the time of his birth. These last years he further developed his arcane talent and began helping those in need as he continues his search for the hooded stranger.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

Re'ozul = Bob (The Forgotten)

Changeling Psion

Background:
Spoiler
He has forgotten his name as well as near everything about himself even his true gender, though his attraction towards the female sex remains.
He can only remember that something he did in the past angered an immensly powerful being. A being that in retaliation cursed him to never be able to retain memories for long.
His body was altered so that he could assume the shape of any creature of his approximate size. Sadly due to not remembering his own face or body he is doomed to change his appearance based on those he encounters. At first he tried to keep track of the flow of time by notching different sticks for different amounts of time that had passed, but when he lost them while running from wild beasts one time he could not find the strenght to retrieve them. It had lost meaning anyhow as his body seemingly did not age anymore leaving only a miasma of time that he waded through a process without meaning to him. He forgot any other language than the one spoken as a common dialect and even his hope of being recognized by villages he had already come through but had forgotten about was dashed when realizing that he most likely always looked different each time.
It now has been many years since that fateful day and only recently did he notice that he could feel and influence the minds of others. At first he was frightened and did not know how his could be possible. Luckily his intellect had not been affected by his other changes and he was free to theorize. Coming to the conclusion that his constant shifting into others may have been the deciding factor in his powers, he started to hone them in hope they will allow him to also better control his own mind.

Personality:
Laid back, not worrying much about anything (Things always move, he forgets, what is the point of worrying about anything long-term).
Sympathizes strongly with the old and forgotten.

Goals:
Seeks any kind of magic that might help him regain his mental faculties. (But regularly forgets about it again).

Possible abilities: (DM approval needed)
can send impressions and small messages to beings in sight and not too far away (beings that understand common).
can forge handwritings very well due to not having one himself.

possible disadvantages: (DM approval needed)
Shapeshifting while injured aggravates the wounds resulting in x/10 extra damage (x being the amount of damage that he took so far)
Easily Bored.
EDIT: also, do we start next session at lvl 2 or do we only upgrade to it within the session?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

I'll allow your ability to send impressions and messages, although its something that will start off very minimal, slowly increasing with power as you level up.

The disadvantage seems interesting, so I'll go with it. The damage isn't that high and I don't image you would truly need to do it for non rp reasons, so it wouldn't be that much of a penalty. I suppose the details can be worked out in time.

Assuming we get through everything, most of the group would reach level 2 at the end of the session. It's easier to not have to worry about leveling up during the session, so in the future, I would generally prefer to avoid it, unless the rest of he group objects.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

Ahhh, I just looked at it again.
I was under the false impression that the xp-numbers were per-session.
I was wondering why they were so high and why daeson and Ezking were getting less than the others.
I now understand that those are the absolute numbers of xp for the characters.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

I have a question on my sentry.

I have the "Make Whole" ritual which allows me to repair anything within a ten foot cube (10'x10'x10' i presume) by expending 20% of its worth in alchemical reagents.

Would it be possible to repair the sentry that way?
And if we reformat it before attempting this repair, would it revert to its original programming upon being repaired or would the reformat hold?

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

While from reading the rituals text, seems it should work, it just doesn't feel right having a level one ritual being able to repair a 3000 year old mechanical sentry in which no one on the planet understands how it works, let alone is able to build it.

I will rule that in order to repair something, you first need to understand what needs to be repaired in the first place, how it would be changed. Also, anything sufficiently magical would require a higher level and arcana skills to repair, possible even updated forms of the ritual. Anyway, if the malfunction is mechanical, it may prove easier and cheaper to repair.

You have no idea how you would go about reformatting it, though your sure that any attempts at magical repair wouldn't undo the reformat.

Edit: Also, considering how many times its said the word "destroy", you don't think it would be a good idea to repair it without first reformatting.

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Post anything you wished to purchase from Cyrene before leaving.

The shopkeeper gave you four potions and pays full price for the Halberd +1 for stopping Vela.

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

Bob bought the Rituals "Comprehend Language" and "Unseen Servant", the latter of which he has now mastered.
He also stocked up on Arcane reagents, now having 80 Gold worth.

Also, an evil party would have been interesting in the Vela situation.
(let her escape with the sword, track her, take sword for self, say she escaped).

poyodiablo
Giant

Post by poyodiablo »

Lethys wrote:Post anything you wished to purchase from Cyrene before leaving.

The shopkeeper gave you four potions and pays full price for the Halberd +1 for stopping Vela.
I suggest we keep the money from the Halberd sale in a kind of party fund in case of emergencies(raise dead etc.) The 4 healing potions were distributed between Leo, Saeros, Kithri and Ezking.

Leo bought a repeating crosssbow, 20 bolts and a potion of resistance. Also Lethys, should we mail you the leveled up character sheet?
PLAYING (Maptool) - Antium (D&D4E) | Clash of the Burning Gods (D&D4E) | The Old Republic (SWSE)
LISTENING (Actual Plays) - Of Steam, Steel & Murder | Celestial Crusade | Gutter Skypes | Monkeys Took My Jetpack | Nerdbound | Roleplaying Public Radio | Icosahedrophilia | RPGMP3.com

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

Simply PMing your new power and feat will be enough.

Excluding the halberd, each person has 200 gp from payment, and players in session 1 have 7 gp and 25 sp, from the first encounter. The two remaining gp belong to the party as a whole. Food and basic supplies for the trip have been provided by Certa.

I'm considering the possibility of houseruling weapon expertise and implement expertise to be given automatically at level 5 for all weapons, considering its status as a stealth patch. Any opinions?

Re'ozul
Kobold

Post by Re'ozul »

All for it. (Especially if it means both implements)

Return to “Antium”