Adding Properties to Tokens

Please post questions that you think belong here in the parent forum for discussion first. Then use the "Report this Post" function to alert a moderator that the post/thread should be moved. Common thread examples should not include macro programming, but rather user interface issues or usability issues.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Do not conduct discussion here. Do that in the parent forum.
tharveysinjin
Kobold

Adding Properties to Tokens

Post by tharveysinjin »

Is there a way to add additional properties to a token? I am trying to create macros to be able to roll throws for instance. Base saves are not included in the core properties.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Adding Properties to Tokens

Post by Azhrei »

Yes, there are two techniques:

If you want them to appear in the Properties tab of the token editor dialog, you must first add them to the list of properties for the Token Property Type that the token is a member of. (The property types are user-defined, but the built-in one is called Basic.) You can modify this list using Edit >> Campaign Properties... menu option. The first tab has a list of property types down the left side. Click on one, then make your changes in the text box on the right. BE SURE TO CLICK UPDATE OR YOUR CHANGES ARE NOT SAVED.

You can use a macro function called Wiki: setProperty() to store values under property names that don't appear in the token's selected Property Type and Wiki: getProperty() to retrieve them. This effectively "hides" the property on the token and is generally not a good idea, however some of the more advanced macro uses can take advantage of this feature. You will need to learn more about how to use macros and there are multiple tutorials for this purpose on the Main Page of the wiki.

tharveysinjin
Kobold

Re: Adding Properties to Tokens

Post by tharveysinjin »

Thanks for the response. I am not hosting the campaign, and thus, my GM was able to make the necessary additions. I appreciate the response!

Return to “WIP - User FAQ”