Software blacklist : the ones MapTool gets trouble with

Please post questions that you think belong here in the parent forum for discussion first. Then use the "Report this Post" function to alert a moderator that the post/thread should be moved. Common thread examples should not include macro programming, but rather user interface issues or usability issues.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Do not conduct discussion here. Do that in the parent forum.
JML
Dragon

Software blacklist : the ones MapTool gets trouble with

Post by JML »

A few were mentioned in the MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69.
Daeger wrote:
Seeker wrote:
Daeger wrote:Are you using Mumble, by chance? The overlay can make it do odd things.
Ahh, yes, we just switched to mumble.. Good to know.. Next game session, I'll have everyone turn off the overlay...
They can also add javaw.exe to the overlay's blacklist.

I should also point out that it messes up Character Builder too (far worse in fact), and that too can be added to the black list.
So,all I know by now :
  • Mumble (javaw.exe exposed to this one also) ... on Windows as it seems.
Any one know other similar issues ?
Please give software and OS names, MapTool version and any relevant information I didn't think of.
Last edited by JML on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Software blacklist : the ones MapTool gets trouble with

Post by aliasmask »

Umm... add javaw.exe to blacklist? For maptool? I think the above comment is referring to javaw.exe not working with mumble in general since javaw.exe is needed to execute java programmed applications... like Maptool.

JML
Dragon

Re: Software blacklist : the ones MapTool gets trouble with

Post by JML »

aliasmask wrote:Umm... add javaw.exe to blacklist? For maptool? I think the above comment is referring to javaw.exe not working with mumble in general since javaw.exe is needed to execute java programmed applications... like Maptool.
Well, I edited the first post to reflect that. Thanks for correcting me.

Return to “WIP - User FAQ”