Compiled Cmpgn File of Pathfinder Addons

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Compiled Cmpgn File of Pathfinder Addons

Post by neofax »

seanrpg wrote:Anyone have something like this, but for D&D 3.5?

I find it difficult to locate the latest versions of everything in forums like this. Just the latest version of the D&D 3.5 macros is eluding me at present. I only see downloads for that in the thread that was closed.

Alternately is there a relatively easy way to convert the Lindsay campaign file to 3.5 rather than Pathfinder?
Sean to change the FW back to 3.5, there is a "Edit Globals" button in the GM section on the Campaign frame. Click that and switch the toggle from Pathfinder to 3.5 and voila it is 3.5 compatible. As a matter of fact, the FW is more compatible with 3.5 than Pathfinder as that is what Lindsay runs. The extraneous extra doo-dads all work with 3.5 as well. If you need assistance, send me an e-mail and I can help you out when I get off work.

@Azhrei: In full agreement of sticking and moving.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

I know this is sort of off topic, but I figured the people interested in the pathfinder framework might also know this. I'm about to run one of the pathfinder adventure paths, but using the dnd4E rules. To your knowledge, has anyone made campaign files for any of the pathfinder adventure paths?

paul

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

None that I know of. Later, I was thinking of making a 4E campaign using the Pathfinder rules(specifically War of the Burning Sky). You may want to check out the RPGA subforum as one of the members has a 4Shared site with a bunch of 4E campaigns already made.

seanrpg
Kobold

Post by seanrpg »

neofax wrote:
seanrpg wrote:Anyone have something like this, but for D&D 3.5?

I find it difficult to locate the latest versions of everything in forums like this. Just the latest version of the D&D 3.5 macros is eluding me at present. I only see downloads for that in the thread that was closed.

Alternately is there a relatively easy way to convert the Lindsay campaign file to 3.5 rather than Pathfinder?
Sean to change the FW back to 3.5, there is a "Edit Globals" button in the GM section on the Campaign frame. Click that and switch the toggle from Pathfinder to 3.5 and voila it is 3.5 compatible. As a matter of fact, the FW is more compatible with 3.5 than Pathfinder as that is what Lindsay runs. The extraneous extra doo-dads all work with 3.5 as well. If you need assistance, send me an e-mail and I can help you out when I get off work.

@Azhrei: In full agreement of sticking and moving.
** UPDATE **

Well I just now saw the email note. I'll leave this here for now, we just started another nite on the campaign.

-------------

Hey thanks, we played all nite last nite with it and had a good time. I play with a friend and we co-dm because we have no one else to play atm. This framework makes it much easier to create and run the game.

I have had a few problems I'd appreciate help on or just pointers. Hopefully we can contribute some bug testing over time.

** DC on attack **

It looks like the target of an attack macro is not used at all, and the attack roll prints out generic hit, damage, and crit information so you can manually apply it. That's fine, but I thought I'd ask if there was a way to have the code actually use the target's DC, and we just missed it.

** Missing Function **

When moving an item from one character to another using Plo's Inventory manager, we get an error saying get.status function is missing. I can't figure out if this is a maptools, framework, or inventory library error. Asking for ideas here first so I can try to narrow it down. UPDATE >>> This disappeared after we upgraed Maptool today.

** Inventory Transfer **

Maybe related to above. On one map we used "Give" on an inventory item and the system replied: Error executing getDistance, unknown token Giant Frog. The token in question was beside my character. There were in fact two of them by that name. I deleted one and tried again, same thing. I deleted both Giant Frogs, and the error went away.

Was that just a temporary glitch or should I send someone the camnpaign file have a look?

** Feats **

There are a lot of missing feats, and I can't find a way to add them. For example, suppose I want Iron Will. How do you add feats? I wasn't sure if I should try editing the data directly in the libraries or if there was a tool for it.

** Reset Token State **

After a fight we like to reset the status of the NPCs characters. Is there a macro to do this? Just using the maptool state clear is not enough, as state data is also stored in other framework variables. So far we have had to clear state, then use mod macro and manual editing to get them back to default. We may be missing something obvious of course.

** Spell Caster Points **

We added DiSP/DiSPmax and ArSP/ArSPmax to a DnD35caster token property set so my friend can track the points on her necro/cleric. I'm working on a macro to increase/decrease them somewhat like the HP Change macro, for when she is casting. It would be nice to see spell points integrated into weapons rolls for Touch and Ray. If I have go at it myself I'll post the code, assuming time for it.

We will continue to play with this toolset and are happy to test things as well.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

mage4fun
Kobold

Post by mage4fun »

I may have mentioned this somewhere else, but I am new to using this program (as in I have not yet loaded it onto my laptop). As I started to read some of these posts, it dawned on to ma to ask a few basic questions. This program is inteded to be a virtual tabletop, correct? Aside from having the information as to what spells do, what damage attack does, and so on, it does not manage your character?

Just in case, let me state what I have and what I would like to do. I am currently running a Pathfinder game. All the characters are ghestalt characters (Rogue/Ranger), (Ranger/Cleric), (Rogue/Sorcerer), and a (Sword Sorcer*/Oracle). {*=homebrew spellcaster warrior}. Two fo the palyers are my kids and the other is one of their friends. We do not play our games on-line, we get together at my house. With that being said I came across MapTools a few days ago. I d/led the various "Tools" and the Pathfinder Framework (PFS-LindsayCore05-B74.zip) What I want to do is be able to have my laptop act as the GM screen and then have a second computer (via a crossover cable or LAN Hub) act as the virtual gaming table. Can I do this with MapTools? Can I just have the floor plans of where they are and each character have their own PC Sheet with particulars? Does the program need to have PC input into the base program for it to work?

Sorry for all the questions, but want to understand the capabilities of the program so that I don't blow a fuse trying to make it do something it was not intended to do :-)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

mage4fun wrote:What I want to do is be able to have my laptop act as the GM screen and then have a second computer (via a crossover cable or LAN Hub) act as the virtual gaming table. Can I do this with MapTools? Can I just have the floor plans of where they are and each character have their own PC Sheet with particulars? Does the program need to have PC input into the base program for it to work?
MapTool works as you want without the need for a framework. You can start the server on one machine (probably the laptop) and run the client on the other machine. Another possibility is to hook up an external monitor to your laptop and run MapTool twice on the same machine; just drag the "player" one over to the external monitor.

If you want a framework to do some of the number crunching for you, then you (obviously) need to input various important values. If you just want a simple dice roller that's already built in to MapTool.

Watch the video tutorials that are linked from the main web site: visit http://www.rptools.net and click on Tutorials in the toolbar. The first link is the primary one, some of the others are a bit older.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”