[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Post by Azhrei »

Um, did you read the title of the thread? It says, D&D3.5 + Pathfinder. :mrgreen:

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

When using the Flurry of Blows with a selected weapon, which button do I use? There's 4: -2, -1, 0 and 'Normal Attack'.

Hoplophobia
Kobold

Post by Hoplophobia »

Apologies if this has been answered earlier, but I could not locate it. Do we follow the same installation steps that are listed back in the earlier thread? Is there some sort of..Readme or Walkthrough that somebody has put together about how exactly to use these specific tools and the installation steps to be taken?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

ziltmilt wrote:When using the Flurry of Blows with a selected weapon, which button do I use? There's 4: -2, -1, 0 and 'Normal Attack'.
Use the correct one! :-)

Read FoB... the attack penalty changes with level (this is for D&D... PF totally obfuscates FoB & a new approach was released in last framework version).

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

OK, so for PF, I just use the zero option for Flurry of Blows?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

ziltmilt wrote:OK, so for PF, I just use the zero option for Flurry of Blows?
Yes, and add to the attack temp mod the difference in BAB, so, +1 at 1,5,9,13,17, but only for monk levels.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

ziltmilt wrote:OK, so for PF, I just use the zero option for Flurry of Blows?
Er, the latest framework uses an alternate method for Pathfinder Flurry of blows. The basic mechanics are:
  • Setup 2 weapons for 2 weapon fighting (a primary weapon and a secondary weapon).
  • Activate the Flurry of Blows mod-set.
  • Attack with those two weapons
  • De-activate Flurry of Blows mod-set.
This is because PF FoB deviates significantly from attack mechanics. Specifically your BAB changes while you are flurrying, and since BAB directly impacts how many swings you get, this needs to be modified directly instead of just applying a generic +/- to attack. (I don't make the rules, so don't fuss at me :-) )

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:Specifically your BAB changes while you are flurrying, and since BAB directly impacts how many swings you get, this needs to be modified directly instead of just applying a generic +/- to attack. (I don't make the rules, so don't fuss at me :-) )
Yeah, but the text says the BAB change doesn't effect anything else, like number of attacks, it just provides the to hit bonus for the flurry.
Flurry of Blows (Ex)

Starting at 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapon (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus is equal to his monk level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the monk uses his normal base attack bonus.

At 8th level, the monk can make two additional attacks when he uses flurry of blows, as if using Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).

At 15th level, the monk can make three additional attacks using flurry of blows, as if using Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).

A monk applies his full Strength bonus to his damage rolls for all successful attacks made with flurry of blows, whether the attacks are made with an off-hand or with a weapon wielded in both hands. A monk may substitute disarm, sunder, and trip combat maneuvers for unarmed attacks as part of a flurry of blows. A monk cannot use any weapon other than an unarmed strike or a special monk weapon as part of a flurry of blows. A monk with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks.
To me, it doesn't make sense to give an extra attack and then increase the number of attacks based on BAB. So, it just boils down to an attack bonus based on the monk level.

Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Post by Lifer4700 »

Hello!

I read through most of the 11 pages on this thread, and I have seen at least 2 people ask for any kind of help using this framework + macro set. But I have yet to see any response.

I seem to be in the same boat, where I have downloaded it, opened it, tried using it, read the 'basic maptools' documentation, watched the videos, went back to this campaign, and I'm still so totally lost that I can't even figure out how give someone armor. I figured out stats, skills, feats, and even weapons, but armor is apparently something I can't handle... :wink:

Is there some kind of tutorial or 'quick start' guide for this campaign, especially for people that have NEVER seen MapTool before?
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

The framework is still developing pretty rapidly, but the short answer is "no", there is no tutorial that I know of.

However, if you want to start a thread to ask questions, please do so! Perhaps you could help others by keeping notes as you learn things and post to a separate thread where you give newcomers the same information you're seeking now?

Not the answer you're looking for, I know, but there are only so many people here and this is all volunteer work so we need to spread the load as much as possible. Because some of us have real lives too (not many, but some ;)).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I've run a tutorial session to teach use of the framework, maybe I'll make a video for token creation and the various techniques and considerations I use. But first, I'll post my modded campaign. It's mostly the same, but with a few minor tweaks. The biggest change is the button configuration.

Synchronicity
Kobold

Post by Synchronicity »

Lifer4700 wrote:Hello!

I read through most of the 11 pages on this thread, and I have seen at least 2 people ask for any kind of help using this framework + macro set. But I have yet to see any response.

I seem to be in the same boat, where I have downloaded it, opened it, tried using it, read the 'basic maptools' documentation, watched the videos, went back to this campaign, and I'm still so totally lost that I can't even figure out how give someone armor. I figured out stats, skills, feats, and even weapons, but armor is apparently something I can't handle... :wink:

Is there some kind of tutorial or 'quick start' guide for this campaign, especially for people that have NEVER seen MapTool before?
I would also be interested in some video tutorials. I think I understand the basics of the framework, but seeing it all work from the DM perspective would be nice. I am planning on running a game with the framework but an concerned it will fall apart. Would like to see token setup, how players explore from area to area, and an example of a battle would be cool. Maybe someone could record sections of their regular session.

In the meantime, I think this will help you. Imper1um started making some token setup tutorials for the framework but never finished as far as I know. Here is one he did for building a fighter that should help you out:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20217706KMpH ... r+Tutorial

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

My email is neofax99 <AT> gmail dot com. Drop my an email and I will set aside time for anyone that wants to learn how to use this framework or MapTools in general. I will try to set some time aside Saturday/Sunday to make some video tutorials.

Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Post by Lifer4700 »

StatBlock2Token (1.8) rocks!

I started watching Imper1um's video, but it will only play the first 5 minutes out of 37+ if you don't run their exe...
It was enough to get me going, though.

Saves a TON of time on setup!
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

Synchronicity
Kobold

Post by Synchronicity »

Lifer4700 wrote:StatBlock2Token (1.8) rocks!

I started watching Imper1um's video, but it will only play the first 5 minutes out of 37+ if you don't run their exe...
It was enough to get me going, though.

Saves a TON of time on setup!
Statblock2Token is cool for sure. I don't think I have tried 1.8 yet I still have 1.6. Is 1.8 in the latest version? I understand that it still misses some things though. Great for mooks but not for PCs. I have the full download of Imper1um's video, I will post it somewherewhere you can download and provide a link tonight. Unless someone else has it. :wink:

@neofax, That would be awesome. I could do either. Saturday nights are good for me or a Sunday. Booked this weekend but maybe next. I would greatly appreciate the videos though. Thanks for the offer! :D

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”