[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Paradox
Dragon

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay (or anyone else),

Is there a way to preserve custom Mods when updating the Framework?

I have a few Inquisitor and Witch ones that I am loathe to recreate. I know items don't vanish when you update, but I want to keep my custom Mods too.

::fingers crossed::
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Easiest way would be to copy the large JSON from the property of one of the Lib tokens. The property is TempModToggleSets and is on the Lib:GlobalsSRDPF token. Copy it and paste into a text editor. Then in the new campaign paste it into the same property. I am not 100% sure this will work, but it should just looking over the code.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

neofax wrote:Easiest way would be to copy the large JSON from the property of one of the Lib tokens. The property is TempModToggleSets and is on the Lib:GlobalsSRDPF token. Copy it and paste into a text editor. Then in the new campaign paste it into the same property. I am not 100% sure this will work, but it should just looking over the code.

Hmmm... But I do want the new Flurry of Blows Mod.

I might just have to knuckle down and do it the long way.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Send me your campaign and I will move it over to the new FW.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay,

I found a small bug. The CMD / CMD-FF values on the mouseover screen don't appear to readjust when an active mod is added over removed. In fact they appear to increment updwards, but the don't go back down.

Even when you use the clear all mods function on the Edit Character Mod.

This sounds confusing, so let me give an example. Say I create a Mod that grants a +2 to CMD. That shows up on the mouseover screen. But if I remove it, the mouseover value doesn't change, even if I clear all the mods. Then, if I add that +2 CMD Mod on again, the mouseover value goes up again, and never goes back down. I am having a little trouble reproducing this every time, so I'm not sure where it happens. Yet I've seen it happen.. This morning I started playing with the Monk Token and instead of a CMD of 24, he had a 28 on the mouseover. I tried to clear all the mods and add things back carefully, now his CMD is 32 on the mouseover.

If you check the character sheet, that *is* reporting the correct value. Consistantly

It's a small bug, but I like the moveover for checking ACs and CMDs quickly.

EDIT: Here's another side-effect. Flurry of Blows is a persistant Mod, so as long as it is active(even when it's not your turn), it's going to be inflating your CMD, because it's modifying the BAB.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Lindsay,
Is it possible to make another token much like the Black Tentacles to handle entangle? Maybe even another for Web. :)

In principle its very similar, but I don't have the first clue where to begin. :(

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

jsharen wrote:Lindsay,
Is it possible to make another token much like the Black Tentacles to handle entangle? Maybe even another for Web. :)

In principle its very similar, but I don't have the first clue where to begin. :(
Why would you need it? Neither of these do damage to the characters. Just draw the template have the characters do their reflex and if entangled/grappled apply the active-mod. Then on their turn they can make a Strength, Escape Artist or Grapple check to break free or another Reflex if they are still in the template.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Paradox wrote:Lindsay (or anyone else),

Is there a way to preserve custom Mods when updating the Framework?

I have a few Inquisitor and Witch ones that I am loathe to recreate. I know items don't vanish when you update, but I want to keep my custom Mods too.

::fingers crossed::
All custom mods are preserved as long as they are not named the same thing as the "baseline" mod. There is a campaign macro that applies the baseline mods to your Globals token and leaves your current mods alone.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:
jsharen wrote:Lindsay,

Why would you need it? Neither of these do damage to the characters. Just draw the template have the characters do their reflex and if entangled/grappled apply the active-mod. Then on their turn they can make a Strength, Escape Artist or Grapple check to break free or another Reflex if they are still in the template.
The EBT macros are too darn slow (I need to revisit them)! It takes my machine almost 6 minutes to run. So I need to rework it (I am not sure why it is so slow now, it was around 2 min when I first did the code, it must have something to do with the various fog and display changes as the code has to do an array based search for tokens to be worked on).

A simpler approach would be to have a campaign macro that ran CMB vs CMD rolls on the selected tokens and applied appropriate mod-sets. So instead of detecting which tokens via an array map, the GM would just select the tokens and run the macro vs. them (this would run very quickly).

My players all like to do their own rolling and state application, but there would be a significant increase in speed of play if this was more automated, so I will add it to the list of things to consider when I find free time :-)

P.S. - if any of what I say is incomprehensible, it is because I just returned from Dexcon14 and only had about 15 hours of sleep for the past 4 days...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Paradox wrote:
EDIT: Here's another side-effect. Flurry of Blows is a persistant Mod, so as long as it is active(even when it's not your turn), it's going to be inflating your CMD, because it's modifying the BAB.
Kill all monks!

OK I see this issue and I am not certain of the best workaround. I think the monk is the special case where it's Flurry BAB is unique (it only effects the flurry attack and effects no other BAB related things like combat maneuvers). My recommendation is give all monsters +2 to hit monks just on principal (hell go +4, that way they die faster).

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

lmarkus001 wrote: Kill all monks!

OK I see this issue and I am not certain of the best workaround. I think the monk is the special case where it's Flurry BAB is unique (it only effects the flurry attack and effects no other BAB related things like combat maneuvers). My recommendation is give all monsters +2 to hit monks just on principal (hell go +4, that way they die faster).
I approve of this method. What were the designers thinking when they were messing with this mechanic?

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I am sorry about the Monks. :(

I suppose one short term solution is to go into the Active Mods, and deactivate the Flurry of Blows mod after the Player's turn is over?

New stuff:

1.) We're not sure the intent with the Charge/Lunge/Cleave mod. It might be that we were not using it correctly. It appears to adjust the AC of the attacker, but doesn't apply a bonus. IS that how it's supposed to work, i.e. it takes care of the AC (until the next attack whereupon you can deselect it), but then you're supposed to add the appropriate bonus in the misc. attack bonus box?

2.) I've been using .b86 since April and never had any errors. But then I upgraded for last night's game and had errors up the backside like we've never had before.

It seemed to trigger a lot when players who controlled two tokens (their animal companion or familiar) tried to move that second token. However, it was not exclusive to those players.. a player who only controlled one token had it happen too, but with less frequency). It also seemed to happen more often once a token was in initiative. I normally think of these as pertaining to the MT program itself, not the framework, but I had months of no errors and the only thing that changed was the FW.

Here is the error:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseDragged(PointerTool.java:660)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:38)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Paradox wrote:I am sorry about the Monks. :(

I suppose one short term solution is to go into the Active Mods, and deactivate the Flurry of Blows mod after the Player's turn is over?

New stuff:

1.) We're not sure the intent with the Charge/Lunge/Cleave mod. It might be that we were not using it correctly. It appears to adjust the AC of the attacker, but doesn't apply a bonus. IS that how it's supposed to work, i.e. it takes care of the AC (until the next attack whereupon you can deselect it), but then you're supposed to add the appropriate bonus in the misc. attack bonus box?

2.) I've been using .b86 since April and never had any errors. But then I upgraded for last night's game and had errors up the backside like we've never had before.

It seemed to trigger a lot when players who controlled two tokens (their animal companion or familiar) tried to move that second token. However, it was not exclusive to those players.. a player who only controlled one token had it happen too, but with less frequency). It also seemed to happen more often once a token was in initiative. I normally think of these as pertaining to the MT program itself, not the framework, but I had months of no errors and the only thing that changed was the FW.

Here is the error:
Yeah, I would put a mod-set toggle macro on the monk token so s/he can easily toggle Flurry of Blows after every attack (or at least until wiped from the face of the planet and forced to come back as a human cleric).

1) Exactly. All 3 of those actions gives a persistent -2 AC mod (which is what the mod-set is). They all give some other temporary effect (an additional attack, greater reach, +2 to hit, etc.) that the player needs to factor in some other way (for charge use +2 temp attack bonus).

2) Did you have Lock Player Movement on or the related initiative setting that only allows those players with initiative to move? Either of those blow up MT 1.3b83+ for token movement. I have had to turn those off completely and never activate them in a session or that session gets hammered. The issues you point at seem to be exactly that problem. I am doing no movement processing in the framework...

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

In regards to why I would want Entangle or Web to be automated...basically for the exact same reason Black Tentacles is automated. Speed of resolution. If I have 15 goblins in the middle of an entangle working that out every round is a significant time hog. If I can push a button and viola, that would be amazing.

Lindsay, in regards to execution time for Black Tentacles, it takes me about 20 seconds. Not sure why the significant difference. I have a decent computer but its no super computer by any stretch.

Cheers!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

jsharen wrote:In regards to why I would want Entangle or Web to be automated...basically for the exact same reason Black Tentacles is automated. Speed of resolution. If I have 15 goblins in the middle of an entangle working that out every round is a significant time hog. If I can push a button and viola, that would be amazing.

Lindsay, in regards to execution time for Black Tentacles, it takes me about 20 seconds. Not sure why the significant difference. I have a decent computer but its no super computer by any stretch.

Cheers!
I guess you bunch up your creatures in Init then? Otherwise you would still need to take care of the Reflex saves and such on each individual creatures turn. As for the initial spellcasting, you can Shift+CTRL select all of the creatures and apply the Active-Mod this way.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”