Simplified for DM?

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Simplified for DM?

Post by DMFTodd »

While the framework is cool and all for the players, I'm looking for it to be easier to use for the DM.

Every time I want a new monster, I don't want to do SetupBlank and close six screens just to get it working. I'd prefer to add the monster, set the hits points, and be done. But if I do that, I can't use the "HP Change" button. Argh.

Am I missing something in how the framework should work or do I need to go roll my own SetupBlank macro to work the way I want it to?

quikdagger
Giant

Re: Simplified for DM?

Post by quikdagger »

Well if your are setting up a new monster then yes the setupblank is the only way to do it. If you are however using SRD monsters than IMarvin already went trhough all the work and you can download pre-made tokens (including the appropriate setup using the framework) at his site located here and then just drag and drop onto the "board." Make sure that you double-click the token and select the config tab and make the properties set to DND...not sure if he has Pathfinder ones pre-made or not as I dont play PF so I cant comment on that side of the framework.
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Or use the Statblock2Token macro that does about 90% of the work done by SetupBlank.

I find that when I'm using statblocks from an AP, I copy/paste into the Statblock2Token macro and then have to tweak the weapon setup on the resulting token. And the skills are sometimes not complete (the macro doesn't handle spaces inside skill names correctly) but I rarely need to worry about skills except for the top-level villains.

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Azhrei wrote:Or use the Statblock2Token macro that does about 90% of the work done by SetupBlank.

I find that when I'm using statblocks from an AP, I copy/paste into the Statblock2Token macro and then have to tweak the weapon setup on the resulting token. And the skills are sometimes not complete (the macro doesn't handle spaces inside skill names correctly) but I rarely need to worry about skills except for the top-level villains.
Or that :lol: I was actually unaware of that one, thanks :)
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

1) drop on graphic
2) setupBlank: Just enter hitpoints and then just ok through the rest.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”