MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (Old Version)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Avotas
Cave Troll

Lycanthropes!

Post by Avotas »

One of my players has contracted a serious case of Lycanthropy, and I wish to add two "Conditions" under "Active Mods" for the disease.
As written in Pathfinder, those Lycanthropes in normal humanoid forms gain low-light vision, scent, +2 WIS and -2 CHR. When the infected changes, they gain an additional AC +2 (natural) armor bonus, a damage reduction of 5/silver or 10/silver depending if the condition is affected or natural-born, and +2 STR and +2 CON while in Hybrid and Animal forms.

So I am thinking of two conditions "Humanoid" and "Hybrid/Animal" but I can't see to figure out how Active Mods works. Anyone want to take a crack at it or think they can explain it?

Information: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monste ... ycanthrope

-Avotas

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Lycanthropes!

Post by neofax »

Avotas wrote:One of my players has contracted a serious case of Lycanthropy, and I wish to add two "Conditions" under "Active Mods" for the disease.
As written in Pathfinder, those Lycanthropes in normal humanoid forms gain low-light vision, scent, +2 WIS and -2 CHR. When the infected changes, they gain an additional AC +2 (natural) armor bonus, a damage reduction of 5/silver or 10/silver depending if the condition is affected or natural-born, and +2 STR and +2 CON while in Hybrid and Animal forms.

So I am thinking of two conditions "Humanoid" and "Hybrid/Animal" but I can't see to figure out how Active Mods works. Anyone want to take a crack at it or think they can explain it?

Information: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monste ... ycanthrope

-Avotas
Most of this can be done via the Active Mod like you say, but some of it will have to be done utilizing a macro like the Fiendish/Celestial Templates macro.

To make the Active Mod, Open MapTool then open your campaign. Now select a token (doesn't matter which) and click on the "Edit Mods" red macro. This will bring up the dialog to make your "Active Mod". So select "Add New" and click OK. Go thru adding the ability bonus and penalties, natural armor bonus and DR/ER. Then save. It will ask you for the type change it from "Other" (IIRC) to Lycanthrope and you can make the next using Lycanthrope as the type again near the top (this way it will have it's own tab). Now apply it to a token and see if the mod is correct. As for scent, senses and such you will need to make a macro to change these and add them to the token.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Avotas
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Avotas »

Ah! Sweet. I didn't even see the Edit Mods macro, I was going through the actual code. Thanks!

-Avotas

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Thanks again for the help! I have it setup Active Mods with three conditions under the "Lycanthropy" tab. "Lycanthrope" that is checked when someone is actually a Lycanthrope, and that in turns adds in the +2 WIS and -2 CHR. In addition I have "Lycanthropy (Afflicted) - Hybrid or Animal Form" and " Lycanthropy (Natural) - Hybrid or Animal Form" These add in the various bonuses based on their condition (natural vs afflicted) as well calls the Disguise macro to change the Pog image. It's all very cool!

(Now watch my players get cured during the first hour of gameplay)

-Avotas

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Avotas wrote:Thanks again for the help! I have it setup Active Mods with three conditions under the "Lycanthropy" tab. "Lycanthrope" that is checked when someone is actually a Lycanthrope, and that in turns adds in the +2 WIS and -2 CHR. In addition I have "Lycanthropy (Afflicted) - Hybrid or Animal Form" and " Lycanthropy (Natural) - Hybrid or Animal Form" These add in the various bonuses based on their condition (natural vs afflicted) as well calls the Disguise macro to change the Pog image. It's all very cool!

(Now watch my players get cured during the first hour of gameplay)

-Avotas
It's very handy for alchemists with mutagens as well!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Do you think it would be possible to add all of teh Witch Hex's into the next build?

It has Evil Eye atm and I for one would get a lotta use out of having the rest added
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

You can replace the current Active Mods with this to add Warded Witch Hex as it is the only other Hex except the Dire Prophecy Hex that can be made into a Active Mod or isn't already being done by another Active Mod. I was thinking of doing the Dire Prophecy by asking for whether the user was using Full or Partial penalties. The player selects 0 for full and 1 for partial then from there can add the penalties.

If you need the code, let me know as there is too much text for the forums.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

At certain resolutions the Active Mod screen is too long, and so the buttons at the bottom cannot be reached. Is there anyway to resize the Active Mods screen?

Thank you!

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Another quick request. I have noticed recently the following error when I go to edit Skills:

Invalid condition in IF(mod(rowCount, 9) == 0) roll option.       Statement options (if any): IF(mod(rowCount, 9) == 0)       Statement Body : output = output + headerRow

Any ideas?

Thank you!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Elorebaen wrote:At certain resolutions the Active Mod screen is too long, and so the buttons at the bottom cannot be reached. Is there anyway to resize the Active Mods screen?

Thank you!
IIRC this is fixed in the next version of MapTool. In the mean time what I do is check and uncheck the last item in the list, click tab and click enter. This will then apply whatever item you wanted and close the dialog. On Linux you just hold down Alt+Left click the dialog and drag wherever you want.

The problem I think is JAVA is not recognizing the menubar at the bottom of the screen and just extends until it hits max screen resolution.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

neofax wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:At certain resolutions the Active Mod screen is too long, and so the buttons at the bottom cannot be reached. Is there anyway to resize the Active Mods screen?

Thank you!
IIRC this is fixed in the next version of MapTool. In the mean time what I do is check and uncheck the last item in the list, click tab and click enter. This will then apply whatever item you wanted and close the dialog. On Linux you just hold down Alt+Left click the dialog and drag wherever you want.

The problem I think is JAVA is not recognizing the menubar at the bottom of the screen and just extends until it hits max screen resolution.
Thanks for the info!

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

I have been getting a number of strange errors lately, and I'm hoping those more knowledgeable could help out.

Every time I Edit Char>Core I am getting this message in chat: Unknown macro "outputTo@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder".

When I edit Speed I receive: Unknown macro "reduceSpeedStep@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder".

It is really funky. This just started recently. Any ideas?

Thanks!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yes, go to the Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder token and edit the onCampaignLoad macro. Change every @this to @libDnD35Pathfinder. Save the campaign then close MapTool. ReOpen and load the campaign. Problem solved. If I were to guess why this happens, I would say it is due to the way the maps now are loaded one at a time to optimize them on load and the onCampaignLoad runs the map switches and now it has no clue what @this is at the moment of run. I may be wrong, but I do know this works as I have used it and other DMs I have played for as well.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

neofax wrote:Yes, go to the Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder token and edit the onCampaignLoad macro. Change every @this to @libDnD35Pathfinder. Save the campaign then close MapTool. ReOpen and load the campaign. Problem solved. If I were to guess why this happens, I would say it is due to the way the maps now are loaded one at a time to optimize them on load and the onCampaignLoad runs the map switches and now it has no clue what @this is at the moment of run. I may be wrong, but I do know this works as I have used it and other DMs I have played for as well.
Thank you for the info. After posting I retrieved the Lib from the original base campaign file and replaced the one I had, and that seemed to work. But if it happens again, I will use the above.

Thanks again!

aethirshero
Kobold

Post by aethirshero »

I'm still fairly new to using MapTool, so this might be a problem on my part, but I'm getting the same error as Elorebaen when trying to edit a token's skills. Also though, when trying to edit a token's weapons, I get this error:

Undefined function: outputTo

Can anyone help me out with either of these problems?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”