MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Daelomin
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Daelomin »

Hi there,

Total newb here, LOVE MapTool and the possibilities that this framework appears to provide.

I have a quick question, though, that I hope I won't be slammed too hard for asking:

Is there any sort of instructions and/or documentation available for figuring out exactly how to use this framework? I'm trying to set up an online game with some friends I used to DM for back in Uni years ago, and I'd love to use this tool, but I'm afraid with two jobs (I work for the government full-time and am an infantry officer in the reserves as well), I just don't have the time to comb through pages and pages of past forum posts. I know that sounds like a copout, and forum mods tend to hate it when people ask questions that can be found with simple forum searches, but truth be told I've spent the better part of this Sunday poring over these forums and all I've found to help as an intro into how to use this framework was a video posted by someone named Imper1um, and he was using it specifically for Pathfinder, where I want to do a 3.5 campaign.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm already well on my way with making maps, but trying to decipher how to use the framework has proven to be beyond my meager skills at this point. Loading it up for the first time and seeing all the random stuff on multiple maps intimidated me more than the prospect of spending 3 months in Gagetown (a really crappy Canadian Forces army base) for my dismounted infantry platoon commander's course :D

Cheers,

Daelomin

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

While there is no tutorial, I can start a server and walk you though how to use it. Just send me an email as I am available most of today then again on Wednesday night.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Daelomin
Cave Troll

Post by Daelomin »

Hey Neofax, not to be a pest, but did the forum email thing work? I tried to email you a couple times about setting up the tutorial session you offered. I'd really appreciate the help!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I received it and am currently setting up the server.

ntzrmtthihu777
Cave Troll

Post by ntzrmtthihu777 »

Is there a chance I can get in on this too? I have downloaded the framework and set most things to 3.5 but it all seems to still be pathfinder.
Dropbox Referral Link - Join with this, and both you and I get an extra .5 gigabytes of storage, 2.5 total for you.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

ntzrmtthihu777 wrote:Is there a chance I can get in on this too? I have downloaded the framework and set most things to 3.5 but it all seems to still be pathfinder.
I did this yesterday, but if you are available later today say 1730 EDT(Eastern Daylight Savings Time)(New York), I can download a new FW for 3.5 and run you thru setting it up.

ntzrmtthihu777
Cave Troll

Post by ntzrmtthihu777 »

neofax wrote:
ntzrmtthihu777 wrote:Is there a chance I can get in on this too? I have downloaded the framework and set most things to 3.5 but it all seems to still be pathfinder.
I did this yesterday, but if you are available later today say 1730 EDT(Eastern Daylight Savings Time)(New York), I can download a new FW for 3.5 and run you thru setting it up.
Ah! That would be excellent, o great wyrm.
Dropbox Referral Link - Join with this, and both you and I get an extra .5 gigabytes of storage, 2.5 total for you.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

ntzrmtthihu777 wrote:
neofax wrote:
I'm going to have to postpone this to tomorrow as I have an emergency come up. Sorry!

ntzrmtthihu777
Cave Troll

Post by ntzrmtthihu777 »

neofax wrote:
ntzrmtthihu777 wrote:
neofax wrote: I did this yesterday, but if you are available later today say 1730 EDT(Eastern Daylight Savings Time)(New York), I can download a new FW for 3.5 and run you thru setting it up.
I'm going to have to postpone this to tomorrow as I have an emergency come up. Sorry!
Not a problem, take care of your real world issues first, that's for sure! Same time tomorrow, then?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yes.

castanaveras
Kobold

Post by castanaveras »

Hi Everyone, I've been trying to sort out this wonderful framework for a number of hours now.

Am I to understand that we need to input a bunch of monster tokens with stats and character sheets in order to have them for the character to interact with? Does anybody have a framework or a drop-in with a bunch of creatures already made? That would be really helpful.

Thanks! :D

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

castanaveras wrote:Hi Everyone, I've been trying to sort out this wonderful framework for a number of hours now.

Am I to understand that we need to input a bunch of monster tokens with stats and character sheets in order to have them for the character to interact with? Does anybody have a framework or a drop-in with a bunch of creatures already made? That would be really helpful.

Thanks! :D
There is the map in the framework with some random creatures and some summoning creatures. I would recommend imarv's site, but there is a server error when trying to download tokens.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

aliasmask wrote:
castanaveras wrote:I would recommend imarv's site, but there is a server error when trying to download tokens.
To fix this just download the file and then change the extension to rptok and it works fine. Also, if you are playing Pathfinder just use the statblock2token and 90% of the heavy lifting is done. If you have specific Pathfinder tokens you need I have almost all of them done from Bestiaires 1-3 and Kingmaker.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:
aliasmask wrote:
castanaveras wrote:I would recommend imarv's site, but there is a server error when trying to download tokens.
To fix this just download the file and then change the extension to rptok and it works fine. Also, if you are playing Pathfinder just use the statblock2token and 90% of the heavy lifting is done. If you have specific Pathfinder tokens you need I have almost all of them done from Bestiaires 1-3 and Kingmaker.
I read that before, but I didn't believe it until i tried it because of the error messages in the beginning. I guess those are ignored.

PS - here is the site: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/index.php

dragon86413
Kobold

Post by dragon86413 »

I must be missing something. I'm finding spells on imarv's site, but not any tokens.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”