MT1.3b87.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Glock-9mm
Giant

Re: MT1.3b87.04 PF+3.5 Framework (RELEASED... Latest Version

Post by Glock-9mm »

aliasmask wrote:I was thinking for a simple solution, you can make the damage and description both lists. Then you can do something like this:

Extra Damage: 1d6;1d6
Extra Damage Description: Fire;Frost
That could work, it gives you the same as what I was suggesting so win.

I assume this solution you can see the break down in Tool Tips?
JamzTheMan wrote:Regarding pfstatblock importer 2.2, I think that was pulled from my campaign and if so, I don't use the pop up input, you have to paste it to GMText. I do this because I prefer to keep line returns (easier to read and better regexp searching for some expressions)

And just an FYI regarding fire frost weapons, per RAW it is actually illegal, you can't put frost on a flame weapon. Although the issue remains for a flame acid weapon out other combos.
Ill have a play ith that import method, Its not one I've used before so Im likely just being a Spaz.

Update - 2.2 is still giving me grief. I tried to import a racoon and if still gives the error [Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal] . The racoon link is here https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinde ... ls/raccoon and the token was blank. I placed the statblock into the GM text and thumped th 2.2 button... It did pull some info but basically the token was unusable.

Any ideas?

As for the RAW call good point, Thats what happens when I am trying to think late at night
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Glock-9mm wrote:
aliasmask wrote:Update - 2.2 is still giving me grief. I tried to import a racoon and if still gives the error [Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal] . The racoon link is here https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinde ... ls/raccoon and the token was blank. I placed the statblock into the GM text and thumped th 2.2 button... It did pull some info but basically the token was unusable.

Any ideas?
It works for me, but make sure the first line is "Name <tab> CR #" and not just the Name or any flavor text, like this:
Raccoon
Raccoon CR 1/2
XP 200
N Tiny animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +3

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +2 size)
hp 4 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE

Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +4 (1d3-1)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 8, Dex 15, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 16, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 9 (13 vs. trip)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Climb +7, Sleight of Hand +3

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Familiar

The master of a raccoon familiar gains a +3 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks.

ECOLOGY

Environment temperate forests
Organization solitary or gaze (2-4)
Treasure none
I got the following output (it loaded ok) from my framework.
Result
« output = Token Updated: Name: Raccoon, CR: 1/2, Perception: 3, Size: Tiny, type: Animal , subtypes: Init: 2, Sighttype: Lowlight, Reach: 0, Str: 8, Dex: 15, Con: 11, Int: 2, Wis: 16, Cha: 5 Fort: 2, Ref: 2, Will: 0 HP: 4, HD: 1 Hit Dice: 1d8 Base Atk: 0, CMB: 0, AC/tch/FF/CMD/CMDFF: 15/15/13/9/7 Spd: 20, Climb: 20 Skills: Climb 7, Perception 3, SleightofHand 3, Feats: Weapon Finesse, Weapons: ["bite +4 (1d3-1)"] Treasure Type: none  »

Oh, and, mmm, I haven't dived into the updated framework, but there are probably missing Properties. As I added more info to the statblock, I had to add a few properties. If I get some time, I'll try and test inside the new framework to see where it's bombing out.
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

One more update for ConditionReport. Link has most recent correction. I needed to apply strformat bug fix to state conditions as well. A state like Invisibility would throw an error because it had a % in description.

jayamiko
Kobold

Post by jayamiko »

Possibly a dumb question, but.. is there a guide anywhere on how to actually use this? I'm somewhat familiar with maptools, but a lot of this stuff is beyond my knowledge.

That said, I'd really, really like to use this in my Pathfinder campaign, as it looks super rad and, judging from the screenshot in the first post, has things that I was desperately looking for.

waltotheter
Kobold

Post by waltotheter »

It appears the download link is dead, anyone have a good mirror link, or can they email it to me?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Glock-9mm wrote: Update - 2.2 is still giving me grief. I tried to import a racoon and if still gives the error [Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal] . The racoon link is here https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinde ... ls/raccoon and the token was blank. I placed the statblock into the GM text and thumped th 2.2 button... It did pull some info but basically the token was unusable.
Same problem here.

I open the new framework in the op.

Drag a token on the map.

Paste the stat block in the token's GM Notes section.

Make sure token is selected.

Press the "PF Statblock2Token [2.2]" macro button in the campaign window.

And the chat window throws an error:

Code: Select all

Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal
The error is coming at the "Put DR & Resist values into JSON Property DRER" section.

It never gets to the SR and the STATS.

(Btw, it's also not setup to write the SR into the DRER like it probably should.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Full Bleed wrote: Same problem here.
*snip*
So none of the big brains have a solution to this one? I wanted to steal some of that importer to update my own. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, so I downloaded the framework from the OP and tested, the only error I get was for SpecialDefense (because I use the variable later and it's not always initialized.

If there are still issues, paste Statblock here and I'll look when I get a chane.

Note, to fix add it below the comment here:
<!-- Defensive Abilities Sample: Defensive Abilities incorporeal, channel resistance +2; -->
[h: SpecialDefense=""]
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

JamzTheMan wrote:OK, so I downloaded the framework from the OP and tested, the only error I get was for SpecialDefense (because I use the variable later and it's not always initialized.

If there are still issues, paste Statblock here and I'll look when I get a chane.
I tried the Goblin, Babau Demon, and Ogre from pathfinder PRD (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/mons ... Index.html) every single one threw the error.

Not sure where the problem could lay.

Using:
Win 8 64 Pro
Java 1.6.0_39
Maptool-1.3.b87
1024m/stack 4

Open framework.
Save and Close Global settings window.
Drag token image to map.
Paste state block into GM Notes.

Babau CR 6

XP 2,400

CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)

Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see invisibility; Perception +19

Defense

AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+1 Dex, +8 natural)

hp 73 (7d10+35)

Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5

Defensive Abilities protective slime; DR 10/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10; SR 17

Offense

Speed 30 ft.

Melee 2 claws +12 (1d6+5), bite +12 (1d6+5) or longspear +12/+7 (1d8+7/x3), bite +7 (1d6+2)

Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with longspear)

Special Attacks sneak attack +2d6

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th)

Constant—see invisibility

At will—darkness, dispel magic, greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs. of objects only)

1/day—summon (level 3, 1 babau at 40%)

Statistics

Str 21, Dex 13, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 16

Base Atk +7; CMB +12; CMD 23

Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Stealth)

Skills Acrobatics +11, Climb +12, Disable Device +11, Escape Artist +11, Perception +19, Sense Motive +11, Sleight of Hand +11, Stealth +22; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception, +8 Stealth

Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic; telepathy 100 ft.

Ecology

Environment any (Abyss)

Organization solitary, pair, or gang (3–8)

Treasure standard (longspear, other treasure)

Special Abilities

Protective Slime (Su) A layer of acidic slime coats a babau's skin. Any creature that strikes a babau with a natural attack or unarmed strike takes 1d8 points of acid damage from this slime if it fails a DC 18 Reflex save. A creature that strikes a babau with a melee weapon must make a DC 18 Reflex save or the weapon takes 1d8 points of acid damage; if this damage penetrates the weapon's hardness, the weapon gains the broken condition. Ammunition that strikes a babau is automatically destroyed after it inflicts its damage.

The babau is an assassin, a murderer, and a sadist—certainly not traits unusual in the demons, yet the babau's penchant for stealth and surprise sets it apart from its generally less-subtle kin. With no need to eat (although most babaus relish the flavor of mortal meat on their thin, raspy tongues), a babau can wait in ambush for years or decades—their inhuman patience in anticipating a well-conceived murder also setting them apart from the other denizens of the Abyss. Babaus obsess over the act of killing and take great pride in their grisly art, often leaving behind some form of grim marker or obscure signature, whether it be a distinctive modus operandi, an unnerving token, or other profane evidence.

A babau typically carries a longspear or other weapon with which it can strike at foes beyond its normal reach, but given the opportunity, a babau prefers to fight with its teeth or claws. The foul, caustic sludge that constantly seeps from their flesh prevents them from wearing armor unless it is specially treated or resistant to acid.

A babau is 6 feet tall but weighs only 140 pounds. They form from mortal souls of lone killers—those who, in life, took pleasure in more personal and intimate murders. Loosed upon the Material Plane, a babau often finds itself in the same role, haunting the shadowy corners of the world as remorseless assassins.
Makes sure token is selected.
Click the "PF Statblock2Token[2.2]" macro located in the Campaign Macro Window.
Error in Chat Window: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal
Everything up to <!-- Find SR --> seems to work.

Note, to fix add it below the comment here:
<!-- Defensive Abilities Sample: Defensive Abilities incorporeal, channel resistance +2; -->
[h: SpecialDefense=""]
Applied this fix. Did not change the above outcome.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Really wierd, just did the Babau without issue. Could we be dealing with a unicode issue? Are you using a different language or anything?

Oh, just noticed you are on b87. Although I can't think why that wouldn't work. Could you try with a copy of b89? Unless it's a java 1.6 thing.
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

JamzTheMan wrote:Really wierd, just did the Babau without issue. Could we be dealing with a unicode issue? Are you using a different language or anything?

==== Locale Information ====
Country.: United States
Language: English
Locale..: English (United States)
Variant.: 
JamzTheMan wrote: Oh, just noticed you are on b87. Although I can't think why that wouldn't work. Could you try with a copy of b89? Unless it's a java 1.6 thing.
In b89, I'm getting this error using the same process mentioned above:
Error wrote:    Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, FOREACH( reduceTypes, json.fields( DRER ) ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [jRC = json.get( DRER, reduceTypes ) ] [prefixT = substring( reduceTypes, 0, 1 ) ] [FOREACH( reduceType, json.fields( jRC ) ), CODE: { [preValue = json.get( jRC, reduceType ) ]
B87 still gives this error:
Error wrote: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal
So it seems to be failing in the same place on both. Just different error messages.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

FWIW I am in the same boat as full bleed.
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

I actually did a personal upgrade of the last version of this framework, including an overhaul of the statblock importer. I incorporated some of the changes from Jamz's macro, but ironed out those bugs everyone's talking about. I also fixed things like HD count when there are multiple HD types, set the DR, resistance, SR, etc, and made a couple changes to the way weapons are imported to be more accurate. One of the things I really liked changing was that mine will actually format the information into the GM notes. I'll post my copy of the old framework here when I get home, then start testing my changes on this update. My game group fell apart right as I finished all my code tweaking, but everything I've done has held up to my personal testing. I've got all 9 levels of summon monster and summon nature's ally set up, too. Anyway, I'll have it up in a little over an hour.

* Ok, so here it is. And the list of things I can remember changing. It is specifically designed for Pathfinder, and I don't know anything about how it would change anything for 3.5 use.
  • There were numerous changes to the pathfinder token property list, incorporating some changes from Jamz (treasure roll, timer for summons, showing attacks on the popup, regen, fast healing, XP tracking) and my own (keeping track of what's in a character's hand which is very easily set by a custom macro, defensive abilities string on the popup)
  • First thing, the stablock importer rewrite. Has the changes I mentioned above. Correctly imports damage and extra bits like stun and extra damage dice like fiery. Also imports burst weapons as extra crit damage. Either FF or Touch AC wasn't being imported into the popup sheet correctly, so that was fixed. Languages listed in the statblock are put in the languages (notes) of the race. Extra movement types are imported and displayed correctly, including fly maneuverability. Fast healing and Regen are imported into the new properties to be used in the new initiative changer (more on that below). Special Qualities and Attacks are imported and shown on the popup sheet, but nothing is really done with them. Treasure type gets imported from Ecology section to be used with Jamz's treasure roller. And, like I said, it formats the statblock into the GM notes to make everything much easier to see (especially things that aren't handled, like spells and spell-like abilies). I haven't checked into skill importing at ALL, so I don't know if it does or has ever handled things like racial skill mods correctly. It does handle monsters with stats and a base stats (like creatures with rage) correctly. It isn't 100% foolproof, but I've done a lot to it. The biggest thing to know is that it won't work right if you paste a statblock that has a background or description section. It will probably import all relevant stats and such correctly, but I can't guarantee it, and the formatting in the GM notes will be way off. I've been just copying statblocks up through the treasure section of ecology (leaving out the description text after it). The paizo site has ecology before Special Abilities descriptions, so if you copy from there, you have to go through the SAs, too. If there is no ecology section for that creature, the importer just inserts a blank one at the end.
  • I updated the Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally maps with all standard (no alternate choices) creatures from the available list on d20pfsrd. In the case of elementals, I included any that were core and had the listed size, so no 3rd party elementals, but that did increase the selection with the inclusion of Ice, Lightning, Magma, and Mud. They have all been imported with my importer macro.
  • Included Jamz's Spell Effect summons, though haven't really used them. Especially haven't used the VBL stuff attached, as I'm still using b87 currently.
  • Replaced the summon monster buttons with Jamz's, including his "Finalize Summoned" macro that sets up the timer using the new properties, as well as uses his custom "Summoned" and "Unsummoned" token statuses.
  • Incorporated and upgraded Jamz's Initiative and Next Init macro. The Next Init button allows for dying checks to be made automatically, for the imported Fast Healing and Regen to fire, and for spell/summon timers to automatically tick. It also gives the person who has initiative a status with a little green d20 on their token so they're easy to find. I wrote a Delay Init macro that will delay the initiative for whoever has it, or place someone who has delayed/readied an action into the current initiative automatically when used on them. Taking people off delay might ruin initiative order a little if many people delay and come off at the same time, but it seems to work ok otherwise. Also made a New Encounter button that gives the first person the custom initiative status correctly. The End Combat button removes everyone from initiative and removes the initiative status indicator.
  • I turned off automatically moving dying creatures to the object layer, because that got very annoying for doing anything that was dying, especially my players. I did incorporate all of Jamz's buttons for moving dead creatures to and from the object/hidden/token layers.
  • Added Jamz's buttons for calculating XP of an encounter and automatically applying the XP to the characters involved in the fight.
  • Added in Jamz's treasure roller and updated it to gold base instead of SP. I didn't understand everything going on in it, and haven't really used it, but it does roll the GP earned in an encounter and breaks it up into random PP/GP/SP/CP with a chance for gems.
  • There are some toggles for spells and conditions my players were encountering a lot. Made a macro to easily turn off prone, since it wasn't a real mod. that would obviously change in the current FW version.
  • Under that is GM secret skill checks for everything that d20pfsrd lists as secret checks in their "Fast Play" descriptions, plus secret perception, since I was almost always rolling that secretly. Personal thing on all those skill checks, really.
  • I had replaced the Plothos spell manager with Aliasmask's. I can't recall when I did it, but it's possible he's updated it since then. I know there was a bug or two I ironed out in the spell tables. I added a few spells to the bard list that my bard wanted to cast that are in the bard spell list but weren't in the table. The biggest change I made, though, was to Druids. I haven't messed with it too much, and it was sort of a hack job to get it done quickly, but my Druid player chose fire as his domain, and the spell manager didn't give him the domain spells and spell slots he should have had. So I gave the druids the cleric domains. Good for if you have a Druid that doesn't choose animal companion, but probably doesn't work right if they do choose that. The unaltered one is there, just named BACKUP.
  • I have my custom macros for setting items into the Left Hand and Right Hand slots of the popup sheet. Very easy, and I just thought it would be good for keeping track of when players drew/sheathed/dropped weapons or shields.
  • Created macros for dedicated 1 button attacks just to save time. Also made a few samples that combine turning on or off a mod and attacking in 1 button. Note, it turns them on or off directly; they don't toggle.
  • I didn't create a new sample for it, but I had no idea until I started messing around with all this that worn items (armor) could be toggled by the same macro as the Active Mods toggle. That was really cool for tracking when my players took their armor off and such. Also thought it was good info that you can set a caster level in the macro for toggling buff spells, which was also a time saver I didn't realize until I started digging. Just side notes here.
  • I created a macro that expends 1 arrow from the Plothos Inventory on the character. It's easily modded to add an arrow for if your player recovers ammo after a battle. All you have to do is plug in the name off the ammo as it appears in their inventory.
  • Did a similar thing for using a wand without having to open the inventory first. Just a small time saver.
  • Small addition to the Plothos Inventory Manager that if a character has a "Masterwork Backpack", they will get the +1 to their strength score for the purposes of calculating encumbrance.
  • Duplicated the Action Points macro to create a ki pool. Had one the same for rage points, but it's not here. Basically the best way I saw to keep track of daily use abilities like that without having to set up something in Plothos Spell Manager. Seemed like a time saver over the Spell Manager method. Realize now that the corresponding token macro is on a token I deleted. Should be easy for anyone to figure out how to edit the Action Point macro from the Variant token on the Utils map to create a new one.
  • There are a few extra mods in the Active Mods selection for some Monk level 3 abilities Fast Movement and Maneuver Training. Also, the dodge feat. I liked it there more than in the worn items, though it works either way.
  • Small amount of change to the attack dialog, mostly font size changes to be more uniform. Set the default number of weapon choices in the dialog to 3.
  • Just a note that the "Summon Importer" macro at the bottom of the campaign macros just adds the "L# - " in front of the summon name. Was just a time saver for me when setting up the summon maps.
  • Added in Jamz's map that is the map of Golarian. Just thought it was cool.
  • Some of the things on Wolph's BASE map were messed up from the beginning, like the tree trunks, so those are broken. I created a couple cool traps on the event macros library there that I used for Crypt of the Everflame, though, if anyone wants to check them out. There's a pretty cool (if I do say so myself) pit trap with a pillow at the bottom that rolls reflex saves to avoid falling in, climb checks to get out, and acrobatics checks to jump over once the trap is sprung. The code may not be pretty, but it should work. Was my first code I wrote for this, and was a definite learning experience.
Ok, I think that's the list. So here's the campaign file: PF Empty Campaign

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Hey Dorn

there is some great stuff in your set up. some of its a bit heavy for my game but some of your mods are great.

FWIW your Statblock2token 2.0 worked great.

I'll put this one aside and raid it later on for part for my camp build

Regards G-9mm
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

New Version of mine:
Pathfinder Empty Framework Modified

For anyone interested, I added my changes into the new version. Most of the changes I listed in my previous post are included. The changes I made to Plothos spell manager are not included. Another thing I remember now that I changed was to limit the attacks from BAB to 4, since that's how PF works.

I'll probably look into adding in AliasMask's distance macro for the popup sheet soon. That looks cool and useful.

And I guess it looks like I'll have to add detection for class levels into the importer to put into the new class property! Should be simple enough.

@Glock - I definitely hear you. Luckily, most things you probably won't want to use can just be ignored or deleted. I know that my popup character sheets can get a little large, too, and the lines that make it large (like showing all the attacks with all mods included) are easily deleted or at least hidden from the sheet. I've just been having fun adding all this stuff, but haven't really got to the point of deciding if it's actually useful. I did fix the "Full HP" macro here, too. It was calling a macro that didn't exist anymore, which gave that error. What was being called wasn't even needed anymore, so I just erased it.

@Aliasmask - Curious about a change in the spell library. Is it intended for the "cast" link to open a new frame but for all other links to update the main frame? I also notice that the frames don't open large enough to show everything by default, though the original version did.

@lmarkus001 - Thanks for the great update!

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”