MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by lmarkus001 »

Released!
MT1.3.87.06_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn (updated URL)

I recommend a stack size of 3MB for this version.

1.3b87_06
=========

• Character Sheet -
    • Now should be the go-to place for players
    • Added more macro links so you can better run as a player directly from the character sheet and avoid the campaign macros
      • Stat Damage
      • Negative Level
      • Special Attack
    • Further corrected the cache.
    • Added Senses information.
    • Added what is in hand information.
    • Light source
    • Pathfinder Concentration check (this requires a single skills edit to show up)
    • Can deactivate individual mod-sets with a single click
  • Campaign Properties
    • MapTools Statsheet properties are now clearly listed at the end of the properties. Any of the "sheet.___" properties can be freely removed/changed without impacting functionality. Reworked the statsheet to be more compact (along the lines of what AliasMask has posted).
    • NEW properties: These are used to maintain the senses of the token (low-light vision, scent, tremorsense 30 ft., etc.) When modified (through Edit Core), the vision of the token will be changed.
      • sheet.___
      • SensesFixedJ:[]
      • SensesRangedJ:{}
      • SensesFixedMod:{}
      • SensesRangedMod:{}
      • SensesDisplay
      • HeldLeft
      • HeldRight
    • Weapon15 is now defaulted to improvised club-thrown
  • Mod-Sets: Added Senses (so you can now have a mask that grants darkvision 30 ft.). This will come in useful for the future polymorph mod-sets. Tweaked some mods (Blinded, Dazzled, Unconscious) to use the new Senses.
  • Frame based Attack window changes - Added 2nd target. Added a followup Combat Maneuver (for things like wolves that get a follow up trip attack)
  • Macro limitation: Players can no longer modify hitpoints (or do a Mod Report) on tokens they do not own.
  • Finish (Summon) modification: Corrected Timer for multiply selected tokens. Added Bonus hp/HD and Bonus total hitpoints options (for things like a Varisian Idol).
  • Further processing of summoned monsters Pathfinder level 0-5. Included Dorn's tokens for 6-9 but they are not scrubbed yet (but I did remove the portrait images as they added a 30% bloat to the file size). Added Sense info. Added summon-able light source.
  • Added some introductory undead (skeletons and zombies).
  • Setup Blank - Moved to the library token, added Senses, modified default equipment.
  • Skills - Added automatic selection of Class skills for Pathfinder creatures based on creature type. Added setting of a Speed modifier to Pathfinder Fly skill based on Fly Maneuverability.

OTHER's TOOLS
  • Upgraded to Wolf42 Bag of Tricks 25c -- CUSTOMIZED to support my UDF Wiki: setSize() and to support the automatic movement of the "shadow" invisible token. These customizations are implemented via Event macros on lib:EventMacros.
  • Plothos Spell Manager (updated to remove the need for lib:players). Added some class data (PF UM Druid_Storm, and further fleshed out the Witch).
  • Removed aliasmask's lib:players as it is no longer required.
  • Added Crusader's Macro library from aethelflaed
  • Added summon-able light from Aliasmask

Specific Areas Modified
Campaign Properties: Pathfinder & DnD35: Weapon15, sheet.___, SensesFixedJ, SensesRangedJ, SensesFixedMod, SensesRangedMod, SensesDisplay, HeldLeft, HeldRight, XP, NewXP, LeveledUp, XPadvancementPace, NextLevelXP, Regeneration, AntiRegen, FastHealing. SIGHT: Darkvision60 STATES: LevelUp, XP, HasInit
Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder
Campaign Macros
Table - SysVars, CreatTypePF, CreatTypeSRD
Last edited by lmarkus001 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Added alternate download link

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (NEW! Latest V

Post by lmarkus001 »

This update has been released!

On the horizon I will be working on:
  • Feats - Adding a checklist of feats for your character
  • Undead templates - for you necromancers out there
  • Polymorph - finally getting around to Beast Form/etc mod-sets for Pathfinder

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:This update has been released!

On the horizon I will be working on:
  • Feats - Adding a checklist of feats for your character
  • Undead templates - for you necromancers out there
  • Polymorph - finally getting around to Beast Form/etc mod-sets for Pathfinder
Awesome! Thank you LM. Will test this weekend.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

This is incredible. It's changed a lot since I last used it. Is there a link handy that has documentation on how to use all this stuff?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

LM,

How do you use the new Attack window?

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

So uh, how exactly does this work as far as getting all this stuff into the maptools client? Do all my players need to download this as well and integrate it? I've never used maptools before but this looks like a really useful addition to the client.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

OneHawk, no, if you're the host, I believe you're on the only person who needs to dl the file.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

TheOneHawk wrote:So uh, how exactly does this work as far as getting all this stuff into the maptools client? Do all my players need to download this as well and integrate it? I've never used maptools before but this looks like a really useful addition to the client.
What ziltmilt said. :)

I suggest giving yourself a little bit of time to mess around with the framework, before gametime. Also, I would suggest starting simple, get used to a few of the button and what they do, then branch out. There are a bunch of bells and whistles, but you do not need to worry about them all at once.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

How do I make it work, though?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

TheOneHawk wrote:How do I make it work, though?
Use the campaign LM provides in the initial post, it is ready to go. I suggest saving it as a Base Campaign file, then you can use it as you create your encounters, saving it as a different campaign for each encounter area or so. I usually do a different campaign file for each level of a dungeon, for example, so that the file you are pushing out isn't too big.

I am happy to offer more help, but I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Have you ever used Maptool before? At what stage in the process are you?

Best.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

I have never used maptool before, and I'm looking to use it to DM a group online with my friends who do not live nearby. I'm using a pathfinder module (conquest of bloodsworn vale).

So I edit the file I downloaded to be each encounter, and keep a base save file of it around to edit into more dungeons/areas/towns/whatever?

Also, unrelated but just curious, how big of a map can maptools handle. I was thinking of using CC3 to make an overland map for a homebrew campaign I'm working on. How much of that can maptool handle at once?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

TheOneHawk wrote:I have never used maptool before, and I'm looking to use it to DM a group online with my friends who do not live nearby. I'm using a pathfinder module (conquest of bloodsworn vale).

So I edit the file I downloaded to be each encounter, and keep a base save file of it around to edit into more dungeons/areas/towns/whatever?

Also, unrelated but just curious, how big of a map can maptools handle. I was thinking of using CC3 to make an overland map for a homebrew campaign I'm working on. How much of that can maptool handle at once?
Thank you for the information. In that case I would suggest checking out the tutorials found on the Tutorials page, first.

But basically, setting up a campaign involves two things: importing maps, and creating tokens.

Conquest is not a huge module so you could probably get away with doing all of the maps in one campaign. Maptool can, basically, handle any size map, the issue is more about useability, if it is a huge really detailed map, it will take a long time to load.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

Ok, so I have the file loaded up as a campaign and I watched all the tutorial videos. Now I create the campaign in that save file, but keep another version of it as a base file, yes?

Also, is there a tutorial for what all the buttons do? I see quite a few, and I feel like I'm probably missing even more.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

TheOneHawk wrote:Ok, so I have the file loaded up as a campaign and I watched all the tutorial videos. Now I create the campaign in that save file, but keep another version of it as a base file, yes?

Also, is there a tutorial for what all the buttons do? I see quite a few, and I feel like I'm probably missing even more.
Sounds like you are on the right path! No, there is no tutorial. Basically, just start messing around. Use some of the tokens on the library map to see how they work. You do not need to use them all right away, just think about the typical rolls you make in a session (attack, skills, saves, hp, etc). Start out minimal. It does take a bit time to get used to things.

TheOneHawk
Kobold

Post by TheOneHawk »

Is there a way to get character sheet information into the macro's without my players having to understand the code?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”